What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

< Mr. Jessee's COCO clones >...from clone to pipe...(Satori)

G

...Pure Blend Pro+Liquid Karma+Fox Farm Big Bloom

Just coco...in 3 gal bags no perlite...American Agritech CocoGro

15127cocogro.JPG

12-09-2006

more to come...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Are you premixing the nutes like you did in your test grow? Lookin' good bro...good luck

:wave:

G

vt: yes same all the plants are in the same flowering room getting fed the same premix...I still have yet to run into defs or problems knock on wood...it sure is easy! I have some extra hydroton some I might add some to my coco mix next time...

G

the plant in the picture exploded it was sooo bushy I decided to take clones off of her and she dosent look like much...give it a month and ill post pic of her flowering... I also toped the plant in that picture...

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I like the way the coco gro bag is a growbag....and black on the inside (algae preventive measure)....that's convenient...open the bag...water it and plant....I saw a thread by Xtrakritikal on this application....nice....

I've always heard we should never premix nutes....and you're having no issues doing just that! Thanks for sharing with us bro....cya when ya update again :wave:

peace

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi Jessee

glad to see you started a thread for your grow. can't wait to see more. i like the look of those coco grow bags, very clever. you should be able to grow a huge plant in a bag that size.

how much coco does it contain?

if i was you i would not mix in hydro ton. just add a layer under the pots or bags. this will help it drain fast and will provide a place for those roots to live in that grow out of the holes at the bottom. mixing it with anything, is a lot of work for nothing really. not that it doesn't work, just that it doesn't work better, lol.

if you let hydroton anywhere near the coco, be sure that it is well cleaned first, specially if you plan to recirculate.

Last edited:
G

vt: yah and there is harder coco on the bottom to ensure drainage so no need to add anything...verry convinient.... im still not having issues with the premixed nutes...im using a real low dose 10-15ml to ensure no burn.... the clones are only a month into flower or at least the oldest that i started using the premix on and no defs or problems...im sure late into flower ill have to deal with something but satori is notorious for eating aways it leaves in the last weeks of flower so you will get some yellow sun leaves no matter what..

gaiusmarius: 30L after adding water and expanding...problem is they ran into some issues and no one around me is going to be carrying the bags anymore...no sweat tho botanicare makes a 70L brick for 12 € so I will be buying the bags and adding the media.. the cocogro I got for free for samples... but ive used manny coco and to flush salts before you use coco is a pain in the ass and ive lost 1 whole crop to that bullshit! excuse mylanguage..im still kinda bitter....

as far as mixing with hydroton and/or perlite here is my stance on the issue....

every soil for anything I have ever grown even my rose bushes I have mixed with my own hands no gloves or tools...I know the texture to look for...my coco plain without anything else can go 3-5 days unwatered! im sure if I threw some perlite in there I would cut those days down by 1-2 and might get a 1/8 oz at best more off a plant...im lazy I like the forgiving nature of coco....roots love it...its easy not having to walk around with bales of dirt....i can walk around with 280L of medium still in the package under my arm...and all you have to do it "add water" love it!!! were in the 21 century!! I also like that it dosent have nutes so what I give my plants is what they get...and flushing is a breeze...

<stoned rave off>

15127cocogro_004.jpg

15127cocogro_002.jpg

Last edited:
G

I almost forgot!

HURRAY FOR A COCO THREAD!!! YEYY!!!!

note: the clone from the first picture is the same as the one in the picture up there 10 clones were taken from him so he would of looked alot bushier with alot more nodes...

I like to clean up pop corn buds before they grow and waste speace! and they make great clones :)