What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you serious? So now LED has walked in and taken over and I gotta learn i!?!

inc0gnit0

First let me say it's totally awesome that you grow organic!

Have you tried screw in LED's yet?
They work great. They make for a very tight internode spacing.
You won't be disappointed by the end results.
Give them a try.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=314806&page=227

No. I haven't had a grow in years. Nowhere to set one up ... But that is a good idea. A good way to get my feet wet. I'll see if I can intro it during the veg cycle.

inc0gnit0

I love chip on board LEDs, the first I bought back in 2014 are still running 100%, they could very well run another 5-10 years.

In this picture you are looking at just over 2000 watts of COBs, mostly bought from timbergrowlights.com .

I am very happy with this round, multiple strains (15 or so), 100% organic with no sprays and 100% LEDs.

2 weeks or so away :biggrin:

View Image
Oh. Wow... These are some beauties!! But I've always seen thrigjt look purple. Red.? What temp is that?

inc0gnit0

I have a feeling BOG genes will continue

:D

I have a feeling you are right. Lots of good input. Looks like (forgive the spelling) greensanta has a good handle on those LEDs. But I tend to agree. That foot print may be better filled with HIDs. And I can get mine less than. 16" from the canopy if I want. Just depends on what I wanna cover. All the grows I've seen with LEDs those fuckers are like 3 feet over the plants. Unless this is only for the purpose of the photo.

buzzmobile

Veteran
All the grows I've seen with LEDs those fuckers are like 3 feet over the plants. Unless this is only for the purpose of the photo.
The light is about 6" above the tallest buds.

attachment.php

Attachments

• P7201538.jpg
    P7201538.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P7201539.jpg
    P7201539.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 21
  • P7201540.jpg
    P7201540.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 23
  • P7201542.jpg
    P7201542.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P7201543.jpg
    P7201543.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 21

xet

I learned researching LED is much more than LED but has more to do with the purpose of photosynthesis and the purpose of the light temperatures and their ratio and even this changes to a new function each day in the outdoors so the word balance really means something here when talking about using one to a few light sources for an entire cycle.

Alibaba, Amazon's parent company, sells all of the namebrand items direct. It took a lot of legwork but I eventually secured excellent contacts for what I was looking for specifically. There are competitors to the name-brand items that are not nkown about yet that are slightly more advanced in some ways but again this is a type of rabbit-hole that eventually, for me, comes down to, production. Do some sniffing around, go with your gut, and pick one of the award-winning lights and worst case scenario it is easy ot sell to someone using an inferior setup.

As far as researching wavelengths go, head to google and type: site:.edu mytermhere or site:.gov mytermhere and have a blast and good luck.

inc0gnit0

Is that all the same grow at different times in the flower cycle? Really nice looking plants . Really nice. Looksike yourr using the strips? And yeah I can see yours are much closer. I did a Google search on it other day and every grow I saw was this purple light. I assume that temp is for a different stage or hell idk. They were flowering. But that color drives me insane. Looks like you've yours pretty well dialed in. I can get my HIDs about that close as well but it depends on the footprint I'm trying to cover.

xet

Thanks for that info. Will do. However I have heard some flack lately about Alibaba.

Alibaba is such a powerful business tool I can see why the light-hearted will dip their toes in afraid to jump in. It's not the right tool for everyone but it is powerful and the right people really want to help you succeed. I have Alibaba products right here on my desk, state-of-the-art chipboard LED's with the exact nm wavelength requested. One of them is so special it is 3x the cost of the others due to my manufacturer running a one-off of this item for me to experiment with.

Lights are separated into Temperature (Kelvin), i.e. 3500K, and nm (Wavelength), i.e. 440nm

xet

A temperature specific light example:
attachment.php

A wavelength specific light example:
attachment.php

Attachments

• color-temp-600x250.jpg
    color-temp-600x250.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 27
  • main-qimg-2acd81ad9fe715abdab6b43b9166ec89.png
    main-qimg-2acd81ad9fe715abdab6b43b9166ec89.png
    33.3 KB · Views: 23

P-NUT

Veteran
What leds are you playing with xet? Do you have a source for the solderless leds like rapid led?

xet

What leds are you playing with xet? Do you have a source for the solderless leds like rapid led?

Hi P-NUT, personally when I hear solderless my gut reaction is energy loss; fire hazard.

This is a sneak-peak to a future thread as I would call it highly experimental and controversial due to so many people attaching feelings onto what wavelengths plants need or do not need.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Each chip is a separate wavelength keeping ratio in mind as it relates to genetic potential.

These chips are direct from the factory and as it turns out many of the name-brand chips are rebranded and this is the best China has to offer at the moment for cost-benefit.

You are looking at 540w of chips in total.

Attachments

• lights2.jpg
    lights2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 22
  • lights1.jpg
    lights1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 19

buzzmobile

Veteran
Is that all the same grow at different times in the flower cycle? Really nice looking plants . Really nice. Looksike yourr using the strips?
I have 9 plants in flower, but I only put one in to flower each week. Harvest one move one into flower. The plants in front are weeks 1-3; second row is weeks 4-6; third row is weeks 7-9.
I bought a Fluence SpydrxPlus.

xet

Also Google image search 'Chromaticity Diagram' and read various articles on theory

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0EF01A88-F874-4ECB-B2B6-3ADC38636CD4-imageId=F0970C2D-064D-4878-9EE8-76660CAE5EB3.jpg
    0EF01A88-F874-4ECB-B2B6-3ADC38636CD4-imageId=F0970C2D-064D-4878-9EE8-76660CAE5EB3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 22

inc0gnit0

I have 9 plants in flower, but I only put one in to flower each week. Harvest one move one into flower. The plants in front are weeks 1-3; second row is weeks 4-6; third row is weeks 7-9.
I bought a Fluence SpydrxPlus.

Sometimes the simplest solution is the best. This has never occurred to me not have I had a reason to do so. But it holds a lot of potential for growing multiple strains in the same area. I've always been so OCD about the canopy being level even if I had to stack some on books or what have you. And never grown more than two strains on the same room. I bet that's a quite grow though. I can get my lights low but I gotta run 2hi velocity 8" fans, one 8" inline duct fan plus the oscillating fans and the 10"ventilation fan. And the small a/c unit mounted in the walk-in closet which is the secret behind the lights running so cool. I run it at 70 and that air is forced through the duct s ,lights,and moved with two 8"hi velocity fans then pumped to the attic using an inline duct fan to help it up the climb. Yeh I have fan controllers but it's still loud as all get out! The next grow I do... I'm pulling the drywall off the interior walls and installing insulation. When the hvac system I built for the lights and it all kick's on at about 9pm..... You'll think a damn plane is flying into the house. But the results were so worth it. I was using at one time 4khw of hps to flower a 10x10
Area. I devised a raising and lowering system that would move the whole unit (lights, ducting, fans) with one hand kind of like a mini blinds catch. They start aat 16". And over the course of the day I move them down to 6" from the canopy. It was not uncommon to pull close to 10+pounds out of the room. By harvest time you can't get in and move about. The entire 10x10 area is wall to wall buds. I've said it before but I believe using this HVAC setup and lights yields more herb than any 10x10 garden I've seen in my life. That's why I don't wanna stop flowering with it (may scale back to two lights) but I didnt use the system in the veg room. And could not get the lights but about 3 feet from the plants. Same 4kwh MH. This room was harder to maintain constant temp and humidity. I had no way to setup the cooling system for the lights. I'm thinking of using the LEDs in the veg room so I can get more nodes with less stem between them and get even more bud. I have to see how many plants they'll let me grow first.

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Sometimes the simplest solution is the best. This has never occurred to me not have I had a reason to do so. But it holds a lot of potential for growing multiple strains in the same area. I've always been so OCD about the canopy being level even if I had to stack some on books or what have you. And never grown more than two strains on the same room. I bet that's a quite grow though. I can get my lights low but I gotta run 2hi velocity 8" fans, one 8" inline duct fan plus the oscillating fans and the 10"ventilation fan. And the small a/c unit mounted in the walk-in closet which is the secret behind the lights running so cool. I run it at 70 and that air is forced through the duct s ,lights,and moved with two 8"hi velocity fans then pumped to the attic using an inline duct fan to help it up the climb. Yeh I have fan controllers but it's still loud as all get out! The next grow I do... I'm pulling the drywall off the interior walls and installing insulation. When the hvac system I built for the lights and it all kick's on at about 9pm..... You'll think a damn plane is flying into the house. But the results were so worth it. I was using at one time 4khw of hps to flower a 10x10
Area. I devised a raising and lowering system that would move the whole unit (lights, ducting, fans) with one hand kind of like a mini blinds catch. They start aat 16". And over the course of the day I move them down to 6" from the canopy. It was not uncommon to pull close to 10+pounds out of the room. By harvest time you can't get in and move about. The entire 10x10 area is wall to wall buds. I've said it before but I believe using this HVAC setup and lights yields more herb than any 10x10 garden I've seen in my life. That's why I don't wanna stop flowering with it (may scale back to two lights) but I didnt use the system in the veg room. And could not get the lights but about 3 feet from the plants. Same 4kwh MH. This room was harder to maintain constant temp and humidity. I had no way to setup the cooling system for the lights. I'm thinking of using the LEDs in the veg room so I can get more nodes with less stem between them and get even more bud. I have to see how many plants they'll let me grow first.

Damn man, that's a great set up:tiphat:

OP

Dog Star

Veteran
I dont get proper those temperature light example..

and our sun is 5780 K,why they write 4800 K..

inc0gnit0

Damn man, that's a great set up:tiphat:

OP

Thanks. It derived over several grows. But the system is flawed. Since I didnt have the space to run a similar HVAC setup for the metal halides in the veg room, I wasn't able to get the nodes as tight. We all know, more nodes = more bud. That's why I'm thinking of using 2 60O watt systems ready to go I found at timber. I can get them down on the canopy for much tighter nodes. Then when I flower them out it should be even more. However, the next setup won't be a 4khw system. The amount of plants you can grow includes clones, veg, mothers and flowering. So I don't think I'll quilify for 200 plants
Morer like 50 altogether. This will cut the noise down (keeping the wife happy, I kinda like the noise. It's money goinf out but more coming in) and I can't sell this which is fine. But two should be enough to get the bud/meds I need. Idek where we'll be living, the room sizes. I'd like to do it all in one room. Maybe a FROG, divided off into sections. It would be easy enough to take a room that big and frame out a veg room, flower room and small room to put the a/c in it. I'll install a steel door and lock it up according to the rules I hear. I need to think of some sort of halon, fire suppression system with all that in one room. I had an electrician come in last time and create a separate home run breaker box dedicated to the grow. I'm thinking of two 8x10 rooms. Basically dividing the back half with ... I'll have to sketch it out. Hard to explain but on an 8x10 I wouldn't use but like 6x6,7x7 to grow. I'm just ready to finalize the lawsuit and get a move on to the west.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
I dont get proper those temperature light example..

and our sun is 5780 K,why they write 4800 K..

Its probably 4800k as seen from earth because the light is scattered causing us to perceive a yellow sun but the true colour is nearer 5780k as the sun is much more white. :2cents:

Latest posts

Latest posts