What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

O2 Emitter: Anybody Using it?

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
You should look into needle wheel impeller water pumps. That, and water temps being low.... Would make for a great res environment for the flood table... {Or dwc}

Or even better just get a cheap small water pump with a venturi fitting. Active aqua, and ecoplus come with them.. The smaller the better {less heat} and just let it flow straight up, and make a small eruption like a fountain\geyser effect breaking the surface of the water in the res...

The 3 main elements are Oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen..... Amplifying oxygen isnt really going to do anything..... The best thing you can do is process Hydrogen faster by feeding lower strength nutes in a low humidity environment. So they drink faster, and don't get overfertilized at the same time.. Then you have carbon.... {co2}..... With more co2 in the atmosphere you can have the light intensity higher without burning the plants, and really gain the most.... I would focus on carbon\hydrogen more than oxygen...... Venturi will get you all the oxygen you need.... The more important thing is Humidity... hydrogen\carbon...light intensity.

Drop That Sound

There's one of those alpha DO-1000's left on amazon for a buck eighty.... Someone could hook up either a concentrator, generator, or regulated bottles to it.

I might consider that kinda setup as soon as I dial in my new rooms\systems.

Might even add an extra container to drain and re-flood my RDWC, once or twice a day, and have the solution go through a treatment center with dosers first. Basically the exact opposite of F&D..

I just spent a few months gathering up supplies and designing all new custom air diffusers. Gonna play with them for awhile first... But i'll definitely start with a small titanium plate cell in one of my cloners. I'll order the titanium soon.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should look into needle wheel impeller water pumps. That, and water temps being low.... Would make for a great res environment for the flood table... {Or dwc}

Or even better just get a cheap small water pump with a venturi fitting. Active aqua, and ecoplus come with them.. The smaller the better {less heat} and just let it flow straight up, and make a small eruption like a fountain\geyser effect breaking the surface of the water in the res...

The 3 main elements are Oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen..... Amplifying oxygen isnt really going to do anything..... The best thing you can do is process Hydrogen faster by feeding lower strength nutes in a low humidity environment. So they drink faster, and don't get overfertilized at the same time.. Then you have carbon.... {co2}..... With more co2 in the atmosphere you can have the light intensity higher without burning the plants, and really gain the most.... I would focus on carbon\hydrogen more than oxygen...... Venturi will get you all the oxygen you need.... The more important thing is Humidity... hydrogen\carbon...light intensity.

Thanks for chiming in!

My rezes are outside the tents. Pumps run 5 minutes every 2 hours, so not much Co2 benefit. This grow I am using small 160 gph pumps (one in each rez) one with venturi, the other is a mini water fall into a net pot slightly above the water line with large round marbles and platonic solids. . Unlike HPA I am unable to pop the lide and see how the roots responded

Reading the university studies using a drip system + an O2 emitter, they had a 20%+ increase in yield + reduction in solution EC/PPM

Dr.Young

K+ vibes
Veteran
I tried hydroguard... and keeping water temps low as possible..... It was a lot of hassle.... h2o2 barely worked, even when it did... super short term.......
I tried chlorine, and went from root rot to instantly the whitest roots ive ever seen {even on the internet}...
Using half the nutrients, and water looks\smells drinkable lol.... I wouldnt use it in rockwool on a flood table, but hydroton I would still trust it... Maybe give chlorine a try..... Dutchmaster Gold "Zone".... or currentculture uc roots.... or Poolshock.... or just plain bleach lol.. I promise it will beat all the brews, and moneytrap bs...

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran

This grow I am using small pumps (one in each rez) one with venturi the other is a mini water fall splashing into a net pot with large round marbles and platonic solids.

My rezes are outside the tents. Pumps run 5 minutes every 2 hours, so not much Co2 benefit. Unlike HPA I am unable to pop the lids and see how the roots responded

Reading the university study using a drip system + an O2 emitter, they had a 20%+ increase in yield + reduction in solution EC/PPM