What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lumigrow...

led05

Chasing The Present
Thousands for paperweights. Maybe a few thousand hours, I’ve replaced every fan ever c... I use maybe 2k hours a year, please avoid then, the truth hurts

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK.... They don't advertise here, so no problem.

I'm curious,

Why would it be a problem if they advertized here?

Aren't we individuals supposed to be looking out for each other & reporting our experiences to the benifit/detriment of corporations?

If yall gonna protect the corps over the individual, whether they advertize here or not, you're going to loose a F TON of business!

led05

Chasing The Present
I'm curious,

Why would it be a problem if they advertized here?

Aren't we individuals supposed to be looking out for each other & reporting our experiences to the benifit/detriment of corporations?

If yall gonna protect the corps over the individual, whether they advertize here or not, you're going to loose a F TON of business!

I think MJ makes a good point but regardless it got posted in the wrong place, it was from phone and clearly not the right location (website support).

Feel free to delete the thread and I can post with more details in a more appropriate location?

Skip

Veteran
Mentioning an outside website, from a crappy company we have nothing to do with, only publicizes the existence of that company, which enhances their SEO, brings more people directly to the publicized website (without ever coming to ICMag).

As they say any publicity is good (for a website, not necessarily a biz).

All the ads & companies you see advertising on IC, have been vetted, and you can feel safe buying from them, so why bother even mentioning other options to people, when our advertisers are what keeps this site going and all the info on this site available for anyone to search for free.

What they don't know about won't hurt them. You mention a bad company here, and ppl will just remember they heard it on ICMag, and may forget it was a negative review.

Also there are trolls who will dis a competing company, and that can get out of hand and cause endless arguments, arguments that we don't want to have to sort out, esp. when the company isn't even involved with this website!

And lastly we try to stay positive about products and businesses that have proven themselves over the years.

Latest posts

Latest posts