What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hash

zx7thrills

Hi I'm new to this forum. Im trying to find information about getting the green out of the oil I'm making that i mix into a bunch of keif or crystal from bud. My hash has a green smell to it and when i cut a piece off its a darker green colour. It really does get you stoned but I'm just trying to perfect the product. I've been told a few different ways but nothing has worked so far…..

acespicoli

try ethanol as for the green color that clorophyll,
you may want some micron screen and dry sieve or bubble bags

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Read the Skunkpharm QWET/QWISO guide. Sadly GW isn't there and is having issues with the new site, but last I checked his old guide is still up at the old one.

MAgardner

Dry Ice Hash...my go-to method

Dry Ice Hash...my go-to method

After 3 yrs of hash making I'm quite happy with the dry ice method. It's simple, inexpensive, and QUICK. You can smoke withing 5 minutes after making. I shake dry ice pellets with dried small buds in 220 micron bag. The process freezes the trichomes that drop though the 220 micron screen size onto a smooth clean surface. The kief is scraped together. From this mass a measured amount can be pressed into hash cakes which last for years under proper storage.
This is great method if you have a lot of trim or small buds. I used about 150 grams of bud and got about 25 grams of kief in pics.

Simple equipment and steps:
1. Get 220 micron bubble bags for bubble hash in 1 quart or two quart size or gallon if you can find them.
2. Get pelletized dry ice or crush up sheets to a couple inch square size.
3. Add about 1/4 oz very dried trim or small buds to screen bag (I use small buds that are too much hassle to dry and cure).
4. Get small box with open top and bottom and place on clean smooth surface.
5. Shake bag with ice and bud inside box for a couple minutes (box contains cloud of frozen trichomes) then toss material and add fresh bud and ice. The trick is to not shake too long where frozen leaf material starts to fall through.

Attachments

• DSC00257 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    DSC00257 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00259 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    DSC00259 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00261 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    DSC00261 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00267 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    DSC00267 - Copy (1024x768) - Copy.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 19

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day A

When you use the QUISO method do as it says and make it a quick wash .
30 seconds in the alcohol is enough . More than that and you get green rather than golden oil .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

insomniac_AU

What Is Decarboxylation, and Why Does Your Cannabis Need It?

The conversion of THCA to THC delta9. It doesn't need it if you are smoking it. Decarboxylation converts THC so it is active for things like edibles, tinctures and transdermals.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts