What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamaldelica and Frisian Dew under LEDs

F

Freeborn man

greeting all and welcome to the show. I've saved you some time with starting the journal 1.5 months into veg because IMO we have all seen enough seeds cracking open photos to last a damned lifetime.
Ok the specifics: in one corner Zamaldelica of the Malawi parentage sitting in a gro pro 5 gallon container exhibiting the fat leaves and just amazing branching habits and from what little experience I have with it possesses little need for heavy feeding it has recieved very very little and yet is remarkably green. I started it out a week after the frisian cracked and have obviously introduced it to restraints.
In the other corner stands Frisian Dew in a 7 gal gro pro and what a polar opposite we have here. Immediately stretchy right out of the gate even with the lights low. I recently pinched it in an attempt to slow the mofo down some.
Grow medium, soil made of Jungle potting mix enriched with bat guano some blood meal a few cup fulls of minerals and innoculated with mycellium which i feed a weekly mix of homemade aloe water mixed with mollasses.
Lights are 280 w and 300 w made from 3w LEDs from the venrable MarsHydro. Why not the 5w? Im poor and these were about 90 dollars each on ebay. Hours run i vegged both 18 hours a day three weeks and slowly worked it down to 12.5 hours as of yesterday. Zamal is a 12/12 lighting schedule in the best case scenario but i had cracked the FD and a week later thought nah f it i want more plus a back up if SHTF over here. So ignorance being at times blissful I popped it open. my plan is to let the frisian flower on the current 12 hour schedule and as it finishes Ill pul the hours down to 11.5 to favor the emerging ZD flowering.
Estimated flower times, so different: FD said to be about 7-8 weeks the Zamal. 14.5 as noted by the great Dubi of Ace genetics (hi guy - you fucking rock, keep protecting the landraces like you do it is awesome and important work you are doing.)
The Plan. when Frisian starts lifting up Ill be putting the zamal on a booster seat to keep it in normal range of the light. but once zamal starts the big Sativa stretch ill reduce the booster as needed.
Issues, none save that I had a bit of a calcium issue i think as the FD went light green w dark green veining and had a mottled look. So first thing was a deep flush found PH in range over all so first was Cal Mag the a few days later some iron the a few days later a half strength tiger bloom feeding a week later full strength. I lightly burned the tips on the full strength but nothing curled and leaves are looking much better, Chime in I'm blind and driving the frisian dew car so help keep me on the road.
The emergency wtf have i done plan: if Frisian Dew just won't work for me indoors or gets too huge in that 7 g it goes outside and gets laid down on its side so finish up stealth style in one of my garden beds. Frisian is said to be outdoors only but fools go where Angels fear to tread eh? so off we go.
All comments welcome and I will try to be punctual in my postings, also not my first grow. Way waaay waaaaay back in the day I was one of those growers in the pioneer valley of Massachusetts in the early 1980's who grew and help develop pioneer valley skunk (Later known as UMass Skunk) which went on to help contribute to other strains here in the US most notiably in the diesel line of strains. We had no idea - trust me- we just loved it grew hydroponically and kept our mouths shut tight, The main guy responsible for this strain was a fellow named Dale who despite being loved deeply and living a good life passed on suddenly and at less the 45 years of age. miss you buddy. Trust me, again we had no clue we just were the minions of Dale and it was great lol. Since then I have grown sporadically with often decent results and some total wrecks we like to call learning opportunities.
I grew AfroPips Tribal Vision back around '08, and it's well earned moniker stuck in my head, recently started searching out genetics and african lines and here we are snugs as bugs in a rug,, what was that bullshit terminology the press was using like they were all macho... embedded. yes I am embedded here in the grow room with two plants from the fuck you up brigade running "Operation Peace Beats War" (OPBW)
So pour a tea engage the grow room and spark a fire, the shit is on.:woohoo:
why the heck the pictures are sideways I dunno, they are correct on my laptop but ICMAG 'ified and wham its sideways. Advice? once I get clarity ill post the rest to save us the neck straining. As poven by the lack of pic I am no software guy. Help?
picture.php

F

Freeborn man

oh and a quick addition to the wall o text.
Water, I use rain water collected in a 60 gal container or the homemade pond (2400+ gallons so I'm good there lol).