What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trinity (as described by Jason King in The Cannabible Vol. #1)

Grojak

Friend had a buddy show up from Lawrence, KS about 15 years ago with cuts and work he was getting rid of. Partner ran an entire load of just the Trinity. Grew like an indica, big sparkly nuggets that just glistened. So much resin that it would coat the inside of the bag like my original C99. Reeked hardcore of super sweet skunk with a bit of fuel. Big tops with thick nuggets. Top Shelf. Took a while to veg though hard to get her to branch out wanted to grow straight poles.

Had super fat leaves like Trinzillas IG photo.

This would be one plant I would treasure for a lifetime.
LT

This jives with me, 2003 is totally believable as I was getting it around 2000, mostly grown in Colorado though but back then it was also coming out of a Kansas town other than Lawrence. That said, regarding your friends friend, if he was “A” tall, heady dude that liked to phish, I can possibly vouch for that cut.

LostTribe

Premium user
Trinity
18708497-641884ff588efbb1969103d5d27f8347.jpg

full

Scent is developing but the frame and overall morphology are what I recall. Very healthy for being so old. Here at day 38. I have a bigger one vegged up hoping to flip in a few more weeks.

:ying:
LT

Last edited:

LostTribe

Premium user
I have this girl under a 250w led in a tester tent. She was put in at the last minute to try and verify. I keep having issues trying to veg under these LED lights Mars included. I hope to get the mom under Hps today and get her as big as I can before flip. I think the issues are root zone temp related and they are in coco.

This is the one I just cannot wait to twist up! Telling myself not until she's ready! Hands off!

LostTribe

Premium user
She's been semi tucked under the canopy but a good sized one is close to flip. Smells pretty much like I remember at this point. Its got a semi citrusy woodsy smell. The plant just feels exactly like the old one. Its got this touch to her I remember very well. The stems are very strong but not woody and the leaves.
full

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
She's been semi tucked under the canopy but a good sized one is close to flip. Smells pretty much like I remember at this point. Its got a semi citrusy woodsy smell. The plant just feels exactly like the old one. Its got this touch to her I remember very well. The stems are very strong but not woody and the leaves.
full
does it smell right?

LostTribe

Premium user
does it smell right?
It does its just that it was so so long ago it has taken a bit for me to be sure. It was always difficult to describe the scent. Its sort of a spicy pine fine woodsy smell. Similar to the lemon in the OG but its just all its own smell and no I do not think its related to OG. I am like 98% certain without a smoke test. Hope I don't screw up the drying but I think its going to be a good one.

LostTribe

Premium user
Week 1
full

full

full

I just switched to Jacks. Thoughts on the slight yellowing? I am at 1.4ec ph 6.0. 80/20 coco perlite mix. Dripping 4 times daily to runoff. Ec is higher than I was running with canna (1.2 throughout) under 480w mars)

RO w 60ppm epsom
Jacks 321
1ml/g Mr Fulvic love this stuff
once a week drench with Recharge.

LostTribe

Premium user
Smoke Test Alert!!!

Upon breaking up the nug which is just dry enough to test out but still sticky and squishy a bit. The scent is strong with a sharpness to it that is similar to something you would find with some OG Kush but with its own scent. No I do not believe the two are related. The bud is totally covered in resin and the plants grow very easily and are still vigorous even with the age of this variety.

Upon first toke it is completely evident that this is the same extremely expansive tastiness from the past. It has the exact same sharp taste and effect is instantaneous. It is not skunky so much as it is overpoweringly loud and delightful. It is not as piney as it is more of a sharp fine woodyness to it. The taste is unique and it is spot on as it used to be. This is the same we had some 20 years ago in the midwest.

The effect is quite impressive. I toked on 2 medium sized bowls out of a chillum and it is expansive and strong through the last light of the ash. Very strong and I made the mistake of heading out to the store which turned out to be a mistake. I found myself uncomfortably stoned and considered heading back but made it to my destination safely. No doubt it could make a non seasoned smoker freak out in the same situation.

I will have a time trying to keep out of this tiny jar until the next one finishes. Next one got vegged for a good bit and should give me a nice harvest. Its at 1w. I'll post up some better pics soon but its the real deal and a blessing that she is still here and found her way back. A thing of legend and I know why she has been guarded so closely it is truly an exceptional varietal for its effect and taste.

midwestkid

Veteran
420giveaway
congrats bud! its a great feeling when you track down a familiar smell, let alone the effect. im glad you got your hands on it.

Art Vandelay

Smoke Test Alert!!!

Upon breaking up the nug which is just dry enough to test out but still sticky and squishy a bit. The scent is strong with a sharpness to it that is similar to something you would find with some OG Kush but with its own scent. No I do not believe the two are related. The bud is totally covered in resin and the plants grow very easily and are still vigorous even with the age of this variety.

Upon first toke it is completely evident that this is the same extremely expansive tastiness from the past. It has the exact same sharp taste and effect is instantaneous. It is not skunky so much as it is overpoweringly loud and delightful. It is not as piney as it is more of a sharp fine woodyness to it. The taste is unique and it is spot on as it used to be. This is the same we had some 20 years ago in the midwest.

The effect is quite impressive. I toked on 2 medium sized bowls out of a chillum and it is expansive and strong through the last light of the ash. Very strong and I made the mistake of heading out to the store which turned out to be a mistake. I found myself uncomfortably stoned and considered heading back but made it to my destination safely. No doubt it could make a non seasoned smoker freak out in the same situation.

I will have a time trying to keep out of this tiny jar until the next one finishes. Next one got vegged for a good bit and should give me a nice harvest. It’s at 1w. I'll post up some better pics soon but it’s the real deal and a blessing that she is still here and found her way back. A thing of legend and I know why she has been guarded so closely it is truly an exceptional varietal for its effect and tashey
just got some S1’s of Trinity from Deadpan and feeling lost on how little info on this strain with such a reputation. I’m growing with Jacks and coco as well. Was she a relative easy plant to grow?besides what I’m seeing and a lot of others running into calcium issues?

LostTribe

Premium user
I think your quote got messed up. I didnt say I was running s1's I have the original cutting of Trinity. Its very easy growing compared to everything else I have been running and glad to have it. I do not get any issues with it feeding off same rez as Sour D and OG. Delightful weed that puts you in a great mood. Got one vegging in hydro under HPS.

Art Vandelay

Thanks for the reply. Yeah just looking for whatever info I can find. Want to do these seeds justice. Easy grow sounds good to me thanks again!

LostTribe

Premium user
Thanks for the reply. Yeah just looking for whatever info I can find. Want to do these seeds justice. Easy grow sounds good to me thanks again!
Did you start them up? Please share pics when you can! Interested to see how the s1 compares.

Art Vandelay

Wow post’s definitely got jacked up! I will, still deciding on this, Triangle or ghost x og 18 Diablo from Midnight roots.

LostTribe

Premium user
i got offer about Trinity clone but its worthy to runnig it .,?
I'm a huge fan of the Trinity. Glad to have this back in the headstash after many years. Its got a great taste and nice calming effects without couch. Def some excellent anti anxiety herb. This cut grows very healthy for how old she is yeilds good. Its got a unique piney woody citrus to it. Got one vegging and a small one 2w into bloom I am going to hit with something.

dimodz

Elite StrainCloneHunter
Veteran
420giveaway
I'm a huge fan of the Trinity. Glad to have this back in the headstash after many years. Its got a great taste and nice calming effects without couch. Def some excellent anti anxiety herb. This cut grows very healthy for how old she is yeilds good. Its got a unique piney woody citrus to it. Got one vegging and a small one 2w into bloom I am going to hit with something.

sounds like daily smoke with good yield then .,?