What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

scrog or tree yield test?

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I read the other thread before coming back to post.

The part about not caring that much for weed reminded me of my daughter. She began taking over the garden with her significant other last year. Both college graduates but the job market sucks. The acting major I can understand but she is an engineer in structural geology in an oil state. She neither drinks nor smokes and yet turns out some pretty gourmet marijuana.

I have a friend with a similar wattage garden. Nate grows scrog with 1000w HPS's and 200w blue LED's on light movers. I grow trees using stationary hybrid lighting comprised of every type emitter except incandescent's. I tried incandescent lights too but the 850nm infrared contained caused extreme foxtailing on susceptible plants.

Nate's garden outperforms mine on a yearly average by more than twenty percent. My main buds run from 15 grams through 35 grams with the advertised percentage of THC. His scrog buds rarely reach a quarter ounce.

We are both very happy with our choices. Not a lot of overlap on our customer base when all is well, during short times we have helped cover for each other.

Your thread reflects the same as Nate and I found out. It is all good and it is all different.