What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACE's Golden Tiger

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
a resubmission of a previous post I made in ACE's forum...for the sake of all those who would wish to know but may struggle to locate it...

GOLDEN TIGER:

Well, I'm using it right now and have been choofing this stuff over the last few weeks...I should mention that the stuff I did was a little way off finishing though it was reasonably well done, just I like to perfect things and I have no doubt that this stuff could be way better if done a tad longer, though that's sorta hard to imagine!

WARNING: Golden Tiger is NOT one of your typical African sativas which are gnerally known for having very energetic, clear, "up" highs.

I had plenty of specimens as I did 4 packs together and was able to do some selectiive breeding along the way. Not a lot of obvious phenotype variances, so pretty stable.

The first thing that hits you is the flavour. A really notable mandarine flavour, almost a tad bitter like citrus peel can be at times but a pleasant and moreish taste. The smoke burns a little bit hot but not too severe.

The high is a bit of a creeper. A way down the pinny and you start to feel her coming on. At first, its a very intense rush but after a while this settles to an intense up high which subsequently reverts to a good solid stonning to both head and body and you can easily feel pistil-whipped and disorientated from downing a fatty with a friend. The "up" end of the high is also quite complex with a lot of psychadelic and euphoric substance to it, so it's not a clear buzz but not what I'd call a muddy high either...it's too intensely high to be muddy and too complex to be clear. There's an intense interaction going on between the psychadelic, the sens of euphoria and psychic consciousness while the high is still in its upper register, however...

a burnout effect is quite noticable as you are coming down off it and that can be quite protracted. I feel totally wasted after smoking this stuff for a while and next morning hangovers are quite the norm. One of my biggest problems with smoking this strain is that I find it really hard not to keep falling asleep once I've come down from intensity of the initial high but this could be circumstantial due to a bit of nervous tension and lack of sleep on my part. One of the nearest experiences I've had to a heroin experience in that it takes you rocketing up so intensely high and then brings you down with this heavy gravity effect while the high is still going forward...you could be forgiven for thinking this had heavy indica influences in it.

One of the outstanding things about GT is the minimal amount you need to get off on. I keep trying to limit myself to rolling really skinny pin joints but even these send a couple of seasoned smokers flying before it belts you back down by whanging you about the back of the head.

I'm sure if this stuff were grown out to its fullest, it would want to come with a serious warning on it. Grows a chunky beast with tight sizable nuggets that turn lovely blueish hues with deep orange overlays toward the end. The bud is excessively greasy and holds together well in joints.

After an intense sky rocket ride, you hang out with a very befuddled mind bearing a warm glow to it that sits somewhere between a very high high and a stone, leaving you pretty wasted but baked if you push it. Not the best weed for working on. Not the best social weed unless your tolerances are very high. In public, the red-eyed stupor overriding your face is going to give you away for sure.
Surprisingly, you can actually get a bit done on this stuff if you're quick enough not to get too blazed but so easy to fall into the trap. Pays to be very conservative in dosing and medicating.
Don't ever recall smoking anything harder hitting. She delivers a real solid brute force that is distinctive on a number of levels and isn't just about raw potency. IMHO, a truly remarkable hybrid!

R

raypack

Sounds maybe even a bit too intense hehe.

Got a camera? Some photos of the dry buds would be really nice.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I've always thought authentic Colombian sativa would have come from Africa during the slave trade days. The Colombian I had back in the day was fantastic and I'd love to cultivate its ancestors, which I would think to be African landraces. But this review of GT makes me wonder if it's what I'm looking for. Sounds like terrific stuff but sounds really powerful, almost disorienting. I imagine a lot of strains are like that in high doses though.

mitsu1

Lifetime Member
ICMag Donor
Got these on deck. Sounds like my kinda meds,rip your face off power with good flavor.

GET MO how are those babies doing? Got a thread started?..mitsu1

guy fawkes

Veteran
Well after reading this report several times im ordering a pack tomorrow sod it for the price it seems you cant loose,

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Curious, anyone here run their own copies of these beasts and if so, how did your f2's perform compared to the purchased f1's from ACE??

Thanks,

billy

Mick

Veteran
Loved the smoke report. GT is surely strong, trippy weed and has given me a few wild, otherworldly experiences.
A mate of mine recently took a dose of GT edibles in the morning and spent the day cleaning the house and garage, mowing the lawn, weeding the vegie patch, etc. That night after dinner he had a half dose to chill out and a couple of hours latter was trippin' out, hanging on by his finger nails, when a woman friend of his came around, half drunk and wanting to drink more, and all he wanted was for her to go and leave him in peace. Eventually she mentioned it was her birthday the next day and he saw his opening and replied, “awesome, I'll come around and give you a birthday fuck”. It worked and she left, slamming the door on the way out. Around 12 he went to bed and went straight to asleep, but at 3am he woke up in the middle of a full blown panic attack, all to do with debt. Being a sessioned stoner he kept telling himself it wasn't real, but it didn't help. He needed a drink of water bad but the kitchen is at the other end of the house, and now his legs wouldn't work properly, so he had to crawl on his hand and knees to get there. Eventually went back to sleep but woke up the next morning really stoned and it took 3 strong short blacks to open his eyes properly. Was stoned for much of that day, but the next he spent the whole day getting his finances in order. So the panic attack turned out to be a positive.
GT is his favourite smoke btw, but GT edibles can get you by surprise.

Lebanizer

Loved the smoke report. GT is surely strong, trippy weed and has given me a few wild, otherworldly experiences.
A mate of mine recently took a dose of GT edibles in the morning and spent the day cleaning the house and garage, mowing the lawn, weeding the vegie patch, etc. That night after dinner he had a half dose to chill out and a couple of hours latter was trippin' out, hanging on by his finger nails, when a woman friend of his came around, half drunk and wanting to drink more, and all he wanted was for her to go and leave him in peace. Eventually she mentioned it was her birthday the next day and he saw his opening and replied, “awesome, I'll come around and give you a birthday fuck”. It worked and she left, slamming the door on the way out. Around 12 he went to bed and went straight to asleep, but at 3am he woke up in the middle of a full blown panic attack, all to do with debt. Being a sessioned stoner he kept telling himself it wasn't real, but it didn't help. He needed a drink of water bad but the kitchen is at the other end of the house, and now his legs wouldn't work properly, so he had to crawl on his hand and knees to get there. Eventually went back to sleep but woke up the next morning really stoned and it took 3 strong short blacks to open his eyes properly. Was stoned for much of that day, but the next he spent the whole day getting his finances in order. So the panic attack turned out to be a positive.
GT is his favourite smoke btw, but GT edibles can get you by surprise.
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us which I think is quite enlightening as to the nature of that strain. It definitely sounds like cannabis poison. I happen to have one GT3 female going right now. I understand that GT3 has more of a Thai influence and less of that greasy narcotic quagmire Malawi effect. We'll see.

Last edited: