What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

--1kw-- 9 Cherry Pies in Canna Coco, GH 2 part on drippers....

purp&kush

damn you, shits beautiful!

cherry pie is the most interesting strain to me right now.

moreso than the gsc(strong, but og w/a slight twist).

cant wait until im @ this point, keep up the good work!

btw, found a seed in my last gsc(mabey it will turn out to be something).

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^yea i popped a GSC seed i found in some buds...it came out pretty nice but was definately influenced by whatever pollinated it because it smelled like straight lemon haze...but it had a cookie structure....nicknaming it "cookie haze"...only had one small plant and didnt keep it but should be some interesting smoke...il post pics once its cured up..

purp&kush

^yea i popped a GSC seed i found in some buds...it came out pretty nice but was definately influenced by whatever pollinated it because it smelled like straight lemon haze...but it had a cookie structure....nicknaming it "cookie haze"...only had one small plant and didnt keep it but should be some interesting smoke...il post pics once its cured up..

what do you mean what pollinated it?

gsc is supposedly cp X ogk. why do you mention lemon

haze?

then you say had one plant DIDNT KEEP IT, but you

will post pics of it. how is going to be interesting if you

did not keep it?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea the original GSC is CP backcrossed to OG.......we got a LB of seeded GSC a few years back, picked out hella seeds....i grew like 8 around a year ago, got all similar phenos all fire og kush but with hint of cookies..one pheno was all coookie, but the problem with these seeds were the hermie traits, not stable. (i stilll have these seeds if anyones interested).....

so...the GSC pheno from the bagseed was actually seeded herself by a bubblegumxchemxsour hermie that smells like straight trainwreck or haze....i grew out one of those seeds and voila...the cookie haze. when i say i didnt keep, it means i decided not to reveg because i dont take cuts of random bag seed....honestly i might be done running random bagseed because im tired of having hermies....from now on everything is strictly clone except for a few seed strains my friends have made..the cookie haze is early like 7 weeks and not trimmed totally its not in the "for sale" stash...

cookiehaze001.jpg

cookiehaze002.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
that cherry pie looks similar to the Royal Kush, my other favorite purple kush strain ATM. nice!

H&G has used underhanded sales tactics to push their products. Even lies about where the company comes from. Also, their two part nutrient profile makes no sense for coco. Using a two part in equal volumes is the same as using a 1-part. Might as well save yourself the hassle and use CNS 17 Coco/Soil Grow, Bloom, and Ripe.

Not something you see around, and I cannot figure out why! It is super cheap and very effective. Their calculator is dialed in too. They get my vote for sure. I am used H&G Shooting Powder right now, but I'm only a few days in and haven't made an assessment yet.

i have run H&G and Canna and noticed no difference at all.

H&G is cheaper i think.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
I'll take a pepsi challenge any day snow crash. I converted a few folks to h n g that way. U have a lot of info but some of it I disagree with.
Y4p has seen wassup with his own eyes and palate. U can hate on a company marketing all u want or say the profile doesn't make sence, but I think my results speak for themselves with every smoke report, friends or competition .
It is nice to get all that info, but make it clear it's in your opinion. Ido has named a few converts , and they all already had mad skills, just missing the ingredients.

Snow Crash

Veteran
I'll take a pepsi challenge any day snow crash. I converted a few folks to h n g that way. U have a lot of info but some of it I disagree with.
Y4p has seen wassup with his own eyes and palate. U can hate on a company marketing all u want or say the profile doesn't make sence, but I think my results speak for themselves with every smoke report, friends or competition .
It is nice to get all that info, but make it clear it's in your opinion. Ido has named a few converts , and they all already had mad skills, just missing the ingredients.

1. I'd rather buy American, as an American.

2. Have you had a chance to try CNS 17?

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
1. Glad ur a patriot! Me too! But I drive a Nissan and use h n g lol

2. Not grown, but have sampled the results... Look I am def not saying other brands don't grow great weed cuz they most def do!, I am saying don't knock h ng til it's been used correctly. Hng has hole in the game too, that's where creative supplementing comes in. I see u are well versed in the canna department, so u can make good weed from anything i bet as can I, but I make the best weed with h n g and I bet if we hung and u might actually agree!

Keep helping peeps man that's what it's about! I dig it! Very very cool of u to take all that time and share!
Go USA!!!

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
haha most nissan are made in the USA nowadays anyways.....

i got the full line of CNS17 samples from the grow expo so i do intend to do a side by side in the future....doing a big remodel on the room so that will be down the road..

Snow Crash

Veteran
I ran the numbers on the H&G lineup and they are not as crazy as I had initially thought. I totally agree that a smart grower should be able to use most any system to grow with, and that with all the variation in products, supplements, medias, methods, and phenotypes that it is pretty tough to name an outright king of them all. Every individual must take into account all the factors and make the decision that ultimately seems right for them.

I think I got burned on the H&G when it came to all the talk about the founders of H&G coming over from Canna. I hear a lot of comparisons between H&G and Canna and it really was so that H&G could ride on their coat tails to pick up a following.

Business practices aside, looking at their system I think it is probably some good stuff.

At 10ml per gallon the solution profile is:
N: ~145ppm
P: ~40ppm
K: ~185ppm

And I have to say... Not looking too shabby... Especially because I am always on the hunt to find a way to get my K+ ppm up over 200 for late flowering. I think the addition of a PK supplement, like Hydroplex or KoolBloom Dry, for later flowering to bring the Phosphorus ppm up around 60 while dropping the Nitrogen ppm a touch with maybe 8ml/gallon of the A+B could be a good idea.

Honestly... Now that I am looking at the system. I do believe I am going to have to eat my hat here. If you can get past the questionable business practices and the non-American mfg then I really should have no issue with H&G. The ppm levels are dialed.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
so ive been feeding them relatively light PPM and they are still showing minor leaf burn...il post some pics in a few days. i give them a strong 900-1000ppm dose of the GH 2 part with diamond nector, calmag first watering....its recirculating so after i top off the res again il have around 600 ppm the second watering.....3rd it goes down to like 500.....and ive been keeping the 4th around 500 too....because they are burning a bit so i dont want to hit them again with 1000ppm...

also.....something interesting im seeing is that my nugs that are directly in airflow from the fans are looking more developed and frosty than the nugs in the corner that dont get much air movement.....once again il try to post pics but im swamped at the moment not alot of spare time....

Mia

It doesn't look like this is your first time at the rodeo so i won't bother you with the fundamental water a lot, watch your K, etc. Good choice on the canna coco but you may want to consider botanicare. Canna is the cleanest, with almost a 0 ppm run off when I measured it out the bag. Botanicare had like 120 ppm out the bag. BUT canna=$22/bag and botanicare is like $13/bag so I'm going with botanicare my next run, can always pre rinse with clean water if the ppms are a concern(don't thinks they should be though, 120 is pretty low overall).

I have been running Ken's gdp and Ken's OG cut and I trip out because I've been running them up to 2.7EC in flower and they seem to like it, hungry heffers... I use the full line of Canna nutes and some cal mag for my RO water. I run to waste, I'm not feeling the whole recirculating thing personally, I think it's easier to dial things in D2W but if you can make it work for you more power to you.

Heard a lot about that cherry pie cut for awhile now, it's the current hot sh!t in the bay I guess but haven't got my hands on it, interesting lineage. Good luc kwith your grow!

Oh yeah, I was reading some thread on some web site that some guy was sayiing great white is overhyped. That ectmychorrizae in it are worthless and you want endomych. I think that company came out with a product called orca that's supposed to be liquid endomych might want to check that out. He was reccommending Gh subculture b and humboldnt nutes white widow to cover the microlife thing. I think microlife is good and coco is a good medium for it, I'm going to be adding some to my next cycle.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
interesting post Mia....im actually doing a small side by side with roots xcel and GW with clones and going to try and extend that into a full cycle....i was about to go buy the 16oz bottle soon too, i did see the Orca at the grow expo but they didnt have samples...

im also aware that i should be doing D2W instead of recirculating...i will set that up after next cycle because i gotta get a new res in there, or i could sump the res every watering but havent had time for that lately...i do change out the res every week after letting the ppms drop...

the cherry pie is good weed but at week5 its throwing nanners....and a friend growing same cut is saying the same thing....usually when i grow her in soil she doesnt pop nanners till week 8 and they are unviable no pollen...but we will see if this batch gets seeded...

Mia

Yeah I kind of figured as much about the cherry pie, there's always some supposed latest and greatest out there. I'd still like to check it out though. I just got a pack of ten femmed blue moonshine from Dutch passion and I've read horror stories of their tranny tendencies so it should be exciting.

I think switching to d2w will help you out a lot as far as ease of dialing things in.
Ivevalwaus heard good things about roots XL but never used it. I like rhizotonic a lot. Expensive but good that's what I use 4 my cuttings

Is ur fire og that dhn cut from harborside? How is it?
All the blackberry I've ever had has looked phenonimal, tasted pretty good, and was weak as fuucc potency wise. LOL funny strain that one like the ultimate let down. Anyways happy growing!

Snow Crash

Veteran
so ive been feeding them relatively light PPM and they are still showing minor leaf burn...il post some pics in a few days. i give them a strong 900-1000ppm dose of the GH 2 part with diamond nector, calmag first watering....its recirculating so after i top off the res again il have around 600 ppm the second watering.....3rd it goes down to like 500.....and ive been keeping the 4th around 500 too....because they are burning a bit so i dont want to hit them again with 1000ppm...

Recirculating is a bitch. I have found that the majority of my plants prefer an EC closer to 1.6 or so at the top end. The advice I can give you is that if the issue is leaf tips burning up then drop the EC. If the issue involves more of the leaf margins and yellowing resulting in interveinal chlorisis then what you REALLY need to do is hit them with a good strong K-Mag foliar feed. This will save the remaining chlorophyll and stop the necrosis in the majority of cation issues in coco.

Cation Imbalance is different from Extreme Salinity problems and needs an approach that will cure one issue without causing others. If possible my suggestion to you would be to decrease your temperatures in the grow space to between 72 and 74 degrees while they recover. I would also suggest running 1 gallon of water for every gallon of media to waste, then mixing up a solution at 500ppm using your standard system (at a lower rate). Then I want you to add another 30ppm of Epsom salt to the solution. Run this through the planters to excess and you should resolve the cation issue with magnesium. The water will clean out excess Ca or K (because I'm not sure which is the issue) and the fresh solution will rebuild the cation buffer with an extra healthy dose of magnesium for those mag-hogs.

In coco it is much easier to get these cation issues that look a bit like low-pH Magnesium deficiency then in any other system I have used. As you feed the media more and more calcium this element will continue to build in the cation bank until reaching a critical point. During flowering I find that this cation bank fills up just as the plant starts to need less calcium and more magnesium (due to growth cycles). Understanding how full the cation bank is, and what it is full of, is a kind of intangible thing that a grower learns through experience with the media as they get a feel for it. For myself I find that running low nutrient levels, 500 to 600 through the transitional period, and then pushing an extra 15 to 25ppm of magnesium with every feeding from week 2 onwards, has gone a long way to keeping my plants healthy and stress free and building flowers. The moment that magnesium is in low supply new flower development really takes a tumble.

Then again... If it's just crispy tips then you know what to do. Less food isn't a bad thing.

also.....something interesting im seeing is that my nugs that are directly in airflow from the fans are looking more developed and frosty than the nugs in the corner that dont get much air movement.....once again il try to post pics but im swamped at the moment not alot of spare time....

This is also something I am noticing. It is especially prominent in Scrog style, or multiple top plants. I use to think that too strong a breeze in the grow room might be a bad thing but I see many videos where the oscillating fans are on full blast just whipping around the stems. In the future I'm going to bump up my fans from low to at least medium, maybe full blast, and see if there is an improvement. I'm thinking the extra breeze helps remove exhaled oxygen further away from the plant when the branches are cramped together. Low breeze might just push exhaled oxygen from one side of the plant to another, and in a crowded tent full of scroggy-tops it seems that a little extra power in the wind force really helps them out.

Good to know someone else is seeing this.

purp&kush

the cherry pie is good weed but at week5 its throwing nanners....and a friend growing same cut is saying the same thing....usually when i grow her in soil she doesnt pop nanners till week 8 and they are unviable no pollen...but we will see if this batch gets seeded...

so does the reverse not work?

did you not use on this batch?

&/or have you ever tried the reverse?

why do some self pollinate, while the cut is stable(your words)?

can the trait be breed out, while keeping the cp "the same"?