What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

harvest pics

B

bigbluntbob

i got a few.

i traded that box for an 1/8

i would love to see what everybody else is growing and eating.

bob

Last edited:

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ooo looks good bigblunt!! ...cant wait for tomatoes!! ...ill take some of the veggies ive picked...cool trade bbb :)

B

bigbluntbob

cant wait to see your "other" stash, Mrs.B. yeah, when i traded that box for the 1/8 i felt like a true hippie..

anybody else? i would love to see cooler climate veggies like brussel sprouts, sweet peas, cabbage etc. you cant really grow that stuff here.

B

bigbluntbob

i spilled coffee in the keyboard this morning and am using the on-screen keyboard/torture device right now. i will responds as soon as i pick up a new one

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
that's cool that you could trade like that. I know of a guy that runs a shrimp house....going to try & trade out with him after harvest.

Those are beautiful tomatoes bigbluntbob!! Can't wait for mine either Mrs.B. My tomotoes are moving along slowly outside. Nothing but little green friut so far. We have them on a wheeled cart right now and are moving them around our new yard trying to keep them in the sunny spots throughout the day. I am guessing we will need to trim or cut a few trees on the property so the garden gets better sun next year. :joint:

B

bigbluntbob

the first pic (the platter) going clockwise is: white tomosol, black krim, mortgage lifter, yellow mortgage lifter, cherokee purple.

second pick (box): arkansas traveler tomatoes, family heirloom okra, purple hull-pink eye peas or "cowpeas" if you are from the north, contender snap beans.

third pic : "cream sausage" tomatoes.

fourth pic (cherry tomato mix): risentraube (red), sun sugar (orange), lolipop (yellow)

i only use chicken waste (litter, broken eggs, feathers, the occasional dead bird) composted with rice hulls on my gardens. i also use a tea made from the chicken compost as a hydro solution.