What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

fort's urban deck container garden

fortragni

Hey all! This subforum idea is great! I live in a pretty large city but am fortunate enough to live in a secluded little cut, a little privacy right here in the city. even better, we have a deck!

I have a planter box of nasturtium. These plants will ward off cucurbit (cucumber,squash) pests. and it also attracts black fly aphids, which eat brassicas (cabbage), the nasturtium being used as a trap crop in this way. very pretty great growing plant.

One large pot with marigolds, convolvulus and a sunflower.

Some smaller pots each with red/green mesclun, cucumbers and convolvulus. I hope to grow the cucumbers up the sunflowers.

More pics soon! Most of the sunflowers are in bloom. these are from a week or so ago. enjoy

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very pretty fort!!.. I love that sunflower, the color is very unique, I havent seen one like that, all the flowers are nice, thanks for sharing :)

cloneX

nice wee plot you have there, you've given me some inspiration to try and grow some flowers and veg in my wee plot

B

bigbluntbob

very, very nice. i bet sitting on the deck is much more enjoyable than it was with no plants. i like that sunflower, too. i didnt grow any this year - your pic makes me regret that. nice work

Latest posts

Latest posts