What's new

Help diagnosing sick plants in there new home

Lickitysplit

I moved 50-g13 plants from a garden to a temporary garden and then to a third location. They were perfectly healthy through the first two moves and then after the second day at the final resting place in the third location suddenly started looking very sad. The current gardens humdity runs about 35-40, the previous two gardens it was around 55-60. They also got a couple of hours of or 91 degrees when first moved in. The veg light schedule was switched from off at 5 am on at 10 pm to off at 5pm on at 10 pm. I first thought it was the change in humidity then possible that I over watered them or possibly a combo of a single over watering with the lower humidity and schedule change. Any input? They don't seem to be coming back. I have been letting them fully dry out before continued small waterings. Bascially growth has stopped newest growth has yellowed, looks like it shrank and is pointing down as well as the rest of the plant pointing down. Help would be greatly apreciado

F

Frylock

You probably need to share pictures and more info for any decent opinions....

T

Teddybrae

Sounds like 91 degrees and a lack of planning might have done it!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
91 degrees isn't that hot. as long as the gals had plenty of water they should thrive at that temp.

More than likely, it's the change in humidity that caused the drooping. They should bounce back from that after a couple days as well. They just need to get used totheir new environment.

What is the deal with that light schedule?
It appears that you are smashing two days into one 24 hour period using two 5 hour breaks. Maybe the light schedule is a mistype?

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Good question, 7hrs of light for veg? Or did you mean 7hrs of dark for veg?

Either way, it was a lot of changes in a short period depending on how long they were at the other locations. They also could have picked up pests or other issues along the way. What magnification is needed to spot russet mites? I forget.

Lickitysplit

AekZmmOK5zLYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Lickitysplit

To be clear my light schedule went from 19 on 5 off between 5 and 10 am to 19 on 5 off from 5 pm to 10 pm. I wouldnt think a couple hours at 91 degrees would do all that much damage, they were on the dry side though. Some have bounced back but a lot have not. Any more input is appreciated. I am fairly certain there previous home did not have any bugs. Cheers

Oliver Pantsoff

Veteran
Just give em some water, TLC, and keep your temps in check...Always make sure you're plants are hydrated. Look at them like humans, and you'll never go wrong. Hope this helps.

OP

Lickitysplit

Thanks Oliver. great name BTW, I thought after the initial high temps that I actually over watered and have been letting them get fairly dry between waterings and watering slightly less than i was previously. The root system is somewhat well established in the bags but actually less than I thought it would be when I checked today.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
View ImageView Image View Image View Image

I moved 50-g13 plants from a garden to a temporary garden and then to a third location.
Motion sickness? Just kidding, however plants usually don't like being moved from one location to another. Different light, humidity, temperatures, airflow, etc.

However, what are the bags standing on? If that is concrete or stone, they need a spacer between the bottom of the containers and the floor. An inch is enough, however if they're touching the floor, it will conduct any cold very efficiently and start locking out nutrients.