What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Should I add calmag after adjusting ph

I have a plant in about 15 gals of soil that had a ph somewhere in the low 8 range so I put a good amount of tap water through and and I put a gal of vinegar water through and I’m checking the ph today it is 5.9

I wanted to check the ph before I used the vinegar but I couldn’t

Should I add calmag or should I add ph up

Nvm I checked ph just now and it was around 7 and I don’t really smell the vinegar anymore. Guess I just needed to wait a while

I will let her dry out another day or two then water as normal and continue to monitor ph

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The only time I would add cal/mag is if I knew I had a deficiency of both Magnesium and Calcium which matches the exact proportions cal/mag supplies. Since this only happens once every 3rd dragon birth in the world, I strongly recommend using a quality epsom salt and a quality calcium supplement.

Feed your plants what they need. :D

(Mix your nutrients, then pH)

green-genes77

Veteran
I would skip the CalMag as well. CalMag is based on Calcium Nitrate and adds an unnecessary source of N. Lay hands on an available source of Ca++ that isn't associated with N like a quality liquid bone meal (like Herculean Harvest). If you're sure you are looking at Mg deficiency invest in a quality Magnesium Sulfate as suggested above but be very careful with it if you're well into flower-excess Mg is one of the easiest ways to ruin the quality of the product. Again, Douglas.Curtis has it right: add nutrients, then pH.

Thanks guys. Instead of calmag I actually meant to ask should I add GARDEN LIME or ph up

The plant died anyway. I’m sad cuz it was so big but it’s all good shit happens. I have a few more plants that are hi the problem was I added lime twice to some of the soil. I originally kept about 50 gals worth of soil that imo was still some good soil it came from plants that were males, and finished harvests. I spilled lime in there on accident one day and months later when I went to use the soil I added more lime because I completely forgot about when I spilled some in months earlier

The plants look absolute beautiful so I would like to act swiftly, safely, and immediately to remedy all future problems which will occur in the soil

I have decided to do the vinegar once again and will do so later today once I feel like taking all the plants out the scrog

Check your ph after you mix your nutrients good policy.

Right. I know this. I ran out of powder for the slurry tests. I am using a cheap probe from Lowe’s and tbh I don’t trust it so I actually will be going back to buy some more ph powder

When I did tested the ph of he plant that I made the thread about I had one ph powder capsule left to do a test with

I just don’t believe that the plants would grow at the rate they’ve been growing if the ph is really 8 like the probe is suggesting. And the probe moves, it gives distinct readings for each pot. Some pots that I know I did right have a ph’s pretty much 7.1-6.8. And then these pots are reading 8

Lol I know you’re sick of me and my noob shit but I assure you I have way more healthy plants than unhealthy

I know my threads suggest other wise but I tend to post more of the unsuccessful stories I have been making a mental note of posting more success and hopefully the next time I post it will be a normal grow log and not a question in this section

I’ll bbl guys the good news is that I know this meter is not working properly because I just checked other pots and will figure it out thanks

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
tap water

tap water

Sorry to hear you lost your plant.
Using tap water will always raise the pH in your grow because of the alkalinity in the water. When ever and where ever City Water Systems send their water to the population, they adjust the pH to an alkaline state! Why? Heavy metals will leach out of the city & residential pipes when the pH is even slightly acidic! It can take a long time, but metals will end up in the drinking water and can cause poisoning (brain defects). Its against the law to send low pH water out in populations!

Almost always the the ppm range of Cal in tap water is High because it percolates the ground. So its really not necessary to add cal-mag with tap! If using tap water, you will need to add acid after the nutrient intake.

If using Organic Super Soil I would suggest using RO, Distilled or Rain water alone.

Latest posts

Latest posts