What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[Harvest soon] What would you do?

micek

Hei there,

I think I started flushing too early, worried that the burnt tips and P deficiency (on the tallest plant especially) were due to over fertilizing. But really I am not that expereinced, at all.

Harvest is due 10 days from now, only very few red trichomes. Been giving plain water for 5-6 days now. Plants look like this. Most of it happened in the last few days, on the upper part of the plants especially.

Would you cut?

Setting: Indoor, LED, Biobizz Allmix prefertilized soil, Biobizz organic nutrients and bloom stimulant. Running maybe a little cold at night (18c). No, I havent checked the PH...

Big thanks to those who might want to help!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Keep watering till the end, it's the only thing you can do at this point. :) Use a loupe, at least 30x magnification.

Peel open a flower, so you can see trichomes which are not directly exposed to light. Count 20 trichomes. One amber in 20 is 5% amber, 2 is 10% and 3 is 15%. I've found above 5% to be the minimum for full effect time.

Less than 5% and the effects only last for 45 minutes to an hour. Yes, it's speedier and more upbeat, but you've lost yield and now have to smoke more often. Not my cup of tea.

Over 15% and most strains have more of a flat, muddled effect and are much too sleepy for me. I love life and am doing my best to stay awake while I enjoy my cannabis. :) Many people attribute this narcotic sleepiness to 'potency,' and also seem to like falling asleep. To each their own. :)

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Let 'em ride til they are done, no sweat. I always have mine looking ugly as all fuck before I chop.

wutwut

Veteran
Keep watering till the end, it's the only thing you can do at this point. :) Use a loupe, at least 30x magnification.

Peel open a flower, so you can see trichomes which are not directly exposed to light. Count 20 trichomes. One amber in 20 is 5% amber, 2 is 10% and 3 is 15%. I've found above 5% to be the minimum for full effect time.

Less than 5% and the effects only last for 45 minutes to an hour. Yes, it's speedier and more upbeat, but you've lost yield and now have to smoke more often. Not my cup of tea.

Over 15% and most strains have more of a flat, muddled effect and are much too sleepy for me. I love life and am doing my best to stay awake while I enjoy my cannabis. :) Many people attribute this narcotic sleepiness to 'potency,' and also seem to like falling asleep. To each their own. :)

thanks i try this nexttime

micek

Well, thanks.
My anxiety is now quite under control. :)

I'll wait a few more days; just don't like the idea of the yellowing getting to my buds!

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
You never even said what genetics you are growing? looks indica.

what day of flowering it is or what size pots you have them in, which look very small.. amazes me how little detail people give in the infirmary..

Always check trichomes, once they're approaching mostly all milky then you can more safely start lowering salts in the medium and know you're in the right. Mostly all clear is too early and more than 10% amber probably a bit late, imo.

The genetics make a massive difference though FYI.

micek

You never even said what genetics you are growing? looks indica.

You couldn't be more right, i thought i did.
Anyways, its mixed Dinafem Autos (White Widow, Og kush, Moby Dick).

The tall plant (WW) had the smallest pot (9 lt) and is the one that suffered prom a P deficiency in early flowering. Stem was sooo purple, and veins too.

Trichome wise, i started flushing at, say, 90% cloudy.