What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When do you adjust your PPM?

BigFoote

So I run and 4x4 ebb and flow table with a 40 gallon reservoir. I raise nutrient concentrations every week in flowering by 100 PPM. Some times after raising my PPM level, for the next 3-4 days ill see a 10 ppm daily raise (ie day1 300 ppm, day2 310 ppm, day3 320ppm). I take this as the need to lower my PPM, so ill drop it back down about 50 PPM usually.

It got me to thinking, 10 PPM isn't much and the plants don't show any signs of burn. How big of a change to your PPM levels before in your experience it is necessary to make a change? How much do you lower your PPM levels?

All ppm is hana .5 conversion

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
With a six plant perpetual the nutrient EC differs depending on how long the plant has been budding. The four reservoirs range from .4 to 1.4. The final few days flush is done straight out of the water jugs.
The EC is checked each watering but in general it will last three days before the EC changes more than .3 and needs adjustment.

Many years were spent using a single strength solution throughout the grow cycle. Not a lot of difference but enough to make the bother worth it.