What's new

Can I keep my pH meter inside the reservoir?

ChenBenTz

I just bought a Milwaukee MW101 pH meter. I would like to leave it inside the reservoir so I can see the pH fluctuation in real time.

However, the manual says that you should keep it immersed in its storage solution and to definitely not keep it in distilled water for too long.

Since I am using reverse osmosis, will my pH meter be ruined if I leave it in the reservoir?

Thanks!

Andyo

Veteran
ph dosing units do

ph dosing units do

Im not sure,i know automatc ph dosing units have a ph probe in the nutrient solution.A

Just_Grow

I have the blue lab quardian monitor. I dont know if its kinda the same as yours.. But i am able to keep my ph probe in my reservoir all the time.. I only take it out when i clean my reservoir. And they call for it being in a solution all the time also. I havnt seen a problem.. I use straight tap water. The only thing i do is just calibrate it more.. I would say it shouldnt be a problem but all manufactures are different..

Functionality wise, it should be fine if you clean the probe regularly....you would have to stock up on batteries cause they are made to basically get ur readings and shut it off...leaving it on will for sure keep u busy changing batteries....I think those are rated for 300 hrs which is a little less than 13 days with a 9v battery...it would take about 7 or 8 batteries to get u through a full garden (veg thru flower)..figure (1) 9v every 2 weeks times 14-16 total grow and flower time....just dont mount the unit where it can fall into the rez...not sure how long the probe wire is...you could easily make that longer...sure would be convenient to have it mounted!!!...Shit, call them up..probably not the first to ask them...YT

ChenBenTz

Functionality wise, it should be fine if you clean the probe regularly....you would have to stock up on batteries cause they are made to basically get ur readings and shut it off...leaving it on will for sure keep u busy changing batteries....I think those are rated for 300 hrs which is a little less than 13 days with a 9v battery...it would take about 7 or 8 batteries to get u through a full garden (veg thru flower)..figure (1) 9v every 2 weeks times 14-16 total grow and flower time....just dont mount the unit where it can fall into the rez...not sure how long the probe wire is...you could easily make that longer...sure would be convenient to have it mounted!!!...Shit, call them up..probably not the first to ask them...YT

That's a good point about the batteries.

Essentially, I just need to know the pH whenever I'm in the room. It's simply more convenient to leave it on 24/7 because then the reading would be more accurate.

But I suppose I could just turn it on for a few hours a day so I only have to use 1-2 batteries per grow.

Drop That Sound

You could wire a small 9 volt power adapter to the battery leads, just make sure to get one with the right amperage, no more batteries..

jammie

ganjatologist
Veteran
Hey Chen- call customer service if you want the correct answer rather than a bunch of stoners guesses

dustoff

ph meters are delicate and need proper care and storage. Ever heard the expression RTFM? You really need to read the manual. Don't have it? Google