Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2019, 02:40 AM #3581
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by treepwnzor View Post
So beautiful, Tangwena!

Lets keep cobs raining in this thread:
- My latest 2 cobs out of zamaldelica that flowered little over 100 days.
I'm pleased with the results so far. Definitely will keep the bigger one for special occasions - like a wedding !

View Image

View Image
I wanna drill a hole through that and smoke it like a blunt. Need more rep, never enough.
You may not vote on any more threads today. Don't sweat the technique. And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:28 AM #3582
Fermented

Fermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the rough
Instead of vacuuming the cobs after the 24 hours @ 40C (and half a day to air out and become drier though still pliable), I just wrap them very tightly in cling (PE or "Saran" or film whatever you call it..every country has a different name for it!) wrap and monitor them to make sure moisture levels and smells are within the right range. I really must get myself a vacuum sealer, as this would be way easier, better and safer. But since I've done this for awhile, I now can keep the cobs sealed and moist enough for long enough to ensure fermentation occurs while not getting mold which is a challenge when cobbing without a vac seal. If mold occurs, it's usually a very faint while or white/greyish "powder" in patches on the exterior of the cob. This can be wiped off with a cloth that is dry/damp with vinegar...but even if the mold is wiped off with vinegar or water, it seems the taste changes and the effects are diminished....that is why it's important to monitor un-vacced cobs every few days for the first few weeks, then weekly afterwards for a month or so..it's all about prevention.

Yeah, I know I should buy a vac (it's on the list!) but cobs have been made in Africa for ages without the use of vacuum sealers, so it's not impossible to do it this way, you just have to straddle a finer line between too dry (which little or no fermentation occurs) and too damp (which increases the chance of mold occurring)
Fermented is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:30 AM #3583
Fermented

Fermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the rough
I wanna drill a hole through that and smoke it like a blunt. Need more rep, never enough.

It would burn for an hour or more! and you would get thirty people high...let me know, I'll bring the lighter
Fermented is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:26 AM #3584
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
Instead of vacuuming the cobs after the 24 hours @ 40C (and half a day to air out and become drier though still pliable), I just wrap them very tightly in cling (PE or "Saran" or film whatever you call it..every country has a different name for it!) wrap and monitor them to make sure moisture levels and smells are within the right range. I really must get myself a vacuum sealer, as this would be way easier, better and safer. But since I've done this for awhile, I now can keep the cobs sealed and moist enough for long enough to ensure fermentation occurs while not getting mold which is a challenge when cobbing without a vac seal. If mold occurs, it's usually a very faint while or white/greyish "powder" in patches on the exterior of the cob. This can be wiped off with a cloth that is dry/damp with vinegar...but even if the mold is wiped off with vinegar or water, it seems the taste changes and the effects are diminished....that is why it's important to monitor un-vacced cobs every few days for the first few weeks, then weekly afterwards for a month or so..it's all about prevention.

Yeah, I know I should buy a vac (it's on the list!) but cobs have been made in Africa for ages without the use of vacuum sealers, so it's not impossible to do it this way, you just have to straddle a finer line between too dry (which little or no fermentation occurs) and too damp (which increases the chance of mold occurring)
Very true and insightful for sure it can be done and done very well without a vac sealer.
I would love to be able to pull it off with only natural basic things like they do in Malawi.
That would be the pinnacle of the art I wish I had asked more questions. The problem was I was always buying from the distributors not the producers in Africa and your average dealer doesn't even know where it was grown for sure.
If you manage to do it please show us that would be golden information.

If I had plenty of plants to play with I am sure it wouldn't take long to figure it out.
Thanks for posting your thoughts my friend some of the best thought provoking comment for a while.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:32 AM #3585
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman52 View Post
im not noted for trimming well either , ive been wanting to try this cob curing for a while , it took me a minet to re fined this thread ,i remember that Tangwena had this thread , so now i found it again im gona try an roll a few smaller cobs .
Hi my friend post pics and we shall try and get it right first time for you.
Once you get the feel its dead easy but getting the feel can take time without a few pointers.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:42 AM #3586
CannaRed

CannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post

It would burn for an hour or more! and you would get thirty people high...let me know, I'll bring the lighter
I started a Northern Lights cob today.
This is my third attempt at cobbing.
Plant hung for around 40 hours, but this time I'm not wrapping tight.
Just put it straight in the vac bag, but I did put a bamboo skewer in the middle of the cob... Maybe I can make a cannacobagar like you guys are talking about.

Put vacsealed bag into crockpot at 110°F.

I'll check the color at 24 hrs.
CannaRed is online now Quote

Old 02-19-2019, 02:53 AM #3587
CannaRed

CannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to beholdCannaRed is a splendid one to behold
CannaRed is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.