What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's organic modular ScrOG cabinet - 236W LED

Ya Dingus

Hi VerdantGreen! I found your journals just the other day and really found your grows inspirational. The first journal of yours i found was the 250w organic mod-scrog, because I too am modular-scrogging under 250w. You're truly the 250w master and the only people who'd have anything on you would be 250w vert masters. Anywho, introductions aside, I have a couple of questions for you; so that hopefully I can get results akin to yours.

Are you still using the same cabinet that you used in your 250w journal (60x100x130 was it?)

What dimensions about was the workable light area for growing those dense thick buds? I know you used that diamond shaped reflector, but I'm working with a cool tube and so my light footprint is diminished a bit. With my cool tube I found really just 8" from the bulb is the best area, maybe it's more as bare bulb or with a reflector like you have?

lastly, my space is 45x85x65 (~ 1.5'W x3'L x2'H), how do you think I can best use this space?

I thought maybe I could cram a second 250w light in there but it made my temps in the upper 90s! (now I run them on an: On-off-on-off, and off-on-off-on cycle, 3hrs each on and off, sort of like a light mover?) I've been thinking about maybe going vert, but perhaps I can keep it horizontal and still do as well as you do. I hope to keep both my lights in use, so I don't feel like it was a waste to buy the second one.

I also am trying to figure out how to make nice adjustable modular scrog screens, in-particularly, ones which I don't have to hang from the ceiling.

Attached is a couple week old photo of my cabinet. Cheers!:thank you:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi YD, thanks for the kind words.
this is the same cab - 60 x 70 x 90 high.
one 250 is plenty for your cab, you want around 60 watts per square foot for max efficiency and decent buds. im not sure vert would be right for that space but then i think you can get as much yield in horizontal as you can in vert - if you do it right!

your pic looks good. my tips would be - use bigger containers and try to find square ones that arent too deep and are rigid so you can attach the screen to them. use a bit less distance from pot to screen so as you can have the light a bit higher. i would go for one and have it the other way round so the length of the bulb is at right angles to the widest dimension of the cab.
you need to have the lamp about 6" above the canopy so as the full canopy gets lit up not just the middle.
of if possible use a bit taller cab.

GL VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all, just to round off the last grow i got about 2 oz off each bubba, and similar from the PK.
the 4 fat bubba were harvested and looked a bit of a mess as the mites had multiplied when i was away for a few days. i took a couple of nug shots after i had trimmed the worst leaves off. im pretty pleased with them, they smelt good and got decent sized buds for the pot size they were in. i reckon they would be a bit higher yielding than the straight bubba, and at least a couple of the plants were very close to bubba in smell.
looking forward to smoking some! also popping more seeds in the continuing search for a male, and to make F2s
fat bubba
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and for my next trick we have quite a few seeds popping, a scrog-less run is rare for me! quite excited!
we have 16 Fat Bubba
and a new Fem cross being tested - Purple Kush x Bubba Kush - 4 of them
as well as 6 x C4DD - which is rez's C4D crossed back to the the Chem D cut. big thanks to the herbalizor for keeping the very Chem D leaning male from his grow a while back
picture.php

VG

p.s. big up to g0vnaa for the new logo he did me. im sending in a few packs of seeds next week including another batch of bubba S1s. keep an eye out in my forum for announcements
picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey carlos - the chap smoking is Mr Verdant Green! he is a real literary character - google him :) he shall remain as my avatar.

but as seeds are legal in the UK but growing/smoking not - a smoking guy as my logo for seed packets is not so wise - luckily g0vnaa came up with a modified fleur de lys as a logo and im really pleased with it.

so both should be around for a while

VG

Hey verdant,

Love your grows! Your original 250w hps mod scrog was what i based my entire setup on! And im glad i did as im getting great results, the only thing i decided to change in the end was from organic soil to coco hempy. I got great results for my first few runs then decided to upgrade to a 250w / 400w switchable ballast, and acheived 1.05 g/pw on my 4th run! Also like you im now trying to keep my numbers below ten, so ive switched from 4 individual screens, to currently 3 plants under one large screen... hopefully i can stil achieve the same yield. Take a look at my sig if your interested, would love your feedback!Any ways, Keep up the inspirational work!

and Keep it fruity!

DrFever

Veteran
medmaker, thanks for stopping by!

Gm89
this is the third or fourth thread i have started using this cabinet, ive had a few different lights in it. the first thread is started was the 'quarters - 250 hps' so you will see more discussion about the cab in there.
here is the base of the cab, the intake is under the floor and the holes allow nice even ventilation, particularly the one right in the middle. with vert dense canopies its important to have good ventilation and circulation
View Image
and here is the drip tray i modified to retain the middle vent.
View Image

heres an old shot with the 4 pots/modular screens - which is the way i usually run the cab. notice how the fron two pots are raised higher - because the plants are much taller above the screen in the back . this is the beauty of modular scrog - you can run different strains and still kep the canopy even
View Image
(another old shot)
View Image

VG

Hey bro long time no chat got a question how many watts of led was this grow and what was your final yield :tiphat:

neongreen

Veteran
Hey Verdant,

It's been too long since we exchanged words bro! Saw your thread and had to see what you've been up to :) Love those bubbas especially.

Hope you are well,
ng

hi Mr green

hi Mr green

hi there Verdant,
im just finalising my setup, im at the point of soaking my seeds for 24 hours then onto 24/48 hours in a wrm dark place for rooting, any hints or tips for my 300 w LED set up?
subbed and reading with intrest.