What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"VEGETABLE GARDENING" (for fun and nutrition)

G

This was last year's organic lettuce,
9059Lettuce_Jul16.JPG
i love this picture heh. Also grew 3 cucumber vines, 6 tomatoe plants, 4 other lettuce plants, 2 basil plants, 2 watermelon plants, 3 pepper plants, and two dipper gourd plants..all in a 9ft by 4 foot rectangle! lol i was surprised how everything grew so much. was an awesome first organic gardening experience and went surprisingly smooth.

for my second year I have some tiny sprouts of 6 scallion plants, 5 lettuce plants, 1-2 watermelon plants, and 3 basil plants

not sure if ill be doing any tomatoes, i'd like to but they are such an iffy plant..between calcium/bottom end rot, potassium needs, and watering sensitivity.....such an iffy plant..but i may consider it since i'll know a little more about them this year, and last years tomatoe plants were really productive. just gotta watch out for THESE little buggers that come outtta nowhere (tomatoe hornworns):

9059caterpillar_macro.jpg

G

cmon people i wanna see some VEGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

kov

Polskaaa, bialo-czerwonaaa
WTF is on this beautiful last picture?

Hey Shibby, no I can't post veggies, but maybe later on in the season I'll post a couple pics of flowers I grow.:D

rgds, kov

G

I'm growing some organic tomatoes in a greenhouse this year. I am using Cedrico F1 Greenhouse hybrid organic seeds. They were almost as fun to pick out as cannabis seeds.

G

kov said:
WTF is on this beautiful last picture?

Hey Shibby, no I can't post veggies, but maybe later on in the season I'll post a couple pics of flowers I grow.:D

rgds, kov
they're eggs from parasitic wasps that are laid on the caterpillar and then suck the life out of it and then hatch. usually people can buy parasitic wasps to let free or something but these ocurred naturally, which is cool.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Vegetable gardening is a must. My sister has a nice garden I tend to dig around in when I get a chance. I can't have an outdoor garden because of where I live. One day I will. This year so far we got tomatoes, bell peppers, green beans, squash, corn, broccoli, blueberries, raspberries, and peas. She also has a seperate herb garden with lots of good herbs. I might try to hide a clone in there if it grows out good. It runs in my families blood so of course I'm going to be having a garden with organic goodies. Not to mention some cannabis too.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everything is growing :D

blackpepper mint - really nice with sugar in tea, refreshing to drink when stoned

organic pest control... this ladybird will lay her aphid feeding larvae soon

the biggest 'alpine' strawberry plant I have ever seen and grown,,, x1 plant
This beast has been fed Dr Hornby Iguana Juice Bloom, she sits ready to flower late April, her petals already forming :yes:

the sage, dill, black pepper mint (and last years garlic) is now being harvested for cooking/tea :wink:

the chillies, coriander, all sit at seedling stage :dance:
just sown advanced chillies/peppers and baby spinach
new blackcurrents and blackberry runners/bushes transplanted :wave:
the ganja sits to one side at this time of year,,, there is food to be grown!

Remember nature is green and free... :chin:

peace dleaf

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot, compost, compost, compost!!!

Last edited:
G

Thai basil
Lemon basil
Opal basil
Napoletano Basil
Some other basil ;)
Oregano
Mint
Thyme
Dill
Sunflower
Lemon Balm
Parsley - Moss Curled 2, Bravour, French
Egyptian red beet
Chili
Garlic
Lime
Lemon

more to be planted ;)

And let me tell you - EVERYTHING FROM STORES SUCK BIG TIME! THERE'S NOTHING OUT THERE AS GOOD AS YOUR OWN. I grow organic (biobizz, wc from my own bíns, blahblah). All you need is some shelves, a few fluoros over them and some love.

Peace

well youve inspired me to start a garden. i jsut spent over 120$ on 4 diferent tomatoes, 6 peppers, 3 lettuce, mint, oregano, 2 species of basil, dill, serveral other herbs. strawberries, cucumbers, watermelons, 2 eggplants, brussel sprouts and broccili. i havnt been able to find celerey or carrots anywhere though. i heard i can cut the tops off of carrots and plant them is this true?

anyway i started digging today, 6 hours of work and only about 5x4 feet of ungrassed earth to shwo for it... (grass roots in mostly clay soil SUCKS!!)
when this garden is all done ill be sure to post some pics.

do you know where ic an get sage?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
always2theLeft said:
do you know where ic an get sage?

hi always :wave:

Good to see you growing food :yes: it's natures way :D

You can get sage in seed from most garden centers/nursuries.
With Sage, Im finding it's best to thin out, to make a few larger plants.

This is Sage and Dill, happy with one another :friends:

Both sage and dill can be grown SOG style or thinned to make big plants, as with basil (missing this year) and coriander... it depends how you want to crop/use

peace dL

*sage for stuffing onions, dill for stuffing fishes... lol

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tip:

old indoor soil makes good for new outdoor soil :D
turn this into the clay soil to free up the ground, add guano, potaties love it :yes:

Last edited:
yup, thats why im planting all these herbs, i live about 1/8th pile from a stream LOADED with rainbow trout. and the occasion fat brown trout, caught a 23 inch one last year.

thanks for the tip about old soil, never even realized that.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmm trout,,,,
for fish also try fennel, the early fronds can be used like dill :D

G

man i cant believe i didn't think of just putting my old dirt in the ground. instead, i put it in a compost. is this ok? or is it stupid to put dirt in a compost? hmm, i'm thinkin it was dumb to do...

lucky for me i was lazy and kept dumping my old soil in a 50 gallon drum in my basement.
whew this is gona be hard geting that shit up 2 flights of stairs

do you think the major root systems would be a proplem? they are prety dried out

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just chop the roots in, always :wave:
you can sift it first, just remove the main stems (these may carry diseases)

ALL my outdoor is in old indoor soil... I tend to work a patch, adding guano and horse shit (without straw) throughout the year,,, the following year the soil is rich, easy to work, and ready to use for potting on outdoor plants like mint, and berries. :D

I NEVER mix 'outdoor' soil with 'indoor' cause this increases the chance of pests, but 'indoor' to 'outdoor' is most ecological :yes:

peace dLeaf

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
tip 2: Many erbs n veg can be started on the window, then transplanted/moved outside when the weather allows :D

dill and the alpine 'monster' strawberry in flower :joint:

peace dL

"We're not remembering who we are! And not to mention, forgetting who got us,,, The world is yours, watch what you do with it!" Kelis

Last edited:
G

last yr i put a bunch of bone/blood/kelp meal in my spent garden so it could decompose over the winter. im hoping it'll turn out well.

it'd be cool to grow beneficial crops during the fall/winter that fall over and redistribute the nutes on the top of the soil after they decompose. anyone know anything about this? it's a non-tilling method which preserves fungus networks rrather than rip them arpart by tilling

RuralRoute420

what's high in nitrogen for young tomato seedlings/plants? they are looking yellow.....but they are in MG veggie soil starter cubes

Latest posts

Latest posts