What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

##$$Urkels SuperThread 2010$$##

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Ok so my pen got here just in time for me to mix up my first batch of nutes for my tent and I calibrated it with GH 1500ppm solution checked my tap water which is sitting at 141ppm which isn't too bad. So with my veg mix I'm using of 7ml A&B 1.1ml Roots Excelurator and 2.5ml of MultiZen comes out to 764ppm which is where I wanted to be for veg anyway 700-750ppm so I'm happy. Water temps were 73 it's cool to have a nicer pen I must say lol and this one feels nice and solid,well built and I'm kicking myself in the ass for not seeing this one last time cuz I paid $24 for the TDS EZ from HM Digital cuz it came with a pack of 1342 calibration solution but if only I had flipped through a few more pages I would've found the AP-1 and AP-2 (EC instead of ppm) but yea I suggest getting one if you don't have one already as they are needed to get the most out of your grow..

G

grow nerd

I see you still haven't gotten the concept of sentences and punctuations.

Humboldtkush

I still don't know yet as I never vegged out shit properly in either of them until this round so I'm not sure. I can say my Strawberry D's in the Smart Pots are really taking off now and I have bright white roots poking out the sides all over the place. I also opened up one of the Air Pots that the Sugar Cane Kush's are in.......

FYI i was using smart pots have had drainage problems but the air pots... no way there so legit hands down. I am bout to transplant out of the bag and into AP.

Im loving this idea also dude, i think your onto a real winning formula with Airpots & E&F, Simple & i think will be extreamely efficient. I cant wait to see your results here, what inspired you to run this system, is someone else running a similar system & inspired yourself or is it yourown brainchild bro! Very Nice Idea! also how do you find the the moisture formula?
Peace....Scrog! ;) :tiphat:

Yeah, I thought this was pretty funny.

Tell us thund? What did inspire you to run this system? How did you find the Moisture Formula? Someone running a similar system or was this your own brainchild?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Oh you know the Flora Nova Ready Gro and Air Pots I copied you lol but the Smart Pots on E&F came from Minitrkn420 and my inspiration to use H&G nutrients came from his grows and the advice of Mjactivist

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
LOL. You got three thousand posts. You got I don't know how many threads. I've seen countless vegging pics. When it comes to the final day of chopping, no pics. Nothing.

You know I just went through my other thread and you asked me to show pics of the Thunder Goo and I did it also showed the dried buds from the grow. I'm a broke ass ghetto motherfucker you all are lucky you get any pics at all right now cuz I can't afford batteries! I'm so sorry this bothers you so I will make sure to take pics of the few buds I have left just for you tomorrow...

Also when I take pics you are right I like to take a lot of veg shots and early flower then as many in late flower as possible and don't care that much about dry shots cuz they don't tell me anything about my grow really. Sure they look cool but I know how it tasted ect I like to go back through my grows and see what went wrong and learn from my mistakes and improve my skills.

InPotiTrust

Thundurkel Nice to see you've come along way bro been following this thread and just wanted to give u shout...U don't need to prove anything to anybody bro just do your thing and keep yourself safe....I made my first outdoor thread on here so if u want to check that out......

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Dried Buds I grew lately

Dried Buds I grew lately

So here's some pics I took of the DJ Short Pre97 Blueberry and then some CFL Grown Magic Merlin I just got done drying and it's tasty!!!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So yea it turned blue for me just like I wanted and smelled dead on blueberries!!! Unfortunately I smoked my last lil nug yesterday cuz my buddy is a lazy flake and I couldn't wait no more since I'm low on bud... Sorry bro but good news is I've revegged it and the revegged plant looks like it's going to give a much better mom so I'll have cuts and I mean a lot of cuts by summer...

Now here goes the Magic Merlin harvested at 61days
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Even though I only got a tiny amount cuz I flowered too early this is by far the nicest I've done in my CFL cab and by far the best looking purps I've grown and I'd hope you all agree. Judging off of this I can't WAIT to get my girls in my tent flowering so I can have a few zips of this shit to smoke on cuz it's SOOOOOOO sweet and grapey I found a strain I'll be keeping for a long time that's for sure and like it better than GDP so props to Outlaw Genetics Gorilla Grape should be just as good if not better..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Magic Merlin in flower

Magic Merlin in flower

So here are some shots I took of the Magic Merlin while she was at 8 weeks of flowering..
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

(very bottom nug)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Well there you have it what I think is a very nice purple strain and I know I'm not the only one :tiphat:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
If wondering why fan leaves are hacked in half it's cuz in early flower and veg I was using the Head Formula with CES on her and it just wasn't enough and wouldn't stay happy grew all slow and then I switched up and followed the chart and she took off and started to fill out and toss out resin glands with such a lovely grape cannabis scent you all know the one..

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks bro I'm gettin there slowly but surely lol I'll be able to hang with the big boys this round that's for sure and then from here on out since I'll be using H&G from now on and nothing else except maybe a product or two from another company.. I'm curious how Humboldt Roots holds up next to Roots Excelurator cuz I know the Myco Madness is a lot better than Great White which is just like Bacto Force by H&G I mean it seems like a very similar product and it's just as concentrated almost all you need is 2ml per gal and it's half the price anyone got any comments on this?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Guess no Humboldt Roots users around here huh? Just gonna have to wait on my job at the hydro shop so I can sample it. No I'm not saying which one it is unless I've known you through here or in real life lol. Anyhow I do have some bad news! My camera has taken a shit on me folks and I'm devastated over it since I love to take pics of my plants. Not sure what happened to it, you'll see what it does like I can still take pics when the plants are out of the tent but try and do it while in the tent with the light on and it's ALL WHITE! Also my pics have these funky lines through them it sucks. I noticed it doesn't make a click anymore when taking a photo either just beeps without the click and I get shitty pics. Not too shitty but definitely no more macro shots or close ups of buds grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'll hopefully come up on one before harvest. But I will for surely be getting a new Canon Powershot of some kind so until then this is what I have for ya lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

Strawberry D Coffin Cuts 5-7-10

attachment.php

attachment.php

Magic Merlins and Gorilla Grape 5-7-10

Attachments

• 2010 Grow 2 108.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 108.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010 Grow 2 109.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 109.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2010 Grow 2 116.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 116.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010 Grow 2 118.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 118.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 11

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Last but not least we have my beastly Sugar Cane Kush's I'm hoping give me 2.5-3oz each and I just might hit my goal . My temps are perfect this time as well I'm at 68-76 nutrients are the best I've used so far cuz I've never had such vigorous healthy plants in before flowering so these should produce pretty good I'd think.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So yea these bitches are 17" right now and my MM and GG are only 11" and the Strawberry Ds are also 17" just waiting a few more days I'll probably just give em 48hrs of darkness to jumpstart my flowering. Have day one of 12/12 start Monday :jump:

Attachments

• 2010 Grow 2 127.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 127.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010 Grow 2 126.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 126.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2010 Grow 2 125.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 125.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2010 Grow 2 124.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 124.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 13

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sugar Cane Kush are beasty. Stocks are amazing. I would of left a few more smaller bud sites on the one of the left (only a few), but they are going to yield very nice and very dense for you.

Sorry about your camera my friend.

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea the one on the left aka pheno C just didn't have many mains and if it wasn't a main it was getting the ax so I have better bud growth and no larf... I can't wait to get these flowering cuz they stink already!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Also those stalks are from being in Air Pots and getting a full crazy ass root system going cuz it's nuts in there. I'll post a pic of em...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here's some root shots to share the first two are 2 weeks ago maybe and the second set of 2 are from today...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also looking back at the beginning of this grow while I was still using the Cutting Edge Solutions 6/9 mix then the chart of theirs and still wasn't getting completely happy plants. Now that they have been on a steady diet of House & Garden nutrients they are lush and healthy as can be! I've got no deficiencies and all my new growth is just lovely vibrant greens! Flowering is going to be really interesting to see...

Attachments

• 2010 Grow 2 074.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 074.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2010 Grow 2 075.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 075.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 2010 Grow 2 130.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 130.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2010 Grow 2 131.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 131.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 14

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Those pics are kinda cool to see cuz it shows the Air Pots working, you see all the new roots in the first pics which were taken just after they filled out the pots. Then the other pics you can see the old roots dying off with new ones poking through all over the place! The my Smart Pots got roots popping out the sides left and right I'd love to see those in a flood and drain system.

Latest posts

Latest posts