Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > LED Grow Lights > Lighting schedules.

Thread Title Search
Lighting schedules. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2018, 01:12 PM #1
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
Lighting schedules.

Mix and match is the order of the day. Using deep reds at dawn and dusk. What about a blast of blue midday? Putting that now defunct MH to work for half an hour or an hour.
Getting closer and closer to the natural light cycle, perhaps a flash of red in the afternoon to emulate cloud cover.
Maybe a bit carried away. Perhaps pure nonsense. I see hints of it in the forums anyway, especially when it comes to deep red.
Pure noob here, blatantly looking to benefit from the work of others. Hit me please.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

Click for more info about the Majestic 12 LED panel
Old 02-10-2018, 02:09 PM #2
mr.brunch

mr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond reputemr.brunch has a reputation beyond repute
Can’t wait to see your results! I run 13 light /11 dark as I feel I get better results, but got no actual data to back it up.

https://www.jackherer.com/thebook/

Originally posted by jimmy cliff:

So I'll keep on fighting for the things I want,
Though I know that when you're dead you're gone.
But I'd rather be a free man in my grave,
Than living as a puppet or a slave.
So as soon as the sun
Will shine,
I'm gonna get my share of
What's mine.
And then the harder they come ,
The harder they fall,
One and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post

Put out the joint, step away from the computer and go for a walk.
Current: seedsman Power Africa- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355286

Current: seedsman Girl Scout crack- https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355287

Current: real gorilla seeds dosidos #1-
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=356370
mr.brunch is online now Quote

Old 02-11-2018, 06:33 PM #3
starke

starke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to allstarke is a name known to all
I'm definitely interested in your results. Tagged.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

Current Grows: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....343153&page=38 Page 38 forward

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Grow
starke is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 03:56 PM #4
h.h.

h.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of lighth.h. is a glorious beacon of light
I'm lacking as far as ability to document. I would need a control along with more idea conditions and flat out more experience using lights.
I'm also currently finishing up a prior grow.
A PAR meter would probably be helpful. More lights are on my wish list as well.

In trying to fill a 5x5' tent, where on Timber Lights website, they recommend 900w (LED).
I have 400w COBs @3500k, 200w @ 3,000k, and 200w @ 1750k.
Currently I"m supplementing with a dimmable 1,000w HPS and 6500k CFL's. (250w +2x 125w)

The plan is, as other's have posted, to run the deep reds for 15 minutes before lights on and 15 after lights off. I think BurnOne was going just over 13 hours this way.

At lights on, I would add in the 200w 3,000k and 400w 3500k along with the 2100k HPS. The HPS would stay on for an hour followed by the 6500k cfl's that would stay on until late afternoon when the pattern would repeat in reverse order with the HPS coming back on.
Trying to work with what I got and not wanting to add cooling for the HPS. The cfl's defiantly need to be phased out.
I'd add in 200w of 4000k LED's for midday and at least 200w of 3000k LED's for full day.

Basically changing the ratio of red and blue through out the day to match the filtration done by the atmosphere with a burst in intensity at noon.

Not knowing what those ratios are or how to achieve them, other than trial and error resulting in spending lots of money I don't have. I was looking to copy more or less what's already been done.

Quote:
it’s mighty sad when average health has declined to the point that people become fatally ill from exposure to a little animal shit.
Solomon, Steve; Reinheimer, Erica (2012-12-04). The Intelligent Gardener: Growing Nutrient Dense Food (p. 271). New Society Publishers. Kindle Edition.
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 04:56 PM #5
jikko77

jikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nice
give a look here: https://plantphys.info/
- non ho nessun obbligo di rispondere ai p.m., domandare è lecito, si, ma ricevere risposte non è scontato, ne garantito; se avete bisogno di aiuto, apritevi un thread o scrivete su uno già aperto. le consulenze private/p.m. sono a MIA discrezione.

- la mia libertà finisce dove inizia la tua, anche di fare cazzate (cit. In&OutGrower)
- Fatti non foste a viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza (Dante Alighieri, canto 26, Inferno)

il mio giardino

- Qualche accenno di biologia su come ottimizzare un cultivo- di Noreason
- LED FAQ) Building and DIY - di Dion
[Guida] COME FARE UN PANNELLO LED (HOW TO DIY LED) - Traduzioni ed altro -
Cenni di BOTANICA

link utili:
jikko77 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:28 PM #6
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
My browser said that link could be malicious, jikko.

Do you have another?

OP,
Why the Deep Reds in the morning?
They’re unnecessary at that time as Deep Red affects the phytochrome ratio which is responsible for triggering flower.

Why the decrease in total lumens/PAR through the day compared to morning & evening times?
Seems backward to me.

Without a control, what’s your baseline to judge the effectiveness of this schedule against?

Hope you have a bunch of timers all synchronized.
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 07:34 PM #7
brown_thumb

brown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant futurebrown_thumb has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post
My browser said that link could be malicious, jikko.

Do you have another?<snip>
Just delete the "https://" from the link and press the Enter key.
brown_thumb is offline Quote

Old 02-12-2018, 11:13 PM #8
h.h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPassion View Post

OP,
Why the Deep Reds in the morning?
They’re unnecessary at that time as Deep Red affects the phytochrome ratio which is responsible for triggering flower.

Why the decrease in total lumens/PAR through the day compared to morning & evening times?
Seems backward to me.

Without a control, what’s your baseline to judge the effectiveness of this schedule against?

Hope you have a bunch of timers all synchronized.
Following the first link from Phaeton's post below, it explains the benefits of using a deep red in the morning. Basically, as I understand it, it is thought to signal the beginning and end of night making any light leaks in between insignificant.

From "Far red leds (730 nm)? "
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
https://plantphys.info/plant_physiol...eriodism.shtml

I put this link into threads every now and then. It covers the basics of how Far Red affects the flowering cycle.

https://plantphys.info/plant_physiology/light.shtml

This link is on light itself. Towards the end is an account of the Emerson Enhancement Effect which I think is what some folks associate with Far Red.
It is not really too complicated but the link has pictures and graphs which help to clarify.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=328607&page=5

Any loss of PAR during the day would be corrected by using different lights. Replacing the cfl's.

Other than the "z" diagram in the above link, I hadn't found out much about blue light.
https://gpnmag.com/article/effects-o...ght-on-plants/
By intensifying the blue, I could end up delaying flowering. Not my goal. If anything, I think a couple more 3,000k would be best.

It would only take a couple of timers , easily synchronized within a minute. I could use them to do a soft start as well as pushing a little more intensity with the semi retired HPS midday.

Quote:
h.h. is offline Quote

Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 PM #9
jikko77

jikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nicejikko77 is just really nice
mind that used some early than eod could improve emerson effect, mind the timing
- non ho nessun obbligo di rispondere ai p.m., domandare è lecito, si, ma ricevere risposte non è scontato, ne garantito; se avete bisogno di aiuto, apritevi un thread o scrivete su uno già aperto. le consulenze private/p.m. sono a MIA discrezione.

- la mia libertà finisce dove inizia la tua, anche di fare cazzate (cit. In&OutGrower)
- Fatti non foste a viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e canoscenza (Dante Alighieri, canto 26, Inferno)

il mio giardino

- Qualche accenno di biologia su come ottimizzare un cultivo- di Noreason
- LED FAQ) Building and DIY - di Dion
[Guida] COME FARE UN PANNELLO LED (HOW TO DIY LED) - Traduzioni ed altro -
Cenni di BOTANICA

link utili:
jikko77 is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 11:02 AM #10
h.h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jikko77 View Post
mind that used some early than eod could improve emerson effect, mind the timing
That's generally what sparked my interest. It made me wonder how far other's have taken this concept.

I think the HPS with the COB's is a bust. Too much heat on my heatsinks.

My approach of adding blue during the day is skewed. Instead of red, red, blue, then more blue, the stress should be on red, red, red, blue, then less red.

Quote:
h.h. is offline Quote