Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > What is your average Grams Per Watt?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: What Is Your Average Grams Per Watt For Your Last 3 Harvests?
0.25 gpw 4 4.94%
0.50 gpw 15 18.52%
0.75 gpw 26 32.10%
1 gpw 16 19.75%
1.25 gpw 14 17.28%
1.50 gpw 1 1.23%
1.75 gpw 1 1.23%
2 gpw 2 2.47%
2.25 gpw 1 1.23%
2.50 gpw 1 1.23%
2.75 gpw 0 0%
3 gpw 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

What is your average Grams Per Watt? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2017, 05:56 AM #1
Cannabologist

Cannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the rough
What is your average Grams Per Watt?

I'm polling, FOR SCIENCE! What is your average yield in grams per watts of light you are using for your last three (3) harvests?

NO CHEATING NO LYING... COME ON SERIOUSLY!

No one is judging you, no one is trying to be the best.. This isn't a contest, this is just a poll about your actual results, so please give your ACTUAL results for the poll. The whole point is useless if you lie and you are not tricking anyone, you are only hurting yourself trust me I am mad do not screw with the methods

No one's asking for proof you only did .25gpw last grow, or that you get 2gpw. Obv. just round up or down or whatever is closest for your last 3 grows.

Maybe this'll be fun! Meow!
Nor heed the rumble of a distant drum!
Cannabologist is offline Quote

Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 03-05-2017, 03:46 PM #2
Floridian

Floridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud of
Using 3 1K vertizontals and hortie lamps usually around .8
Floridian is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:54 PM #3
mack 10

mack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant futuremack 10 has a brilliant future
Can we add a time limit to this.
G per watt means nothing if it took you 6 months to get there.

Gram per watt per cycle.
Or gram per watt per month makes more sense.

Double OG.
mack 10 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:01 PM #4
Floridian

Floridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud of
I went by cycle.The most Ive ever pulled during 1 cycle was real close to 6 lbs

Old 03-05-2017, 05:03 PM #5
atk7

atk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really niceatk7 is just really nice
Mine has been .56g/w of dried cured buds. Under dual 150 HPS cycle is 2 week veg once well rooted clones are put into 2 gal pots at and 70 days flower I have a very short height flower space . And the strains I run just take that long to finish. I get about another oz of sugar leaf and trim I make budder from. That I did not include in the totals. 4 plants ttl .

Last edited by atk7; 03-05-2017 at 06:51 PM..
atk7 is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2017, 05:46 PM #6
Floridian

Pot size is also significant,my goal is 4 8 oz plants under each vertizontal,flowering in 5 gal pots.I started out flowering in 3 gal pots and my yield was significantly less

Old 03-05-2017, 06:27 PM #7
Highsenburg831

Highsenburg831 has a spectacular aura aboutHighsenburg831 has a spectacular aura aboutHighsenburg831 has a spectacular aura aboutHighsenburg831 has a spectacular aura aboutHighsenburg831 has a spectacular aura about
Last run under my 600 I pulled 1.6 lbs with 7 day veg using coco dtw in 1 gallon pots. Trippin.
Highsenburg831 is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 05:35 AM #8
Cannabologist

Cannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the roughCannabologist is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Can we add a time limit to this.
G per watt means nothing if it took you 6 months to get there.

Gram per watt per cycle.
Or gram per watt per month makes more sense.
No there's a reason for that... It's an average per your last 3 harvests... Cycle doesn't make sense here..

Or if one is a critical thinker, using a perpetual harvest, etc., take a best average guestimate for some kind of time span, say every 2, 4 months, or 6 months, depending on how often you are harvesting.

If its your first or second grow, average that. If you have an odd number, like 1.35gpw, well, do your best averaging up or down, honestly, are you more likely to be on the 1.25 end often times, or 1.5 end.. Again, critical thinking lol.

This isn't about how much you are growing in a given time span, it's how much are you getting at harvest vs wattage you are using to obtain that. Time doesn't really matter here, it's your last 3 harvests; you could be harvesting quarterly, or once a year, it doesn't really matter. You did 3 harvests in 3 years, one every year, ok what's the watts from each harvest and what is the grams and then for all 3 you average it. Or 3 harvests in 3 months, again time isn't a factor. She likes it no matter how long it is!

If you put a time limit, then you can't ever run the experiment again; ie. this is a test, and you can keep testing yourself every 3 harvests indefinitely

What was your gpw for those last 3 harvests? How much wattage did you use, and what did you get?

Now, think about and focus on what you can do in the future to increase that gpw average. This is why time, or size of grow, neither really matter. It's just about improvement for the next round(s).

Now. Harvest 3 more times. What is your gpw meow? Did it go up? Did it go down? Or stay the same? Why (if you have any thoughts or reasons ie. temps dropped, overwatered, don't really know, etc.,)?

Of course if you are reaching the upper tiers of what is doable (2+gpw) you are obv. doing something right, and if you hit that and can't go further, it isn't something to be ashamed of or even think you perhaps can do better as there is obviously a real point at which you can plateau with what your plants can put out, but in that regard, it is then of course the goal never to go under that maximum you have obtained after reaching such a point.

There is a reason stop questioning the madness

This isn't the only metric for growing of course (gpw), but it is a good one, one that is absolutely quantifiable, and that you can easily track yourself and keep numbers on, if you are honest. Its the most bare bones way to ensure you are improving, and neither faltering or plateauing. But it only works if you are honest with yourself, here cheaters truly never prosper.

AND! Everybody learns.

Unless you're like me and smoking it before it's even try and drying it in an oven to smoke it. Don't be like me! I'm a dick!
Nor heed the rumble of a distant drum!
Cannabologist is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 07:42 AM #9
SilentFeet
Banned

SilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the roughSilentFeet is a jewel in the rough
About 0.224 gpw.
SilentFeet is offline Quote

Old 03-06-2017, 08:50 AM #10
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
Mine is around .35 with a 600w. Is gpw achievable in soil?