Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Barney's Farm
Tropical Seeds Company - Pix Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-28-2018, 01:02 AM #251
TexasTea

TexasTea has a spectacular aura aboutTexasTea has a spectacular aura aboutTexasTea has a spectacular aura aboutTexasTea has a spectacular aura about
Those white dots around the roots...tiny soil mites? I have those on my recent grows now that I'm doing all organic. The good guys.
TexasTea is online now Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 12:33 PM #252
48N

48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about48N has a spectacular aura about
has anyone grown the zambian?
i read its a quicker version of malawi gold
im growing outdoors at 48N, first frost is usually around beginning of november
does it have a chance to finish? if not i will make crosses with ciskei, which i want to grow as well

Old 02-15-2018, 10:10 PM #253
Koondense

Koondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to all
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
I don't think the Zambian will get close to finish at 48N, usually the problem with such sativas is the late start of flowering which starts in mid/end september.
Maybe a good option would be something from La Buena Hierba, he works with sativas which are able to finish in netherlands outdoors.

Back to the topic, here is my lovely clone Rosetta(Durbakistan) which is my "fast" sativa, finishing consistently at 9 weeks and with a fast flower onset.
Not a special smoke but although a nice one.

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:10 AM #254
thejact55

thejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the roughthejact55 is a jewel in the rough
I second what koondense said. I had 9 senegal ladies outdoors at 48N last year. Late september is when they finally got going in flower, not even close to finishing, which is what i fully expected. It doesnt hit 12/12 till way late up north, in comparison to constant 12/12 at equator.

Wonderful plant koondense. Reminds me of exactly what the stock photo of this strain is on the website (if i remember correctly)

Growing for a seed stash, more than a bud stash.

Help the DEA fight cartels and crime, grow your own weed!
thejact55 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:28 PM #255
Mustafunk
Heirloom Grower

Mustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant futureMustafunk has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48N View Post
has anyone grown the zambian?
i read its a quicker version of malawi gold
It's not that fast really... indoors they finish up to 16-18 depending on phenos, but they are similar indeed. Classic spicy south africans.

Mustafunk is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-17-2018, 01:29 AM #256
TexasTea

TexasTea has a spectacular aura aboutTexasTea has a spectacular aura aboutTexasTea has a spectacular aura aboutTexasTea has a spectacular aura about
Koon, how are the aromas on your Durbakistan? Tell us a story. :-)
TexasTea is online now Quote

Old 02-17-2018, 08:20 PM #257
Koondense

Koondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to allKoondense is a name known to all
Koondense has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Not a day for stories but I can tell you it's pretty mild smelling, the most predominant aroma is a mix of honey hashish, floral notes similar to almond tree flowers and a hint of acrid cat piss like smell mixed with earth.
Overall a very pleasing mix but far from loud.
I think it's a great hybrid for guerrilla growing, pretty fast to flower, robust bushy structure and nice bud density along with a probably good resistence to pests(i guess).
Definitely a cross to explore further, I only got a couple of seeds, the Rosetta is a clone from the first seed(not striped), I'm saving the striped seed for another run.

I hope you like the story

Cheers
Koondense is offline Quote