Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Toker's Den > What is your average Grams Per Watt?

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: What Is Your Average Grams Per Watt For Your Last 3 Harvests?
0.25 gpw 4 4.94%
0.50 gpw 15 18.52%
0.75 gpw 26 32.10%
1 gpw 16 19.75%
1.25 gpw 14 17.28%
1.50 gpw 1 1.23%
1.75 gpw 1 1.23%
2 gpw 2 2.47%
2.25 gpw 1 1.23%
2.50 gpw 1 1.23%
2.75 gpw 0 0%
3 gpw 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

What is your average Grams Per Watt? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2017, 05:20 PM #71
dansbuds
Retired from the workforce Bullshit

dansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivordansbuds is a survivor
i love all the outlandish claims with no pics to back it up !!!

current tour with brain & brewer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDB-T19sK4A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBEfUysyvI8

BB kings 9/23/16 full show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGurX1vukAU

growem green & stay safe .... Dan
dansbuds is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Click to visit Venus Vapes
Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM #72
Bobby Boucher

Bobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really niceBobby Boucher is just really nice
I've broken .9 few times, but only once with anything worthwhile. Usually .7-.8. Always 1 scrogged plant per 600 with co2 supplementation, vegged out for however long it takes til I deem it large enough to flower. Usually 7-8 weeks and a shitload of lst.

I would personally consider my buddy (and his product) to be the best in the biz, and he gets .7-.8 growing the same cut under the same conditions with intensive training. FWIW though, I always try and make myself feel better about having to crawl all through the trellis every morning by imagining 1200 grams all together.
Bobby Boucher is offline Quote

Old 04-12-2017, 11:35 PM #73
outdoordreams

outdoordreams has a spectacular aura aboutoutdoordreams has a spectacular aura aboutoutdoordreams has a spectacular aura aboutoutdoordreams has a spectacular aura about
Thank you dansbuds, I will break down these outlandish claims and then I will get pics within the next few weeks uploaded for you to see.

So grams per square foot is my preferred measurement.
So under 1000 watt Gavita lights we are averaging around .88grams per day per square foot.
Under regular digital 1000watts with two year old bulbs we are averaging 0.88grams per day per square foot.

----------------------
@3.75 lbs per 1000 watt gavita
1700 grams per 1000 watts
25 square feet
77 day cycle (8 flower 3 veg)
22 grams per day per 1000 watts
0.88 grams per day per square foot
---------------------
@2.4 lbs per 1000 watt digital ballast
1089 grams per 1000 watt
16 square feet
77 day cycle (8 flower 3 veg)
14.15gram per day per 1000 watts
0.88 grams per day per square foot

----------------------
These numbers are consistent over a number of larger rooms.

We use 36plants per 3x1000 watt digital in a 4 foot by 12 foot bed.
We use 60 plants per 5 foot by 15 foot bed.
Plants usually finish between 2.5 feet tall to around 4 feet tall depending on the strain.

You can see using the gavita we are getting amazing gram per watt but in my opinion the result per square foot is the important number.

We are working to improve on these numbers.

Next room may break the 1.7 grams per watt,
but it will be 14 days longer too, so we will see if the gram per day per square foot is better.

Last edited by outdoordreams; 04-12-2017 at 11:51 PM..
outdoordreams is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:58 PM #74
outdoordreams

outdoordreams has a spectacular aura aboutoutdoordreams has a spectacular aura aboutoutdoordreams has a spectacular aura aboutoutdoordreams has a spectacular aura about
Did just over 3.1 lbs per 1000 watt hps.

Not a great photographer, sorry.
Rockstar x bubba
11 weeks flower and 3 weeks veg
Essentially producing the same grams per day per square foot as the 8 week strains above.
Clean ash. Great smoke.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0202.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	424947

Last edited by outdoordreams; 08-23-2017 at 12:13 AM..
outdoordreams is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:44 AM #75
Trichomez1

Trichomez1 will become famous soon enough
I run an 8 week strain usually. Should i be adding 3 weeks of time of my next flower run to compare to an 10 or 11 week strain. If so my .75 per watt goes up to 1gpw.
Trichomez1 is offline Quote

Old 08-31-2017, 05:06 AM #76
Jeeyah

Jeeyah has a spectacular aura aboutJeeyah has a spectacular aura aboutJeeyah has a spectacular aura about
HPS RIP .65 GPW

COB LED 1.4 GPW

Old 02-14-2018, 06:15 AM #77
Rondon

Rondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of lightRondon is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by growsjoe1 View Post
I've been growing for a long time, since we used to grow in cali National Forests. I've grown indoors in the past at 1gpw with big yielder's. Now a days with my strain choices, mostly kushes, I'm at .56 for the last three.
Strain choice makes a big difference.

indoor past: more than a gram per watt

View Image

View Image

View Image

indoor Present: .56GPW

View Image

View Image
The quality from the photos looks night and day. Beasters/monster yielders vs super frost low yield but top shelf. At least from the photos. Now...trying to get the top shelf low yield gear to yield is where Ive been last few years. And lemme tell ya...ALOT easier with newer DE hps and cmh amd the cob/quantum board lights. No reason fo me or my pals to grow old school beaster buds anymore. The closest I get is Blue Dream and thats just a couple plants or so for a specific patient. I will take the top shelf and try and make it yield (its not very difficult if you control the environment and plant canopy) over the easy to grow and pull easy weight gear anyday. First off....the beasters are hard to sell. Second...I dont care for the lower quality and neither do my patients. Nice comparison photos though. Says alot.
Rondon is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 AM #78
Natural high

Natural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud ofNatural high has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by growsjoe1 View Post
Hey can any of the 9 people who voted that they achieved an avg of 1.25GPW or more post up a pic of there current garden. I'd be very interested and grateful for full room shots. I'd like spectacular gardens with thigh size buds. Many of you must have some serious skills and genetics....Please post up and share your success with the family.

peace joe
I have found from observation and experience that most people that claim yields above 1g/w are liars that have no evidence to back it up. Your 1g+/w pic in post #58 is as good as it gets.

cheers
Natural high is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:42 AM #79
Americangrower

Americangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant futureAmericangrower has a brilliant future
I get roughly 1 to 1.25 I have 40 plants under 3 x 600hps/mh I get 2 zips a plant (roughly) some more some slightly less. Tho it's really not exact since I grow perpetual

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

Old 02-14-2018, 01:28 PM #80
Cigarette1

Cigarette1 is on a distinguished road
1st grow ever
.25 grams under 200 watts CFL
3.5 Gallon DWC
Cigarette1 is offline Quote