Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2018, 09:21 AM #3961
Hermen_eutics
Banned

Hermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of lightHermen_eutics is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlaser View Post
The iron and zinc are higher than you want is my first impression, mine are half that and still too much
Do you have any thoughts on the cause of Zn values getting out of hand? My mix began at 16 ppm Zn after a few cycles it tests at 110. It concerns me. Ive been wondering what im using that contains enough Zn to cause this excess.

Old 03-02-2018, 03:13 PM #3962
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by growingcrazy View Post
View Image

End of week 4 flower. Funny that a few posts ago I mentioned keeping N low... That is what happens you put on a shit load of bone meal.

Ca 82.37 Mg 10.35 K 5.793 Na 1.487

Concerns, criticism, thoughts?
Looks pretty darn money!

Lower that Fe, raise the MN a bit. Zn looks high, but nothing a balanced soil can't handle. Would love to know what the Si levels are? N cycle usually last 6 weeks, you are on week four of flower, I actually think your N is right on track. Got a little gypsum with the sample also.......

One thing that concerns me, is the ph? What's up with a ph of 6? Especially with all the bone meal you added?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2018, 04:59 PM #3963
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
All of those numbers are near what I was aiming for... Zn came out 20ppm higher than planned but still in my range... I shot for 125 on Mn and only hit the 99. That B would scare some...unless you put it there.

I wish I could lower that Fe number...Not that easy. I have an amendment somewhere that is bumping that Fe...still haven't found it. Unless the drop in pH released the additional Fe over the last tests numbers? Still working on Fe. Right now it isn't a problem since this mix is fairly balanced.

The S is real(not just a handful). 1 lb per cuft of gypsum + SOP = High S. It just means that this soil will continue to drop in pH until the S is reasonable(long time), until then I will keep liming to bring pH up and add Ca before the next round. I will probably bump it to 7.2-7.3 for the next plants to go in...

I forgot to have Spectrum run Si numbers...going to give them a call.

These plants are cranking.

EC meter reads 1.68

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:23 PM #3964
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
do you have any Mo in that soil?

Old 03-02-2018, 05:51 PM #3965
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
I haven't specifically added any, nor tested for it in this soil bed. What are your thoughts?

Micropak has Mo I believe...I am still using that as a micro base for my foliars and teas until it is gone.

Also wanted to note since Easy mentioned the low pH. The last bump in K this round will come from Ksil. K, Si and a slight pH increase.

Spectrum is running Si, Ill post the number when I get it.

Old 03-02-2018, 05:53 PM #3966
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Mo I have used sulfates. However, kelp helps here. Micro pak and kelp seems to keep Mo up for me personally. Should start testing for it again though.

Kelp really is a great start to a balanced Micro approach. Good reason why pot heads have been growing with kelp for a long time. It's effective.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:42 PM #3967
jidoka

jidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to alljidoka is a name known to all
with 200 ppm nitrate your plant is loaded with it. gotta convert that into protein. you need an enzyme to do it which needs Mo

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2018, 06:44 PM #3968
growingcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermen_eutics View Post
Do you have any thoughts on the cause of Zn values getting out of hand? My mix began at 16 ppm Zn after a few cycles it tests at 110. It concerns me. Ive been wondering what im using that contains enough Zn to cause this excess.
Can you give a full list of what amendments you are using? If you have a high P mix(and your getting it into the plant), your Zn can also be run higher. How high? Tissue sample and you shall know.

Last edited by growingcrazy; 03-02-2018 at 06:57 PM..

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:09 PM #3969
growingcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
with 200 ppm nitrate your plant is loaded with it. gotta convert that into protein. you need an enzyme to do it which needs Mo
What would be a visual sign that it was lacking?

Just checked my spreadsheets.

Mo is in my weekly feed solution @ .3ppm.

That equates to about a .25 soil ppm addition over an 8 week cycle just from Micropak.

What are your thoughts on that?

Old 03-02-2018, 07:30 PM #3970
jidoka

You just mentioned tissue samples. Test your nitrate levels. Lower is better, zero is close to possible.

foliar is an excellent way to get Mo since oxidative state could effect uptake.

Mites would be a clue.

1 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed