Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cooking With Cannabis > Decarboxylation in H20

Thread Title Search
Decarboxylation in H20 Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 07:01 PM #11
pinkus

pinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by igrowone View Post
interesting, wonder how well it preserves terpenes
which could be quite an advantage if if it does
I THINK almost all of the terpenes are lost as the water-soluble portion.

As far as showing, it's really just a simple crockpot extraction. Thanks y'all.

pinkus is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:07 PM #12
igrowone

igrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant futureigrowone has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkus View Post
I THINK almost all of the terpenes are lost as the water-soluble portion.

As far as showing, it's really just a simple crockpot extraction. Thanks y'all.

from what i read, the terpenes are very insoluble in water
very intrigued with this process

Old 09-21-2018, 09:57 AM #13
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute

I now know how to use water to decarb and save all the Terps.

This guy actually decarboxylates using water and cannabis sealed in vaccum bags.

The reason he does this is to save the Terps which normally escape when decarbing is done in a regular oven.

He has also a video.

Decarboxylation: Marijuana Alchemy

Working on Something Sneaky

1 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:01 PM #14
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Sous Vide is the ONLY way to decarb. Yes, the terpene profile is maintained and it makes a WORLD of difference in your edibles.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:14 PM #15
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringodoggie View Post
Sous Vide is the ONLY way to decarb. Yes, the terpene profile is maintained and it makes a WORLD of difference in your edibles.
Have you tried it?

Working on Something Sneaky

1 Days Left
troutman is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 06:52 PM #16
Ringodoggie

Ringodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud ofRingodoggie has much to be proud of
Absolutely. I am getting off better on my edibles than I EVER have.

You can read about some of my issues in the "Adding Terpenes to Edibles" thread (if you care. LOL) but my dosage was 2 full grams of rosin, decarb'd and mixed with coconut oil, in caps and food. And, even that resulted in almost no effect.

I have done sous vide in the last 5 or 6 edibles and my dosage is almost 1/10th of what it was.

I was getting pretty good results adding terps back after decarbing and that's when I realized it's all about the terps. The pressing process and the decarb (whether oven or beaker/hotplate method) was taking too much away. Adding back the terps enabled me to make 'party mixes' and 'pain mixes' and 'sleepy-time mixes'. That simply confirmed that it's all about the terps.

When I read about sous vide, it just made too much sense to me, not to try it. So, I did. I'll never go back.

I don't add terps to my edibles any more. My edibles are 10x more effective now. And, (not related but) I use lecithin now to increase the bioavailablity.

All-in-all.... My pot will never see an oven.... ever again. LOL

And, for the first time in forever, I am getting high again.

Another score for the French...... LOL

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:15 PM #17
Thcvhunter

Thcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of lightThcvhunter is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

I now know how to use water to decarb and save all the Terps.

This guy actually decarboxylates using water and cannabis sealed in vaccum bags.

The reason he does this is to save the Terps which normally escape when decarbing is done in a regular oven.

He has also a video.

Decarboxylation: Marijuana Alchemy
Arent a handful of the terpenes water soluble?

Its why Water Hash / Bubble Bags were exposed as a hack from the original design of ice hash.
Thcvhunter is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 08:32 PM #18
Ringodoggie

In the case of Sous Vide, everything is sealed inside a vacuum bag. Nothing actually touches the water.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:39 PM #19
ozzieAI

ozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant futureozzieAI has a brilliant future
so how much can you actually process at a time with this method? ideally i would want to do a minimum of 20 gr up to 60 or even 80 grams.

i like that it works for you ringo...this seems to be the best way to keep strains individual characteristics when making caps/edibles

If you are not paranoid...then you are not paying attention...

cannabis is not a crime...

It makes me smile...I really have to do this more often...
ozzieAI is offline Quote

Old 09-21-2018, 11:47 PM #20
pinkus

pinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to beholdpinkus is a splendid one to behold
That is really cool.

I think that the bags sealed even in a pot of boiling water, or in the second pot in a double boiler would be extremely close in results. The transition from water to water vapor makes the temp pretty stable at around 100C/212F.

I'm not saying it's exact, but for those not wanting more gadgets. Yeah, those people really exist!
pinkus is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.