What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Magnificat's Legal Grow Journal and Chill Zone

Magnificat

image_481916.jpg
image_481917.jpg
image_481918.jpg
We are just finishing up the 6th week of flower. for those out there there seems to be confusion on the way to count flowering times, and although I will probably find that counting it from the start of 12/12 is wrong, that's how I do it. Week 6 completed with 3 weeks left for most of them.

I took some better photos at lights out with no HPS running and a side flouro for back lighting so you can see the detail and color of the 2 largest head colas.

Pictures are from L to R..
Critical Kush head cola
Criminal+ x 501st OG head cola
Criminal+ x 501st OG mid way up node cola

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_482434.jpg
image_482433.jpg
image_482432.jpg
image_482431.jpg
Halfway through week 7 and more hairs turning, more weight being packed on, and they are my usual denseness. I am not sure if its just my environment but i end up getting very few leaves overall.

I just fed them all a 5 notch on my meter which is around 700ppms and i noticed some yellowing on the larger fan leaves and a little tip burn which is normal. Lots of thick white hairs but also hairs that have turned.

Pictures...
1. Full room, you can count the 6 main Colas
2. Criminal Plus x 501 cross
3. Criminal Plus x 501 cross closeup
4. Critical Kush

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_482763.jpg
IMG 2218
So here we are finishing up week 7 with 2 weeks left approximately. Here are a few close ups i took last night and tomorrow i will post some closeups. The critical kush is the most done and looks amazing.. The smell in the house is amazing right now.

they will probably get one more feeding at low doses for the ones finishing up in 2 weeks and then about a week of flushing. The way they are drinking water 7 days would be approx. 5 waterings. I will detail as it happens.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_482860.jpg
image_482859.jpg
So my nephew came up today, we jammed and did a lot of smoking. He is most excited about the criminal+ x 501 in the back as well as the critical kush but all of the girls smell great and are finishing up beautifully. The smell in the house is overwhelming and wonderful.

Here are some pictures i took at lights out.

1. Full room shot as of 1/19/19...
2. Jones Rainbow Haze x 501

You can see in picture 2 the criminal+ x 501. That thing smells like chem funk plus some sweetness, whereas the other criminal is much more sweet and less chemmy smelling. overall, I expect about 15-16 ounces total. This isn't bad under only 1200 watts...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_483105.jpg
image_483104.jpg
image_483103.jpg
Not much going on here. I think the critical kush is basically almost done now. I am flushing her and gave her a mild mix but i don't think its going to do too much more other than hair color changes.. The rest look like 2 weeks left.

Here is a cross shot minus the critical, she managed to hide from the camera.
the next is the critical kush main head.
and finally the critical kush side sagger.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_483418.jpg
image_483417.jpg
image_483416.jpg
Well here we are just finishing up week 8 with about 1-2 weeks left on most of them. The critical kush according to Barneys details is a 60 day strain and today at around 55 days, i would concur. It looks the most done of all of mine right now.

The Criminal plus crosses, one looks very done, the other, the larger in the back needs a little more time and apparently more P. You Can see the deficiency in the leaves near the main head curling inward, classic P. So, i hit them up again yesterday and today with another 700 ppms of week 9/10 mix.

The critical gets mostly water at this point as she is done and just ripening. Calyxes are swelled which are hard to see in the third picture but you can see all the hairs have turned.

The Rainbow Jones haze x 501 looks like it needs a little more time like the cheesedog so it could go just beyond next weekend and into the week.

Here are the pictures.
picture 1 room cross shot with a couple heads missing.
picture 2 is close up of criminal and critical kush in the back row.
picture 3 is the critical kush close up.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_484218.jpg
image_484217.jpg
image_484216.jpg
image_484215.jpg
Its hard to believe that 3 months have passed but alas they have..

I plan to chop the critical kush on saturday morning at lights on, and the criminal1, zombie and blue cheese on sunday morning at lights on. And finally the criminal2 and casey next week on tue/wed morning before work, and finally the cheesedog haze if possible the week after.

I will take some fresh pics at lights out tomorrow night and post them up as well as pics of the chopped critical on saturday. She is a beauty with sagging arms. I checked the trichomes and I see mostly cloudy. Very calyx laden.

Well, i ended up taking some just now and here they are... some color some not... I wish this camera i had from 2003 :) would take better high res pictures. Maybe its time to get a new one. I'd still have to reduce the images in size to poste here though.

Picture 1: Critical Kush looking all calyxed out.
Picture 2: Criminal1 x 501st og cross. Sweet smelling tighter nugs. Reminds me of incredible bulk style dense nugs.
Picture 3: Critical Kush in color. It really is weird how the camera doesn't capture the depth you see in picture 1 even though its same plant.
picture 4: Criminal2 x 501st og cross. This one smells sour and sweet but also fuel and chemy. It's got to be the 501st genes coming through.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_484562.jpg
image_484561.jpg
image_484563.jpg
Hi All, just a quick update. I cut down the critical kush and criminal1 on Saturday morning and then the zombie kush on sunday morning. I plan to take down criminal2, ranbow haze and blue cheese on wed morning and most likely cheesedog next weekend.

Here are the drying plants. Nice heavy yields... Once the rest are down, will post more, and finally once its cut and bagged for weighing before it goes into jars.

Last edited:

Magnificat

Hi All, I didn't want anyone to think I disappeared at the peak of the action. All but the cheesedog is going through the drying/burping/curing process. I cut down the cheesedog today, and I have some preliminary weights. I will post up some pics soon of the dry nugs.

I feel like this round didn't finish quite as good as some of my previous but overall it wasn't too bad. About 15z total I suspect if you account for fully dried herbs...

critical kush 72 grams
criminal1 58 grams
criminal2 90 grams (still wet)
zombie kush 54 grams
blue cheese 28 grams
jones haze 91 grams (still wet)
cheesedog

Scorp1on

Very nice grow, I love the cross you made and they do look very good.

I plan to do some cross soon too, I cant wait to see the result, I hope they will look good as yours haha

Magnificat

image_487518.jpg
image_487519.jpg
image_487520.jpg
image_487521.jpg
image_487522.jpg
Hey all, here are some final updates to the last grow. I also took some dry nug shots but my camera really stinks. its an HP 1.5mp camera from 2003... Time for an update there, anyway.

Totals from last grow.. 14-15 ounces dry weight...

critical kush 72 grams
criminal1 58 grams
criminal2 80 90 grams (still wet)
zombie kush 54 grams
blue cheese 28 grams
jones haze 81 91 grams (still wet)
cheesedog 73 grams
446 grams total....

And here are the pics of some dry nugs. missing are the cheesedog haze and the blue cheese.

Pictures: critical kush, criminal1x501, zombiex501, criminal2x501, jones rainbow haze x 501....

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_487858.jpg
image_487859.jpg
image_487860.jpg
Like all good things, everything comes to an end, and as this grow is completed, another rises from the ashes...

Here are the new seeds I ordered from 2 seedbanks.. Attitude and Herbies, both arrived a couple days apart from each other.

I have 17 babies planted so far, and so far after 4 days, 7 have popped out of the soil.

I am running the following...

Black Sugar Rose
Cali Connection blackwater
DNA kosher dawg (guava)
DNA sour OG Kosher
DNA Kosher Sorbet
DNA og18 aka Private Reserve
GDP Candyland
Rare Dankness Dark Ghost Train Haze#1 (x grape ape)

I am splitting these with my nephew and only 1 OG18 broke of two and I only have 1 sorbet. Once the rest pop I can post a more accurate list of what I am running in this thread this round.... Enjoy.:woohoo:

Just a small update, last night 4 more broke, and today 2 more so now I have 13 popped out soil...

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_488765.jpg
image_488767.jpg
Here we are another week in and the babies are getting their second set of leaves... The OG18 ended up being a mutant and although it might make it, its not being included in the original sets for me and my nephew. The last candyland and kosher sour didn't make it so all in all I ended up with 14 viable babies.

Here is how I think the 2 batches will be split up...

Magnificat………………...……Nephew
1 candyland……………………1 candyland
2 dark ghost train …………1 dark ghost train
1 blackwater ……………..…1 blackwater
1 kosher dawg………….……2 kosher dawg
1 kosher sour……………..…1 kosher sour
1 kosher sorbet......……...1 black sugar rose

And here are the babies... :) looking fine. I should be transplating into 1 gallons next weekend. They are white/black poly 1 gallon bags and I cut off 2 inches, then roll them down slightly.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_489077.jpg
As a proud father, it brings a tear to your eye to see all your girls growing up so fast... :comfort:

But we need them to turn into raging calyx machines so let's get on with it. here they are from tonight, and yes I need to transplant. I plan to put them into the 1 gallon bags this weekend... I will post pics once I have 14 babies in 1 gals! That will look sweet..

One last comment.. Do you notice the size difference as you go down the line. That is the typical seed bank lack of vigor of aged seeds. Some popped in 24 hrs, some took 48, and some took 72 to full break out and visible tap root thus the size difference since ALL seeds were started on the same day. Just something to think about.. comment if you want and questions are welcome!

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_489445.jpg
image_489444.jpg
image_489446.jpg
image_489447.jpg
image_489448.jpg
As I mentioned in the last post I planned to do all the planting today on Saturday and that's exactly what I did. I was originally going to plant into 1 gallon grow bags like my last grow, but this time I decided to put them into 5 gallon bags directly. This was party due to time frames as I don't like summer growing and I estimate this grow to finish on June 21 or June 28, 2019.

As I mentioned in my previous posts there is a very important step when transplanting into soil that can easily be overlooked. Now, this is not an issue for those who create their own soil blends and mix it up thoroughly as I think that would help resolve the issue I typically see with fresh bagged soil.

Soil tends to have some unusual charged particles to it that repel water. So if you are filling 5 gallon bags or even 1 gallon bags, you should condition the soil before putting it into the containers. I do this by adding my soil into a 5 gallon bucket and then add about 2 cups of perlite and mix in about 3-4 cups of water and hand mix. I want it wet, where it almost forms balls when squeezed. This wet soil also allows a LOT less water needed to be added after they are planted in the soil. What I found was that when you don't do this, and you do a first watering, the water sits on top of the soil and doesn't absorb in. This can create dry tunnels and cause issues because root systens cannot cross the dry areas and these will NEVER get wet due to the nature of the way the water develops paths.

My nephew overlooked this on all but 1 plant and he had major issues. I went over there and we super saturated his plants and it fixed them enough to finish up ok, but if you don't do this you will regret it. Watering will be a nightmare.. you want water that absorbs quickly into the soil.

Another key here is to gently place the soil in the bags, don't dump. I take handfuls and hand break it up so its very loose and ultimately don't pack it down tightly. Just at the top to seal it and about 1/2-1" max over the top of the transplanted soil level.

Then water about 2 cups all over the top to season the top for future watering and you are good to go. Now let's get to some pics. Note in ALL of these pics I have not added any ADDITIONAL watering to them. So the way they look is how wet I made the soil before the transplant.. Just an FYI

Me handing a baby girl into her new home.
full room shot
close up of My 5 gallons
close up of my nephews babies
and close ups of each plant. you can read the labels...
(k sorbet, dgh, ks, cl, dgh, bw and kd)...

Last edited:

Magnificat

My nephew will be coming up tomorrow morning to get his. He needs to get his soils tomorrow and he will have his up and running to. We tend to follow similar grow cycles to keep things consistent. If I can, I will occasionally post up some pics from his grow as well....

Magnificat

image_491425.jpg
image_491424.jpg
image_491422.jpg
image_491423.jpg
Hi All, I know its been a while but not much happens for the first couple weeks. Just slow growing.. I wanted to make a note, that I wish I had used the 1 gallon bags to do a second replanting as that causes more branching and slowing of growth as the plants root bound at the second stage. Because I went right into 5 gallon bags, the growth changes and they end up being taller and less branchy... Just an observation I notice..

Here they are from pictures taken today...I have been using low stress training by folding down the top main heads below the stems to encourage side branching and its helped a bit.

I plan to kick them into flower in about a week from now...

edit: I did want to mention I did 1 feeding of 1 notch on the meter (120ppms), then 4 waterings, and then 2 days ago I did another 1 notch feeding of 120-140 ppm. My Ph meter probe died so I have no meter and assumed my Poland springs water formula had changed and changed my ph down usage. I flipped back to 4 drops again and they look much better.. thus why you see some mixed coloring on some leaves...

pic 1: full room shot
pic 2: kosher sour
pic 3: kosher sorbet
pic 4: candy land

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_495068.jpg
image_495069.jpg
image_495070.jpg
image_495066.jpg
image_495067.jpg
Not much happens between the early veg and even into early flower so i didn't really bother posting detailed pictures of those stages but i decided to add a couple veg pictures in the next post. I did some LST on them forcing the top heads down under and then letting them bounce up again to try and control the height but it didn't matter, these girls are tall. So here is a mid term update and where we are...

Overall this one has been a little more tricky due to having 6 different strains to grow and maybe next time my nephew and I will do a single strain room.

first pic is a few weeks out and man did they stretch like crazy in flower. the kosher sour is now over 5'6" tall approx. with dog close second followed by the hazes. the blackwater and candy land are short.

as we near flower i will update more often as we are around 4 weeks left.

Last edited:

Magnificat

image_495072.jpg
image_495073.jpg
image_495074.jpg
Here are 3 pictures of some LST on the taller kosherdog and shorter blackwater before they were flipped to 12/12. The third pic is a kosher. You can already see that she is going to be tall! :)

-m

Last edited: