What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SSSC Lot M69 F2

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Me too Art. Ill have to grow some of the f3s au natural so we can really see the structure of the whole plant. That should help Scoob and the gang get to the bottom of it.

Ive got more pics to go through - probably tonight.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I cant remember if this is #1 or #4. Lights off right now so...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Not as done as her trichs would lead you to believe. Look in the shadows and you can see clear heads. They have probably missed the brunt of the baking soda sprays.

#1 and #6 are at 7 weeks - plain water from here on out.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
From my old notes.
We selected what we thought were 4 female phenos , 1 male , different structure and fragrance to each plant.

Fragrance leaning towards citrus/spicy/orange/piney.

We labeled these A , C , D , and E.
B hermied.
the male first and then A , C , D , E. There are also top photos.
There was one pheno that had strong orange fragrance and had cloudy trichomes at 40-45 days.

Attachments

• Lot 69 Male Top.jpg
    Lot 69 Male Top.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Lot 69 A.jpg
    Lot 69 A.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Lot 69 C.jpg
    Lot 69 C.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Lot 69 D.jpg
    Lot 69 D.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Lot 69 E.jpg
    Lot 69 E.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 22

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Thank you for dropping in and shining some light. Hopefully some others can help fill in some missing bits.

Do you know if the seedman credited as the breeder is still around somewhere? Not that its very likely that I could find him.

Did any of the aromas ring a bell? Even if not for these specific seeds. Do you remember anything from 'the day' that would have fit any of them (black licorice, pine, sticky fruit)?

You don't have to go out of your way, but any other puzzle pieces would help me try to make a... ahem... educated guess.

They were really trich covered and sticky and made a nice pile of sift. And they were really stanky early through mid flower. I almost thought I had some old skunk genetics in there for awhile.

If you can upload them, I can help you get them posted. And thanks again :tiphat:

Kind of spooky how I decided to ask for some info at just about the same time so many people from early on entered idiits cohiba thread.

Hello.
I do not know if Seedman is still around.
The fruity aromas are definitely there.

A few more Lot 69 photos.

Attachments

• Lot 69 Male 001.jpg
    Lot 69 Male 001.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Lot 69 E Top.jpg
    Lot 69 E Top.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 30
  • Lot 69 D Top.jpg
    Lot 69 D Top.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Lot 69 C Top.jpg
    Lot 69 C Top.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Lot 69 Male 003.jpg
    Lot 69 Male 003.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 26

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Heya glock!

Awesome bigsur! Thanks for digging around and posting the pics. Mine are mostly like the 2nd plant pictured in the 1st set.

Its hard for me to say if they look similar since mine have been topped many times and kept small.

Ill get pics of #4 tonight. Its shot right up - stretched a lot more under hps than t5s. Its got great bud structure too.

I don't have any orange in mine. Pine, anise and rotting fruit. Then again, theyre F2s.

EDIT: bigsur, your original post also said that the info contained within was submitted by Heatherbud. Any idea if that person is still around? They may remember the genetics.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
They do make a lot of concentrate. Sift from the 4 mothers - 11 gs. The darker top layer was from the black licorice girl.

picture.php

picture.php

#4 - rhino, this one is showing some sat structure.

picture.php

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
That's a nice chunk of sift there. Can't remember the last time I did a dry sift bigger than a few bowls. On the fence about a new 5 gallon bubble bag kit or sift screens.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
I find bags to be a messy hassle.

Im going to restart after summer with all seed and maybe some new cuts. I have a few spots to seal up where I put the passive intake and replace the peeling flooring so nothing can get underneath it.

If it comes back - burner.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Ya gotta narrow it down to the source. Here are your culprits from my experience:

Brought in from the intake meaning some other source like a bathroom with an issue or under a leaky sink ect., ect.

Inside the grow area the moisture has taken a hold somewhere, along with dead spots where air is not moving.

Brought in cuts that have a systemic issue that have you chasing your tail till they are destroyed.

You could go the way of panda filming the whole area an ceiling plus taping to completely seal from the grow walls. Then you'll know if the intake is bring in the issue. Just a thought.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Hey wildgrow,

There are some pics still up on CW. I think its in the auction section, but the search fuction gets you there too.

I would have posted the pics for you myself but I havent posted pics in a while. The same goes for link I would have liked to provide you with. sorry haha

I'm getting old and this machine has too many buttons!!

Aye te watcho:tiphat:

Rudedewd

I thought you said in your first post that Big sur made the f2's and he popped in and said what they were to the best of his knowledge. Seems to me that the SSC does stand for seed swap club. Whatever it might be it sure has pretty buds.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
The intake and flooring are the most likely culprits as I haven't gotten any cuts in a year and a half. The flooring is really old lino that's cracked, chipped and curling. Definitely a good hiding place.

Im leaning towards the intake though. Its the only big difference when I started this 'season'.
I cut through a wall that goes into a cab and then cut through the other side of the cab. I think I need to box in the cut through the wall. Right now it could be pulling air from inside the wall.
Thinking of putting a uv light in the cab so the air gets sterilized before it hits the grow.

There are absolutely no dead-air spots. The space is 8x4x8 with a 12" oscillating fan that's 4' off the floor. All the girls are quivering even when the fan isn't pointing directly at them - which is never.

That's the way it goes sometimes, right. Scrubbed, painted, better sealed, better prepared and things can go to shit anyway.

Thanks for your help brother.

Thanks lung, Ill have to look that up.

Rude - Ya, bigsur did, but it was some time ago and probably many dozens or dozens of dozens of strains ago. And he still doesn't recall from what it was made.

Maybe this will be one of those threads that fades away only to have someone in the know show up 3 years later to spill the beans.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
For sure its the source pulling from a pocket of mold in the walls somewhere. I'm more certain its there then from the floor if that was the variable. The floor very well may have it growing now there too. It will take hold everywhere it can where there is favorable conditions.

I have no doubt you'll tackle this pm beast. :tiphat:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Exactly. Ill box the intake, replace the floor, install 1/4 rounds at all the wall/floor junctions and then caulk it all. If it comes back, sulphur burner - like you suggest.

Got a few more pics to post tonight.

OldSSSCGuy

Very cool that Bigsur51 was able to solve the mystery for you. Absent his explanation I would have voted towards the original M-39 from SSSC - but seed from that stock is now about 17 years old. Was real popular in its day.

Added edit: FWIW on your original post. The SSSC never did refer to any seed by lot number. I tracked the dates when the bulk boxes of seed would arrive at my crib, but nothing even shipped by them refered to a lot number of used that word.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Very cool that Bigsur51 was able to solve the mystery for you. Absent his explanation I would have voted towards the original M-39 from SSSC - but seed from that stock is now about 17 years old. Was real popular in its day.

Added edit: FWIW on your original post. The SSSC never did refer to any seed by lot number. I tracked the dates when the bulk boxes of seed would arrive at my crib, but nothing even shipped by them refered to a lot number of used that word.

Ahhh... old sssc guy...
Just what I needed, another someone from the past.

What you say makes sense along the lines of what castroman posted. Probably just a bit of confusion when bigsur labeled the beans.
Im willing to go with them being SSC Lot 69 now. Bigsur said that they had some auto tendencies and that's now shown itself in the last cuts. #s 1 and 6 started to reveg (took the cuts 3 weeks in flower) then just stopped doing anything but living. I only have 1 clone from #4 now and shes still spitting pistils.

Do you have any experience with these seeds - SSC Lot 69? And, perhaps, know their lineage?
Im sure that theres got to be some auto in them. Im inclined to believe there may be some Durban in them too. I base that only on the black licorice female and that, as far as old school genetics go, Durban was the only thing I could find with that description.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Man... good thing no one cares for this thread.

#4 - Shes being flushed. You can see some damage done by the baking soda showers. Still, not bad. I cant imagine the production in a trouble-free run. Youre looking at about 8" of plant. This top cola is over 18" long.

picture.php

Sure would be nice to know the genetic contributors to this strain.