What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Tangwena

Veteran
Both are going to be awesome being GT it will kick your ass either way ha ha.

canary bud 1 week.JPG
gt dry.JPG

ProfessorLefty

Whelp, just for grins, I rehydrated 28g of stale air-cured flower with 8g ro water, pressed into a cookie & vacuum packed, then sweated for 24 hours

1674003888186.jpeg

I’m 100% positive this has been done many times before without success, except *this* time, I’ve revacced after sweat with a square of tangerine peel, in homage to how I used to refresh stale weed back in the day

Last edited:

ProfessorLefty

I like the idea of it. I would have used more of the zest of the orange peel, just the orange part. If it goes bad, it will be because of the sketchy white inner peel of the orange peel, I betcha. Good luck, brave pioneer!
I’m hoping the little bit of tangerine peel will be infused with resin in a couple months, I’ll check in a week or so and maybe add a few drops of ethanol

CDNINCA

Whelp, just for grins, I rehydrated 28g of stale air-cured flower with 8g ro water, pressed into a cookie & vacuum packed, then sweated for 24 hours

View attachment 18802842

I’m 100% positive this has been done many times before without success, except *this* time, I’ve revacced after sweat with a square of tangerine peel, in homage to how I used to refresh stale weed back in the day
I look forward to how this turns out Prof! I've got heaps of a few different strains of well-cured "content" from last year - sitting at 62% RH in glass jars, and I'm tempted to cob up a bunch of it. The first cob I made a couple of months ago was some of the same and it's looking interesting, might be worth doing a little more!?
I have no idea of what my efforts will turn out like - never tried it before, but what the heck??

The homage to the old days... and the orange peel slice... good idea!
Once again, following along, cheers!!

ProfessorLefty

I look forward to how this turns out Prof! I've got heaps of a few different strains of well-cured "content" from last year - sitting at 62% RH in glass jars, and I'm tempted to cob up a bunch of it. The first cob I made a couple of months ago was some of the same and it's looking interesting, might be worth doing a little more!?
I have no idea of what my efforts will turn out like - never tried it before, but what the heck??

The homage to the old days... and the orange peel slice... good idea!
Once again, following along, cheers!!
I figure at least can’t make it any worse, and plus I’m getting practice for cobbing up a couple plants at 40g or so each in 3 months

CDNINCA

I figure at least can’t make it any worse, and plus I’m getting practice for cobbing up a couple plants at 40g or so each in 3 months
Solid plan, that's why my first cob was from last years product - a "proof of concept" as one might also call it? What I learned from v.1 sure helped me know a little more about what to do with the recent vintage!

But I do have that feeling of there's much still to learn! So fun...

Cheers!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
I have another question:

Just HOW compressed do we want the cob/puck?

I have a number of pollen presses and puckmakers and shit like that. I was under the impression that a more loose roll was the desired density. I have a burger maker that would make awesome pucks. :)

Too much pressure would probably start pressing the water right out. I have done that for bree samples before.

Getting real close to my first cob. Everyone wait to hear the sound of a cherry popping. :)

Thanks again

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
420giveaway
I have another question:

I have a number of pollen presses and puckmakers and shit like that. I was under the impression that a more loose roll was the desired density. I have a burger maker that would make awesome pucks. :)

Too much pressure would probably start pressing the water right out. I have done that for bree samples before.

Getting real close to my first cob. Everyone wait to hear the sound of a cherry popping. :)

Thanks again
I personally make mine very compressed, although others make them much less so.

revegeta666

StickyBandit

JustGrowing420

How do you find the buzz? Was it that color from harvest?
To me it seemed a rounder high(not so energetic as the dry flowers) and more psychedelic too, creeped up on me in a way. Bear in mind I tried it in a joint, a small piece of the canary bud just as it's drying, far from cured and complete.

Here are some pics of dry flower heads. Some amber in there but definitely cobbing took it to another level.

golden tiger.jpg

golden tiger1.jpg

golden tiger2.jpg

golden tiger3.jpg

golden tiger4.jpg

Tangwena

Veteran

ProfessorLefty

I find my KMart vacuum packer knows how much to compress, assuming it's correct...
My
I have another question:

Thanks again
my foodsaver has been packing cobs about as tight as I can get them with a pollen press, so my guess is, pack it like it’s 1992, and you need to get as much as possible in the gas tank of your box truck before you go through the Calexico checkpoint