What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Which of these clones should I choose?

Kelethin

I've grown purple kush, jamaican sugar, grapefruit haze, godbud, and girl scout cookies so im not completely a new grower but im getting back into the hobby after a decade and I am struggling to make hard decisions. (my old ICMag account disappeared)

maybe,
1. first choice
2. second choice
3. third choice

thanks very much for any help folks, here are the options:

Tangerine dream
Purple kush
Master kush
Bubba kush
Pink skunk
Pink kush
OG kush
Blueberry kush
Tuna kush
Hindu kush
Grizzly purple kush
Death bubba
Chemo
Rock star
Moby dick
Gorilla glue #4
Fire og
Bruce banner
Black diamond
Mk ultra
Blueberry jam
The purp
Grand daddy purple
Ny sour diesel
Sr-71 purple
Animal crackers
Sweet tooth

:woohoo:

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
How could i pick for you lol :D

There's a lot of variance there from indicas like bubba that need a really decent 6 week, or longer, veg and topping with not much food that finish nearer 8 weeks with a 1.5 -2x stretch from clone to the kushes and vinier genetics that will try to stretch 3x on you or worse, can be finicky and need a 10-11 week flower to have a nice rounded high.

My random 123 because ive not grown them yet would be:

1.pink kush
2 Animal crackers
3. Bruce banner

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
What are your goals?
Time-frame
Weight
High or Low

From the list, the ny sour diesel is legendary. The moby is short fast and heavy (and possibly amnesia haze unless two people made the same labeling mistake). The og kush seems to be a building block in lots of varieties, supplying the speed and weight but not the main flavour. I suspect it's a simple honest kush, that would share a stable with the moby happily.

The tangerine dream pops up often enough that it has a pet name.

Tahoe22

Also depends on if it's for other people or yourself. if yourself simple, just pick what you like. If others then you'll need to figure out what strains are popular in the demographic you're aiming at

Kelethin

I dont really have any goals, im already growing GSC and blue cheese X purple kush and am happy with what I have, but I have an opportunity to get some live genes so I was wondering what you folks as a community would pick. Before asking my list was

Ny sour diesel
Gorilla glue #4
Hindu kush

Im still unsure what I should choose.

Kelethin

Hardly any of the cannabis from dispensaries actually works for my back pain from scoliosis so I also buy from a guy who grows GSC. Since it's legal in Canada I got ahold of a bunch of his GSC cuts and now I have the gene that works for me, and BCxPK for fun. But chances are I can get some more awesome genes to play with, so please let me know what you would choose and perhaps why!

Kelethin

I wish I could edit my posts, sorry for the spam of thoughts.

ideally anything with a short veg time too, I dont like training and playing god, I like flowering what many people would call clones, but I call lollipops. Only the haze, OH, I also just remembered I grew Atomic Haze as well, only the hazes couldnt do the veg from clone, nearly pointless without establishing themselves.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
I've grown purple kush, jamaican sugar, grapefruit haze, godbud, and girl scout cookies so im not completely a new grower but im getting back into the hobby after a decade and I am struggling to make hard decisions. (my old ICMag account disappeared)

maybe,
1. first choice
2. second choice
3. third choice

Tangerine dream
Purple kush
Master kush
Bubba kush
Pink skunk
Pink kush
OG kush
Blueberry kush
Tuna kush
Hindu kush
Grizzly purple kush
Death bubba
Chemo
Rock star
Moby dick
Original Glue #4
Fire og
Bruce banner
Black diamond
Mk ultra
Blueberry jam
The purp
Grand daddy purple
Ny sour diesel
Sr-71 purple
Animal crackers
Sweet tooth

GG4
nycd
gdp
bubba kush

SnowShow

maybe,
1. first choice
2. second choice
3. third choice

Tangerine dream
Purple kush
Master kush
Bubba kush
Pink skunk
Pink kush
OG kush
Blueberry kush
Tuna kush
Hindu kush
Grizzly purple kush
Death bubba
Chemo
Rock star
Moby dick
Gorilla glue #4
Fire og
Bruce banner
Black diamond
Mk ultra
Blueberry jam
The purp
Grand daddy purple
Ny sour diesel
Sr-71 purple
Animal crackers
Sweet tooth

If these are actual, original proven cuts that I would have to choose from, my list would be:
1 MK ultra
2 GG#4 (if it is labeled as you posted then disregard and replace with Hindu Kush)
3 NYSD

SnowShow

If these are actual, original proven cuts that I would have to choose from, my list would be:
1 MK ultra
2 GG#4 (if it is labeled as you posted then disregard and replace with Hindu Kush)
3 NYSD

Do you only have room for 1 plant? That would suck.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Master kush if it's the real deal So Cal cut I dream of having
Hindu Kush because I'm running some and I have to say very solid line and quality kush smells and solid nugs and nice early flower

And anything else you deem worthy lol best of luck my friend

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Plenty of good ones on there but my recommendations for you are these in this order,

1st - GG4
2nd - Bruce Banner
3rd - MK Ultra

Kelethin

ok folks! ive sent in my list. I look forward to my filling my "playground cabinet"
2 of each:
Ny sour diesel
Original Glue #4
Hindu kush
Rock star
Moby dick
Bruce banner
SR71
Fire OG
Mk ultra
Black diamond
grand daddy purple

2 weeks!

Kelethin

it's pretty easy to get a constant flow like a factory with a few grow spaces available, once you get it dialed in of course. I enjoy the extra layer of difficulty to care for more than one mother, like stepping into a daycare from being in a lecture hall all day.

X

xavier7995

Is it a one and done deal for new genetics or can you hit the place up again if it doesnt pan out. I would lean away from what everyone here suggests and go with a random mystery clone you dont know much about, maybe one of those pink varieties.

That said, sweet tooth is mighty nice and i have long been a mk ultra fan.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
Also depends on if it's for other people or yourself. if yourself simple, just pick what you like. If others then you'll need to figure out what strains are popular in the demographic you're aiming at
Grow what you like and if THEY dont like it fugm'. unless yer going commercial with all those clones..

I replace, pretty much unattended, clone mothers once every 6-12 months.. limited veg room, they get too bushy and needy.