What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Smoking that NYC Piff tonite AKA the CHURCH ! PIFF LOVERS UNITE !

friendndeed i feel the same and not to be comin at new york or nuttin but i got a friend from some where in queens who lives in philly now and hes always talkin bout they chocolate.he told me they call it chocolate because its brown.has nothin to do with the weed being of thai decent or charactor.awile back a friend used to bring back cocolate thai from NY except it was real thai instead of it just being brown.by the way said friend brought some of this brown chocolate weed to philly.please dont ever bring any back it sucked

L

Lune TNS

^Your friend might be talking about what a little farther north we call Manhattan Brown. I have no clue what that herb is, but it's a REAL strong sativa that kicks my ass. You'll like it a ton Im sure.

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Haze and piff are just terms for good weed. The 'haze' uptown is almost always a sativa-indica hybrid. There is a variety of weed up in the heights. Some of it is amazingly good and some of it is garbage. Some of it looks like shit and gets you real high, and some of it looks great and won't get you high. heh.

The nicknaming thing is big in the hood. e.g., the best Mexican brick available in the heights is called the mango pinya by the Dominicans. Similarly, a lot of people call all handguns glocks and call PCP and formaldehyde dust. They also like to call body armor 'teflon.' It's pretty much ignorance that leads to these situations. Not everyone logs onto ICMag (or logged onto OG, RIP).

Chocolate is brown Mexican sativa, but not the bunk ass shit that used to go for around 50 an ounce in Harlem. The Choc was a potent sativa I used to smoke in the late '90's. Then again, people will call any kind of weed anything. I'm getting some decent nugs out here right now and it's sold as 'BC', but I bet it's grown locally. :)

Last edited:
L

Lune TNS

Whatever that stuff is, chocolate/man. brown/ etc. etc. I love it man (if we are indeed talking about the same buds). I've smoked a wide variety of strains and never have I had a stronger "head" high. It's almost like take a hit of some weak acid...

U

UBER21

glock23 said:
Haze and piff are just terms for good weed. The 'haze' uptown is almost always a sativa-indica hybrid. There is a variety of weed up in the heights. Some of it is amazingly good and some of it is garbage. Some of it looks like shit and gets you real high, and some of it looks great and won't get you high. heh.

The nicknaming thing is big in the hood. e.g., the best Mexican brick available in the heights is called the mango pinya by the Dominicans. Similarly, a lot of people call all handguns glocks and call PCP and formaldehyde dust. They also like to call body armor 'teflon.' It's pretty much ignorance that leads to these situations. Not everyone logs onto ICMag (or logged onto OG, RIP).

Chocolate is brown Mexican sativa, but not the bunk ass shit that used to go for around 50 an ounce in Harlem. The Choc was a potent sativa I used to smoke in the late '90's. Then again, people will call any kind of weed anything. I'm getting some decent nugs out here right now and it's sold as 'BC', but I bet it's grown locally. :)

Wow mango pinya havent heard that one in years.....had that in the boogie down many years ago wrapped in newspaper...good chit.... :headbange

killa-bud

Veteran
i got choco recently (like a year or two)

like,it was werid,really hard to break up,it kind of looked like someone poured chocolate sauce on it and dryed it,i saved some seeds,only had a couple,but i don't know where they are.....

razer

I have to agree with keeping the strains name. I hate when I go to my guy and he's telling me he got some bomb ass shit and I'm thinking he's going to say something like ssh or sour diesel, so when I ask him he's like dead man! I'm like dead who?

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
Yup. On the street, you take your chances. Even if you're growing from seedbank seed, you can't be 100% sure you're getting what you think you're getting. Nothing like making your own strains from landrace genetics..heh

dj digigrow

it was called purple haze for the longest, even though it wasn't purple..
then dip-set started calling it piff and putting out albums and mixtapes called piff this and piff that, and it was all over!..
manhattan brown, church, uptown, all the same thing...
there is another thread on this in the strain section...
you gotta understand its more of an open market up there.. there can be 2 or 3 cats on every other corner tryin to move something, so everyone says they got what's hot at the time... it ill change from piff to something else in a few.. trust me..
people only been calling it piff for a few years now

hipponormous

FRANKENBLUNT420 said:
this whole "piff" thing is fukcin retarded. just some new UPTOWN slang bull_shit. if its haze then just call it haze!!! WTF is so hard about this people? (its like takin two steps back for every one step forward)

and dont get it twisted, im born/raised uptown, lived in between harlem and washington heights for most of the time, some of that time in the BX, a couple years in BKLYN. and i still havent heard it referred to as "piff"

well soursoldier, im just glad you got some haze and your able to blaze a nice one, enjoy and god speed, but dont fall prey to the misgivings of the streets, they tend to stay ignorant to some things for no real reason.

EDIT: oh i see now 4 posts, fresh of the boat huh? lol. dont worry stick around this place soursoldier, we'll "learns ya" ( :spank: ) in no time at all. :rasta:
Why do you care so much about how people choose to name their weed?

greenhead

Veteran
hipponormous said:
Why do you care so much about how people choose to name their weed?

I'm not him, and I don't care what people choose to name their weed, mainly because I don't buy weed anymore.

I sure wish that weed was properly named and labeled when I was buying lots of it before. Idiot dealers or people just coming up with random, stupid names amounts to you not knowing what in the hell you just bought and smoked. If I'm smoking some good stuff I would want to know what it's called for future reference, and If I'm smoking some crap stuff, I also want to know what strain it is so that I will stay away from it in the future.

People coming up with their own stupid names for already named weed just adds confusion and breeds ignorance.

:joint: :wave:

bigherb

Veteran
lol

this is all funny shit i thought there would be som good info som nice pics details big up to soursolider for his pics but ur sours def anint real sour som hybrid or som but looks like commercial kush that haze look sweet tho.sounds like a new rendition of the argument on nyc piff thread.

straight up piff is a wack slang, but i dig it been around since bout 01 02 .but piff haze church brown frankies uptowns anint all the same.just like all bud anint the same diff growers diff nutrients diff setup etc.piff n uptowns r all hazes or haze hybrids but vary in grade n this piff is supposedly som special but ive seen many wack batch called piff piffington just like a name brand the name sells itself or ur just a lame that dont know they shit.just show me som fire .them dominican duu sell water to a well cant knock the hustle.

real tlk som info on ur uptown hazes frankies aka da fathers is dark brown loose bud golden inside taste frankincense aka church incense funeral type,catpiss ,spicey rip ur face off best haze ive ever smoked.church is that same incense of da funeral but not really catpiss or as potent as frank but its in da family n the batches vary we call many batches church but its not a particular strain.purple haze which is more dense sour spicey n buttery wit mostly a body buzz type narcotic seen many batches i believe this too be a strain batches r very consistent. green hazes ,golden hazes floral ,astringent ,chocolate .ive seen it all from that wet ammonia shit to that stringy hay smellin shit . but there anint no aka aka its all haze n hybrids but far from da same shit .frankies is rare to come across not ur every day find .but youll neva forget it once youve smoked it believe me da o.haze of my days. most of my uptown experience is a incense church thats som fire but the range of selection is vast .

Last edited:

dj digigrow

I want to know where I can get a cut of each?.. j/k...
but seriously I know it aint them dominicans growin that shit, I heard its coming from fl. and upstate, but who keeps the strains?.. I can't belive noone can ge3 their hands on some cuts??
stingy mofo's.. ;)
btw. I had mentioned in theother piff thread, out of the 100's of oz I had I never got a seed.. a few times I got some white undeveloped seeds, never popped though...

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
digi
definitely som coming from fl. but i think there r som dominicans growing it down south n in da hood.i really dont think it comes from upstate but its a nice location .its who u know u kno .i feel u ive ran threw crazy z's n only got 1 nice lookin seed im still holding 4 da rite time.

dj digigrow

whats wierd is that Im in fl right now and no-one has anything close to haze out here... commercial anyways...

dj digigrow

dfa said:
i thought Frankie(s) was just some oldschool ny slang for herb..?
it is.. as well as church, manhatten brown, purple haze, buday', and so on and so on.. its just a way to classify the type of haze they have... mostly because most of the cats who sell it have no idea about growing and the different genetics and all so they just name it to classify... " you got that Franky,?? nah working with that manhatten brown right now, maybe next week"

I hate that wet, ammonia smelling haze... almost a moldy smell to it..

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So I'm thinkin' when my friend comes back in the club & I ask
him where he's been and he says....... "I been out back in the
alley churchin' up on some piff".... at least he didn't get any on
his jacket.