What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

-26F or -31C here tonight, how cold is it by you?

moose eater

It used to be a dry cold, anyway. Now with the changes, we get more precipitation in both winter and summer, more moderate summers, and warmer winters, too.

All of the redneck nonsense of some of our isolated coastal areas, as well, but without the good sea food.

Maybe we should've stayed on the coast. At least there I had access to fresh halibut, clams, shrimp, and salmon, among other goodies, more or less right out the door.

Hmm.

That 50 ft. of snow in Valdez in '89, though? They can keep that shit!!

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Partly cloudy. 30 percent chance of flurries this evening and after midnight. Wind up to 15 km/h. Low minus 31. Wind chill minus 32C this evening and minus 40C overnight. Frostbite in minutes.

26.gif
:freezing:

RMS

:smoweed:

Three Berries

Rivers up with minor flooding. Should crest around noon. First time in a while. More rain mid week and maybe snow later in the week. Still haven't started the snow blower.:greenstars:

moose eater

not this old boy! got diabetes, feet pretty cold year round. sleep with thick wool boot socks on at times.
My feet feel strangled if I wear socks to bed. The socks grab the sheets and blankets via friction from my wool socks and the sheets (especially flannel sheets), and what's worse, the socks typically spread dog hair onto the bed, under the blankies. Yuck!! Literally can't sleep with them on if I'm under sheets and blankets

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
62F
We had a tornado warning just west of the garden a few miles. Looks like the wind is about to pick up with the large area of rain moving in.

moose eater

-30 f. on the front porch mercury and glass.

Still have the poly barrels on the trailer, now full of #1 heating oil, ready to be off-loaded into the driveway and hauled by snowmobile/freight sled up to the barn; waiting for a warmer day to transfer into the main tank.

Need to park the trailer mid-day today after off-loading drums, and head into town to get about 51-gallons of premium gasoline in 5-gallon jugs (and 1-gallon into a 2.5-gallon jug for the ice augers and chainsaws), for the trip to the bush, for which 45-gallons in 5's and the (1) 2-1/2-gallon jug will go along with us.

Having fun still requires too much work, and my body hurts.

More snow on the way, but not before another near-30-below f. period for temperatures tonight/tomrrow.

Bleh!!

Last edited:

Three Berries

Our 1" of rain for Friday has now gone 3" of snow with warnings of 5-8" heavy snow. We will be right around freezing so it's just a good guess.