What's new

Best way to use 6x6x7 grow space?

Hey guys, I framed a 6x6 grow room. All i know for sure is that i plan to build DIY COB LEDs for the room and that I will most likely be running Coco DTW with blumats under a scrog net (unless i am convinced otherwise).

My question is if i should dedicate the whole 6x6 space toward flowering or if i should section it off to have a veg room? I do want as much QUALITY buds as possible but am not quite sure what setup will benefit me the most. Here are some options of mine:

1) section off the 6x6 room to have flowering and veg chamber. If you think i should do this, what measurements do you recommend?

2) use the 6x6 room for flowering and buy a 2x2 veg tent to put in garage (its non-insulated but i live in southern cali at least)

3) use 6x6 room for flowering and just buy clones (dont really like the idea of not raising my own babies so would i save money going seeds using a veg tent?)

Thanks in advance!

Tynehead Tom

i can't speak to the LED lighting as I'm an HID grower. I can speak to the 6x6x7 grow space though as those are the exact dimensions of my ice hut i ran two crops in this past year.
I hung a vertical 940watt HPS and 9 plants in 3 gallon pots in a circle.
My separate veg space was 3 feet x 4 feet with a low hung 4 tube florescent fixture, vegging my seedlings and clones. 5 to 6 weeks for seedlings and 10 days for clones.
The space yielded over a pound each run. Pics are in my albums.
I suppose with LED one could fill that space with clones for a real nice sea of green garden, vegging moms and rooting cuts in a closet type space lit with floros or more led.
my thoughts anyways.

personally i'd stick a 1000watter in there and go vert my friend ;)

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
separate tent for the garage. opposing light schedules makes combo bloom room and veg/clone area a potential light leak scenario from which hermis come from... not saying it cnt be done though... If the garage is not air conditioned, use leds in there for heat control. I'm in Florida and heat control is the reason I'm trying the LED again. In bloom??? good luck with either the LED or HID...

Drop That Sound

My current flower room is 6x7.5x6, almost the same just shorter and a little over a foot wider. I have two 1000 dimmable digital ballasts in there and been doing DWC, RDWC single plant scrogs. The 2 scrog nets are like 3.5 x 4.5 feet so technically two 4 x 4 areas but only 6 foot ceiling. I do bigger plants lately, and keep them real low except in the middle between the lights, which always has the largest colas.

Quite packed but i'm very pleased with the results. I'm way up north in the rainy state though so don't have to deal with heat issues hardly ever. But if I did I would totally build some COBS, or use HPS & go sealed and put a 10,000btu air conditioner in there if I lived in so cal. Definitely get a veg tent so you can fill the flower room as soon as you harvest, and propagate your own cuttings, it would suck to get a bad batch of clones.

My buddy just got 2 johnson cx6's in his 4x4 and they seem to work good plants growing like crazy, we'll see though its his first grow and I got him setup with a scrog net, about to flip.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I didn't say it wouldn't work, just that keeping clones/moms in the same room as bloom is not an easy thing..
2fd64dfa.gif

can you explain how you go from veg to flower room with your scrog setup? Im not quite sure how to go about this. Do I build a permanent screen assmebly in both flowring and veg rooms? veg into veg screen? when its 50% or so full you untuck everything and take the screen off? then move the plant into its new home in flowering room under its new screen and go straight to tucking again??

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
my closet was 6' wide and 6' tall, 8 feet deep. 2k and 2600 for a while. 8 plants to 70 using the racks.

picture.php

picture.php

full
picture.php

picture.php

Bare MH produces dank in this set up.
12" filter fan in rafters to cool to attic, open window in next room intake in summer, recirc in winter through other rooms.
picture.php

Drop That Sound

You could veg in a smaller space like a 3x3 with 24 hrs of light, allowing them to get taller in the smaller footprint. No scrog net, just training them by topping and fimming so you get a bushier plant. Then like a week before they go in the flower room drop to 18 hours of light.

Now you take the tall vegged plants that are filling the 3x3 and put a hurtin on em, literally bend the crap (try not to snap them but they will still heal if you do) out of the branches till they are flat, essentially spreading them into the 6x6, and drop the nets on top of them in the flower room. A true scrog is spreading the plants out wide and using the screen to do it however possible.

You could stagger half the room so your adding new plants to one side and harvesting the other side every month, and leave the room on a 12/12 schedule. Or just fill the room and harvest the whole room after 2 months or so. A perpetual system like this will allow you to harvest around every 2 months or even 1 or less if you keep rotating new plants in.

can you explain how you go from veg to flower room with your scrog setup? Im not quite sure how to go about this. Do I build a permanent screen assmebly in both flowring and veg rooms? veg into veg screen? when its 50% or so full you untuck everything and take the screen off? then move the plant into its new home in flowering room under its new screen and go straight to tucking again??

Always wondered this also

Drop That Sound

Basically just put the plants in the flower room, toss a screen on the plant(s), use it to spread them out and fill the whole canopy, and turn on your timer. Remember it is difficult to deal with the plant once weaved into in the net.

You could however do smaller modular scrog nets, so each bucket and plant has its own net. Just make sure it fits through your door to the flower room. That would allow you to scrog and train them right off the bat, but then you would need a veg area the same size as the flower area, in newguys case that would mean constructing another 6x6 just for veg. IMO its easier and more effecient to use a smaller veg area, and lay the smack down on them bitches, and cut off all vegetation under the screen right before you start flowering..

Drop That Sound

^ I do like chunkypigs stadium grow though, very efficient use of space without any nets or trellis. Also easy access to any plant unlike a scrog. Nice job chunk

Drop That Sound

here is my little space

Attachments

• IMG_1016.jpg
    IMG_1016.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1048.jpg
    IMG_1048.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 13