What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How do you deal with neighbours while growing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floridian

Veteran
Ive been growing 15 years in the same house and fortunately have good neighbors.To keep them good I am very generous with the free erbals.This sounds crazy and probably would not work for most,but its worked for me.

Z

Ziggaro

Well my neighbors are muslim so I'm not the one being looked at. Some of the nicest people ever, too..

seeded

After you've taken the basic precautions like buying a carbon filter all you can do is be a good neighbour. Take care of your garden, don't leave your bins out, don't make much noise but especially of a night, say hi if they see you, no drug traffic, etc. and you'll be better than 90% of the people they've previously lived next to. You'll be seen as good in their eyes so they'll overlook the constant humming, obvious weed smoking, etc. because losing you means a 9/10 chance of getting someone worse.

St. Phatty

Another question is,
how do you deal with neighbors who are feuding ? (very carefully)

how do you deal with a neighbor who wants to pick a fight with you, for an unknown legal reason ?

In the latter case, one useful answer is, to be patient.

Sometimes you don't know if a neighbor is just slightly extra complain-y, or actually consistently hostile.

Accomodating them a little bit, and giving them rope, seems like a good tactic.

I have one hostile neighbor tenant who narced on me to City Hall.

Trying to report me for SOMETHING.

However, my property is free of variances, Knock on Wood :woohoo:

The tenant's landlord, my neighbor, is not free of variances.

Now, at this point, if I become more aggressive in pressuring the neighbor to put a leash on his tenant ... after 9 months of me sitting there and being patient ... the request seems more reasonable.

Patience is good in dealing with neighbors ?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the folks on two sides smoke, the guy behind me is a bigger concern to LEO than i am, & the fellow across the street knows i smoke & is cool with it. carbon filters RULE!

EastCoast710

Yeah, I hear what you say, but it's how to deal with them if problems arise without bringing LE to your door.

See LE knows I grow, they just haven't been able to get enough evidence to get a search warrant yet.
They tried to wangle a search without a warrant on a couple of occasions, via a knock and talk, but I wouldn't let them in.

See the people around here are all stupid, and all LE has to do is rock up on their doorstep and the people say, yes officer, I admit I'm growing marijuana, and you can come in and see them.

But when they struck me they were thrown out a bit, because I didn't act like the rest of them, and I wouldn't let them in, and I could tell they were not expecting that, as the local failures just admit to it and let LEO in without a warrant.
So they didn't know what to do when they struck me.

But I think I should take a break from growing.

if your not legal in one form or another ya.. id say your pressing your luck .. lol. all its going to take is you to fuck up and throw somethin in your trash that's worth enough to them for a warrant.. a friend of mine back 4 years ago.. had his trash picked up and saw the trash guys drive around the corner.. and give the two bags to the detectives.. as he was leaving for work.. he said fuck it .. and ended up getting busted.. :comfort:

Yeah, I think I will shut down for a while; dismantle any grow equipment and store it at the back of a big closet with junk in front of it.

There has been too much heat here.

It's actually the neighbours who have shopped me in the past, although I didn't have anything growing at the time.
Actually it's funny that both times I got a knock and talk I wasn't growing anything.
So the neighbour, actaully I think it might have been two neighbours, hadn't seen anything, they were just being malicious.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Or do what Dog Star recommends and just blow your whole fucking house up! Yeah, great idea! Whooppeeeee!

troutman

Seed Whore
Whether your growing or not. You should be polite and leave your neighbors alone.

Like they say. Don't shit in your backyard or you'll smell it for a long time. :laughing:

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Or do what Dog Star recommends and just blow your whole fucking house up! Yeah, great idea! Whooppeeeee!

<geez> I can't believe Dog Star wrote that crap, just blow it and burn it down...smh. Worse, I think he was being real.

Dog Star

Veteran
Hey,hey people... it was a joke that first post...

dont you made me look more worst than i really am...

and a guy already told that police know for him,they only need a warrant to break in..

off course its a joke when i say that he need to blow his house of..

much better solution is relocation and peacefull life,abiding laws,etc...

Hope you get now..

baduy

I got a freakin crazy new neighboor. He is at war with the whole neighborhood, already made official complaints about virtually all he could against everybody he could. Already told the cops that I'm trespassing his flat when he is out which is just a big fat lie but already brought me in some trouble, luckily I could make my point with the cops.
No one in my placecan figure why he acts this way, just a person full of clashes to the point it's more like a mental disease.
Lately other neighboors (adorable non smoking retired couple) came to warn me he told them about "the drug smell" coming from my place and said something about telling to the police.
It just take one piece of crap to ruin a harmonious neighborhood and for some reasons I just can't move to another place.
So since now no closet grow, no more inside drying of outdoor grow, I'm reading the outdoor drying thread presently.
Bummer.

baduy

Dog star I like your style :biggrin:

I also like the idea of muslim neighboors, reminds me of the joke of the muslim son bringing the fbi to dig his old father's garden soil for free by texting him "Dad don't dig your vegetable garden that's where I hide "you know what""

growsjoe1

Premium user
Veteran
Hey Dog Star,

....if so, I get it. :laughing: and :biggrin: and :moon: are pretty useful to show satire and such.

HarvestMoon303

Well my neighbors are muslim so I'm not the one being looked at. Some of the nicest people ever, too..

I started laughing out loud and had to clean up some beer. It's ridiculous that this is the case in the current state of the US, but it IS the case in many places. Not looking to change from about Jan 20th 2017 to Jan 19th 2021 either.

Dog Star

Veteran
Yesterday i was stoned more harder than any person here... and i know you are stoned too so i have a respect for you all,

sorry for stupid joke,maybe this is not time for such a explosive joking..

am in Europe so we need to keep a spirit going on.. and to be cheerfull all the time...

Whoooopee yipi ka yeee ... ;) LOL

HarvestMoon303

See LE knows I grow, they just haven't been able to get enough evidence to get a search warrant yet.
They tried to wangle a search without a warrant on a couple of occasions, via a knock and talk, but I wouldn't let them in.

But I think I should take a break from growing.

Yes, or move. There are plenty of places when growing/sales/possession are legal in today's USA. I don't know if the incoming AG will change that, but for now, it's pretty chill.

Honestly, I don't understand why LE would go after some small indoor pot grow. Are there forfeiture rules where you live? Are they eyeballing you car and tv?

If you know that they are trying to get a warrant, that's bad. It *could* be worse, but only when they show up at the door with said warrant. The time between the two is likely very minimal.

Brother Nature

Much love to Dog Star, great shit my man, keep it up. :smoky:

In reference to the OP, if you do live in a rough area, make friends with your neighbors, don't mention anything about growing though. Better yet make friends with the biggest baddest guy/guys you can.

Had a similar situation happen to my friend back in my younger days, had a little 'G-kid' sneak in while his sister was home, hit her a few times and took what was there. Next day he was brought back to my mate along with the product, which he let the guys keep as the amateur took it 4 weeks early.

It's a risky thing we do regardless of legality, best to keep your wits about you and have a set of nuts to back yourself up, just in case.

Best of luck mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts