What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trumps wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudToaster

Veteran
and one ton of Chinese steel requires .7 tons of coal ... unless, unless ... Donald should just spin the wall out of graphene from atmospheric carbon (my MIT bros should have mentioned that to the Donald) ... i can just see the tweet:

We're going to give a big middle finger to China steel, for a start ... you will be giving so many big middle fingers you will have to rent more hands (get the big hands).

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I wonder if the Trump Wall will be visible from space like the Great Wall of China?

Go big, or go home....isn't that Trump's business building mantra?
Time will tell.
Seriously, far more pertinent troubles we need to manage.

Cannavore

Veteran
40 billion to israel, billions in weapons to the saudi's so they can commit terrorism against yemen, billions to the richest people in the country in the form of tax breaks, 40 billion for a pointless wall.... when does it end?

immigration has remained nearly unchanged for close to a decade now, and is not even close to a top problem this country faces.

by the way that $40 billion is based on trump's specifications for the wall. it could turn out a 1000 mile long wall isn't long enough and they'd need to double it. in which case that $40 billion turns into over $100 billion real quick.

Hermanthegerman

Know your rights
Veteran
1962-USSteel-Promo-01.jpg

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've driven the Million Dollar Highway (Ouray/Silverton, CO) many times. Maybe we'll have $40B wall driving tours....and charge a toll to drive along side it!

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
This shall not be a pro or contra Trump thread! I as a german ask myself, is it posible to build a wall of 3000 miles or something? In Germany we had a wall of maybe 700 Kilometers between east and west Germany but I cant imagine that the US can guard the whole thousends of miles? He just said in his newest press conference, that he will build the wall.

What do you think, is it possible?

I think it could be quite effective and even cheap if the wall/fence were electrified, but I'm betting they've already thought of that.:tiphat::spank:

Betterhaff

Veteran
Every time I hear of walls and/or barriers the Maginot Line comes to mind. That worked well…the Germans just went thru Belgium.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
..... tunnels could be problematic, too easily flooded with gas.:tiphat::frown:

gotta find them first. flooding with gas is expensive, & does nothing if there are no people in them. several tunnels have been found that had pneumatic/electric trams running in them. it is impossible to build a wall too tall to go over/under...East Germany had guard towers & machine guns & folks still got out. how long before (if not already happening) GPS guided drones make remote controlled drops across the borders? technology will ALWAYS be one step ahead of security...

vta

Veteran
Can't wait for a secure boarder...that includes the wall but also a host of other defenses. I just love when the moonbats say it's not needed or that immigration is not an issue. Funny shit right there. Here in Socal over the past couple decades, the trades have pretty much gone to illegals. Go to any construction site and tell me I'm wrong. When my children were in HS, it was almost impossible for them to get a part time job. Fast food restaurants, gas stations and such are no longer starter jobs but careers....demanding a living wage...so silly.

Floridian

Veteran
I do not think stopping 100% or even 75% of people breaking our laws is the point at all.It will physically stop some and may psychologically stop others.I think more than anything he is making the point that something must be done,and I cant argue with that.To the starter of this thread of course the wall will not be 3 thousand miles long nor will it even cover the whole Mexican/US border lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts