What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

justiceman

Veteran
Glad to see the Critical Kush recovered. She was already a bit low on food so it's no surprise some of the fans curled up a bit no worries. You should be able to finish her out without issue. She's gonna be real smooooth. Should be some fine smoke. Nice little mini tent man! That should be very useful for clones or even small LST flower experiments. I follow a cool 2x2 tent grow on another site. It's a t60 secret jardin with 2 levels. The guy flowers on the top level with an hps and flowers a plant on the bottom level with t5's. Looks really clean.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Your Critical Kush looks like the same pheno I found when I grew it. Stacks super hard, with crusty rock hard buds. Excited to see what the Pink Glue's hold. Just like the other PB hybrids, your the first to run them.

GastroGrower

Yeah I'm definitely running the Kush again. The second pheno I have is in that tent with the PB crosses that just started 12/12, so I'll see how it flowers, but I'm already not a fan of the way it grows vs the first pheno.

I decided to put in a hanging shelf to hold my humidity dome and took out the three tier stand from Tent #1. I've got a lot more space now so I'll be able to use some more floor area for large plants. Just in time too, I need to get the Stardawg hybrids moved to larger pots so they can start filling out. Looking pretty nice minus being a little hungry. I'm considering putting in a flood and drain system for this tent to simplify feeding. If I can rig up two tables, I can have one for seedlings/auto's and one for vegging out bigger plants.

picture.php

Stardawgs
picture.php

Dakine

Veteran
Nice Gastro! Yah since I saw you grow Stardawg out, I've been thinking about that Dawg cut that was/still is A well known/needed cut from either Big Island or Maui I think it was. Im not sure if its even close to being near the same cross/cut.. But I want A Dawg strain/cross in my garden lol.

I think I really want to try the Stardawg Backcross if I had to pick.. I wonder how different the phenos/plant would be from the one your running?

EDIT- Or I actually would wanna run one of the "Breathe" crosses lol.. But these are all "Wishes". Atleast I get to see ah friend grow them out and enjoy the flowers of your labor haha!!

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Nice Gastro! Yah since I saw you grow Stardawg out, I've been thinking about that Dawg cut that was/still is A well known/needed cut from either Big Island or Maui I think it was. Im not sure if its even close to being near the same cross/cut.. But I want A Dawg strain/cross in my garden lol.

I think I really want to try the Stardawg Backcross if I had to pick.. I wonder how different the phenos/plant would be from the one your running?

EDIT- Or I actually would wanna run one of the "Breathe" crosses lol.. But these are all "Wishes". Atleast I get to see ah friend grow them out and enjoy the flowers of your labor haha!!

If Gastro get's a male and saves him, you may get to see some Stardawg bx beans. I have the Corey Cut back. :biggrin:

GastroGrower

Oh yeah - seed making chamber is half built. Once it gets done I'll be making a lot of fun stuff. Definitely going to hit my cut of Mendocino Purp with any males I get to retain her genetics and see what comes out. Along with that I'll be making any F2s I can with what I have from the Pink Bazookas I've run.

Unfortunately, I lost the male Karmdown x Pink Bazooka I had been holding on to, but I'm pretty sure we've got some male parts showing on a few of the other Karmdown plants that just started flowering so we'll probably have something to work with.

About to start another horrible addiction.....

GastroGrower

Pulled the fuck it switch

Pulled the fuck it switch

So after the issue I had with the Kush, the other two plants I had ended up having their lines clogged and went through the same thing (go figure). I decided to go ahead and pull these plants and get the tent ready to accept another couple plants. They're a little early but done filling out. The Gluebreath was just as sticky this run and performed really well in the SCROG.

Here's some pics from the harvest process.

One Gluebreath plant pulled
picture.php

Critical Kush
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

The Kush is really nice, with some sweet, almost lavender smell. Some decent tric production but nothing crazy. Biggest benefit is the yield - everything that had decent light coverage produced these big, chunky, easy to trim buds. I'm not expecting anything amazing in the taste department but I'll make a report once some is dried and cured.

GastroGrower

Few more pics.

picture.php

This plant had 3 main colas. Here's the top of each one. Really dense, almost like what you see from rooms running additional CO2.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
Now you got some good smoke coming in a tad early can't complain. Looking good man. Those roots got thick buddy. I was about to say you should post up your root shots in the root thread but you already did. My man!:tiphat:

Are the close up shots glue breath? Looks like a lot of resin.

GastroGrower

Actually those macros are the Kush as well. It's certainly not lacking in resin production. On a stickiness scale of 1 - 10 (1 being brick week, 10 being GG#4) the Kush is around a 5 where as the Gluebreath is an easy 8 - 9. Would love to have the yield of the Kush with the resin production of the Gluebreath.

It does look like at least one of the Pink Glues is a male. So I will probably try to make seeds with it's pollen and this cut of the Critical Kush. Could be an interesting result with the genetics involved.

GastroGrower

Looks like my giant zinnias are liking the 6/9 formula as well.

picture.php

This stardawg seedling on the other hand... Some interesting growth patterns.
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
hahaha cool seeing those zinnias liking the mix. That would be great if you could combine both aspects of those genetics. That glue breath sounds crazy sticky.

Are the stardawg leaves growing asymmetrically instead of the normal symmetrical seedling growth? I had a few of my Pure Afghans do that. It was interesting but eventually they went back to normal.

Dakine

Veteran
WOW Gastro. That Critical Kush looks like some dank! Those nugs are pretty frosty but look dense as fuck to! Nice Bro!

GastroGrower

Thanks guys! It's got some real stank to it. I had to postpone moving anything into Tent #3 and hang everything in there to dry because it was making my whole building smell like dank. I overheard my neighbor talking about how good it smelled through the door haha.

Should be dry in a week or so and then I'll get em all jarred up.

GastroGrower

Thought I'd share an update on the one Pink Glue I haven't put into flower. I really like it's structure. Some thrip damage but I'm doing a neem spray before lights out tonight and then introducing ladybugs tomorrow morning.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php