What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sessions as Attorney General could be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannavore

Veteran
the states rights argument is retarded in many cases. all it does is give certain states the right to curb your rights lol. obviously many of the deeply red and religious states wouldn't legalize or change their cannabis laws for the better, making it a death sentence for many in those states with no where else to turn.

what an odd circumstance that must be... not being able to use a plant in one state, but once you cross over the imaginary line every thing is peachy.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
the states rights argument is retarded in many cases. all it does is give certain states the right to curb your rights lol. obviously many of the deeply red and religious states wouldn't legalize or change their cannabis laws for the better, making it a death sentence for many in those states with no where else to turn.

what an odd circumstance that must be... not being able to use a plant in one state, but once you cross over the imaginary line every thing is peachy.
Gun laws are much the same.

Jhhnn

Veteran

It's been that way over all kinds of stuff in the past. Miscegenation. Gay sex & marriage. School integration. Voting rights. There are still dry counties & towns although alcohol possession is legal everywhere. We're making progress.

Jhhnn

Veteran
Gun laws are much the same.

I had lots of guns when A64 passed, mostly inherited from my grandfather, father & brother plus a few of my own. Hadn't fired 'em in years & had no illusions of self defense, either. I just took 'em out to clean 'em & reminisce every year or few.

Looking at the worst case scenario of over eager Feds, I gave 'em all to my niece & her husband. He's an avid outdoorsman & the only one in the family who hunts at this point in time. They'll be cherished as heirlooms.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Felt good to sign a petition today regarding disapproval of Sessions. We'll see how Senate members feel. Looking to be a circus...Sect. of State, Atty General....brother.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I had lots of guns when A64 passed, mostly inherited from my grandfather, father & brother plus a few of my own. Hadn't fired 'em in years & had no illusions of self defense, either. I just took 'em out to clean 'em & reminisce every year or few.

Looking at the worst case scenario of over eager Feds, I gave 'em all to my niece & her husband. He's an avid outdoorsman & the only one in the family who hunts at this point in time. They'll be cherished as heirlooms.

Sucks to hear but good that they are still in the familiy

Cannavore

Veteran
It's been that way over all kinds of stuff in the past. Miscegenation. Gay sex & marriage. School integration. Voting rights. There are still dry counties & towns although alcohol possession is legal everywhere. We're making progress.

yeah that's what i mean. states rights issues i see as a temporary fix at best.

vta

Veteran
Session's is a great man and will be a great AG ! It's anybodies guess what the administration will do with rx and rec weed...although THAT directive will be Trump's to call. It is a policy decision that will come from the top. Oh, and Obama better pardon H or she might be in some trouble...at least I hope so ! I am just soooo happy with all of Trump's picks. Can't wait to get the Supreme Court locked in. I'll add that I just love all the liberal tears and the media freakout...really warms me up inside. Only one week to go before the worst President in history...is history. Put that in your pipe and smoke it :smoke:

Cannavore

Veteran
yeah obama is definitely worse than the guy that put us in a deep recession, scapegoated us into two illegal wars, and allowed 9/11 to happen on home soil. after it's all said and done, the bailouts and the two wars are going to cost something like $30 trillion dollars.. b bb but obama!

EsterEssence

Veteran
It looks like he is going to be confirmed, and Canna, you forgot that that previous admin also committed war crimes, torture.

D

Dioni

Session's is a great man and will be a great AG ! It's anybodies guess what the administration will do with rx and rec weed...although THAT directive will be Trump's to call. It is a policy decision that will come from the top. Oh, and Obama better pardon H or she might be in some trouble...at least I hope so ! I am just soooo happy with all of Trump's picks. Can't wait to get the Supreme Court locked in. I'll add that I just love all the liberal tears and the media freakout...really warms me up inside. Only one week to go before the worst President in history...is history. Put that in your pipe and smoke it :smoke:

Yup real p o s, got the whole world ready to light up...because after the speech is over he runs COMPLETLY out of talent. This is what happens when you elect a ideological community organizer to lead the FREE world. we don't have to try that again! :biggrin:

Just for the record the Bushes fn sucked too!

Cannavore

Veteran
well to be fair obama committed war crimes too. i'm also not a fan of obama btw before i get a post calling me a dumb libtard or something. at best i'm 50/50 on his presidency. but to say he's the worst president ever is not even close to being true..

topheavy420

7 days until little Lord Barry is gone!

I can't say I've liked any of our recent presidents very much but Barry is the worst of them all. GTFO!

HarvestMoon303

I have no doubt that Sessions is genuinely crazy, and interested in going after anything that's "illegal", but after thinking about it a bit, wouldn't it be enormously unpopular to go after weed?

Almost every state that has floated the idea has somehow passed it (notable exception of AZ, probably because of the racism -> "marijuana" -> Mexico). Something like 40% of cops think that it should "Somehow" be legal, and a significant portion of the population thinks the same.

People are counting on legal pot to get them through the next 4 years, myself included.

igrowone

Veteran
I have no doubt that Sessions is genuinely crazy, and interested in going after anything that's "illegal", but after thinking about it a bit, wouldn't it be enormously unpopular to go after weed?

we have some contradictions here
Sessions hates weed, people who use weed, and so forth
that said, the answers he gave in the hearings have been interpreted to mean he probably won't doing anything drastic about it
which i think is probably true, ambition seems to have won out over principle
maybe his head will explode if he thinks about it enough

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahahaha
Obama worst ever? HahababBBBBbabahahahH
Oh that's so cute...Jesus fuckers and flat out suckers make me laugh...Brings me joy...Ahhh...Gonna be a good day

Jhhnn

Veteran
yeah obama is definitely worse than the guy that put us in a deep recession, scapegoated us into two illegal wars, and allowed 9/11 to happen on home soil. after it's all said and done, the bailouts and the two wars are going to cost something like $30 trillion dollars.. b bb but obama!

Feels like living in an episode of the Twilight Zone, huh?

Welcome to the post-truth era.

Jhhnn

Veteran
we have some contradictions here
Sessions hates weed, people who use weed, and so forth
that said, the answers he gave in the hearings have been interpreted to mean he probably won't doing anything drastic about it
which i think is probably true, ambition seems to have won out over principle
maybe his head will explode if he thinks about it enough

Don't be accusing the Trump team of having principles other than greed & lust for power. You know it's not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.