What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bill Maher sparks up a doobie on air

dddaver

Veteran
It's too bad, but I think he's right... not gonna happen at the federal level. Doesn't matter what's right or popular opinion. Washington has become a place controlled by the big moneyed lobbies.

Each individual state will have too enact laws until those slugs ever do anything at all.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
he looked a little buzzy in his eyes, head change for sure lol, he didnt hit it much musta been good lol someone should email the show and see what strain it was lol

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
the feds will turn around and not only accept it they will run it with an iron fist..they already have the patents,,next will be the tax money....yeehaw..nothing new it got done to tobacco and alcohol already....so the cycle repeats...

armedoldhippy

Veteran
the feds will turn around and not only accept it they will run it with an iron fist..they already have the patents,,next will be the tax money....yeehaw..nothing new it got done to tobacco and alcohol already....so the cycle repeats...

you can grow, cure & smoke your own tobacco. you can legally make any alcohol product except moonshine because of safety worries where imbeciles used radiators etc as condensors. can you say "lead poisoning" ? of COURSE you can, LOL! i have, BTW, never heard of anyone getting popped for moonshine that was not selling it & fucking the tax man. always a good way to get busted, just ask Al Capone. if it is legal to have, regardless of the source, growing it for yourself will be a lot less risky. JMHO :tiphat: "the sky is falling, the sky is falling..." :woohoo:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best thing I have seen on his show ever. Actions speak louder than words. Keeping smoking hidden keeps it forbidden. Not that he has anything to lose but still a nice gesture.

He was coughing a bit after his hit, hehe. I disagree with a lot that Maher says but he does get some things right.

Plus he is quite funny, at least when not going for political 'humor' that gets into preachy, dogmatic areas.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bill was fined for 1.7 million after smoking on live tv.

Not true. I think HBO is fine with him smoking and Bill asked a lawyer if he was legal to smoke before hand.

Still a fine moment in television history.:tiphat:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
you can grow, cure & smoke your own tobacco. you can legally make any alcohol product except moonshine because of safety worries where imbeciles used radiators etc as condensors. can you say "lead poisoning" ? of COURSE you can, LOL! i have, BTW, never heard of anyone getting popped for moonshine that was not selling it & fucking the tax man. always a good way to get busted, just ask Al Capone. if it is legal to have, regardless of the source, growing it for yourself will be a lot less risky. JMHO :tiphat: "the sky is falling, the sky is falling..." :woohoo:
you can only grow so much tobacco before the man has his hand out..i once was gonna grow 5 acres worth and had a tobacco planter,,and you can also make moonshine if you fill out the paperwork and call it ethanol...like I said weed will become highly regulated and over taxed...yeehaw

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you can only grow so much tobacco before the man has his hand out..i once was gonna grow 5 acres worth and had a tobacco planter,,and you can also make moonshine if you fill out the paperwork and call it ethanol...like I said weed will become highly regulated and over taxed...yeehaw

5 acres makes it plain that you are planning to sell it. yep, there are rules about that. ethanol fuel is NOT moonshine. alcohol, yes. moonshine, no. like i said, if it is legal, even if overtaxed, you are still at a lot less of a risk if growing your own. unless you are going to continue in the black market...beware the IRS! LOL...

Meraxes

Veteran
Jack Bauer can torture people on Fox, and the FCC goes after the pothead and the black dude. They going to prove that was actually weed? Well, knowing Bill he'd say fuck yes it was...:biggrin: