What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

drug trial disaster

S

strandloper

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-health-test-idUSKCN0UT131

"One person has been left brain dead and five others are in a serious condition after taking part in a clinical trial in France of an experimental medicine from an unnamed drug company, the French Health Ministry said on Friday.

The ministry did not say what the medicine was intended to be used for. A person familiar with the situation said the drug was a cannabis-based painkiller in the initial stage of human testing.

Britain's GW Pharma, which markets an approved cannabis-derived treatment for spasticity caused by multiple sclerosis, and France's largest drugmaker Sanofi both said they were not involved in the trial."

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
CNN.com The French Health Minister backed off early reports that the drug contained Cannabis or some form of Cannabis derivative. Thank God for that, as that is not what the IC or Cannabis community needed. I sort of wondered about that as Cannabis has been used for thousands of years with a perfect safety record.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
They should just quit fucking around and prescribe a big bag of weed and a vape

blastfrompast

Veteran
No different than fucking spice etc. GARBAGE

Develop a chem that can bind, but is different than thc by a carbon or 2...

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
You would think they would learn-
They took hold of opium- fucked about a bit- presto! ... Heroin.
They took hold of coca leaf- fucked about a bit- presto! ... Cocaine.
All for the sake of profit.
Disgusting.

On behalf of the world, thank you big pharma, for fucking the world over.... Now kindly stop!!

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is was happend when the pharma frankensteins put their smudgy fingers on a perfect natural product :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

There's a whole lot we don't know about the situation. Especially not to what extent Cannabis was involved, if at all.

I reserve judgement, but would like to learn more as actual facts become available.

EastCoast710

ya its the same shit in k2. spice.. and all those other synthetic cannabinoids.. why do you think people have horrible reactions to that shit as well?

Prof.Woland

Greetings,

ya its the same shit in k2. spice.. and all those other synthetic cannabinoids.. why do you think people have horrible reactions to that shit as well?

When I heard the news I didn't believe it for a second. In my home country the news reports were claiming that the drug was cannabis based. Then later on a report made correction that the drug wasn't cannabis based, instead it contained cannabinoids.

Even the correction was wrong since the drug contained an active ingredient called FAAH-inhibitor BIA_10-2474.

Endocannabinoid system research is in the cutting edge of modern medicine. I really wonder what actually happened there. It's very interesting.

Last edited:

kakaman

This is actually going to be used as a argument AGAINST medical marijuana and legalization because the synthetic drug blinded to the same receptors cannabis dose and its going to work because the general population is very stupid when taking in info from the mass media. All we need now is for that fat fuck ricotta cheese beach ball Chris Christie to bring it up on the campaign trail.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
news this am said it absolutely was not cannabis based contrary to prior assertions by (apparently) someone with an ax to grind. anyone know what Kevin Sabet is up to? :biggrin:

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
CNN.com A person in the drug trial has just died, and several others are expected to have permanent nerve damage. The drug was designed to work on the "endogenous cannabinol" system. Once again the French Health Minister stated the drug does not contain Cannabis or Cannabis extracts. Since the system has the same name I expect the genius law makers will try to use it to demonize Cannabis which has been used for thousands of years with a perfect safety record.

Galaxy420

CNN.com A person in the drug trial has just died, and several others are expected to have permanent nerve damage. The drug was designed to work on the "endogenous cannabinol" system. Once again the French Health Minister stated the drug does not contain Cannabis or Cannabis extracts. Since the system has the same name I expect the genius law makers will try to use it to demonize Cannabis which has been used for thousands of years with a perfect safety record.

Yet another way the illegal status of the real whole plant is killing more innocent people victimized for the war on drugs ( the war must really be on some damn drug!!).
they make some fake lab drug from ( ???) targeting our endogenous cannabinoid system ( canna mimic) mimicking a co-evolutionary system that is bio logically active since plants were formed from nothing and then it kills people. they are targeting the endocannabinoid system- how in the hell did a drug make it that far to real life patients that is not even a cannabinoid for real? Well all I can say to these fake drug people who want to target the endocannabinoid system - it is already happening everywhere that there is a plant with cannabinoids and human interaction with the plant ( or the other way around :biggrin: )

Latest posts

Latest posts