What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A grower's perfect day

63or63

What does your perfect day look like?

Isolated still a bit here, North of the Mason Dixon and East of the Mississippi, and am curious about what other growers day to day typical existence is like. Have I become isolated and anti social from growing? Has my serious leisure activity/hobby gotten out of control. How do you make it over the hump?

Do you grow legally/quasi-legally, fly under the radar and grow for ps only? What does your day typically look like?

Have you created or taken any deliberate actions to help design your lifestyle? How do you keep it going?

Cheers and safe growing.

Last edited:

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I am out fishing..perfect day..not training,trimming,cleaning, cloning ,spraying...ect ect ect...yeehaw..I have grown everywhere I have lived legal or not for long time...small time to,, biggest was 20k and 5 k veg,,,, also some outdoor,,, greenhouses and guerilla.. I have never attempted to try to smoke it all..so that's that on that part

Yeah man, just get out a few times a week. Have a nice dinner. Go bowling or play paintball, golf, etc. Go have some drinks and a nice cigar somewhere. You get too isolated from growing and you turn into this.

giphy.gif

tumblr_loby47w6FJ1qeegbeo1_500.gif

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I did the hermit thing for a while, it was alright at first but towards the end it became uncomfortable. People start to wonder why you don't work and assume you are a lazy bastard or you are on disability or something, that's not me so I didn't feel comfortable wearing that stigma anymore.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've never been a professional grower. For me, the best days as a hobbyist grower were at harvest time. Trimming with the wife or gf (at different times historically) while watching weed stuff on tv. Trimming buds, getting high, and watching Half Baked seemed like it was as good as it gets.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I think Guerrilla Red has the right idea. If he's on Chapter 14, I'm on chapter 3, but I'm already thinking about the things he mentioned. Do your thing for most of the year, in the winter travel to refresh yourself.

Also gotta have some endgame too. While our projects are of I ntrinsic worth, they also need an end to be directed at, which can include the project.

63or63

Lately. Beginning and ending the day in shorts, a t-shirt, or bare ass naked gardening in 75 degrees and 40%RH when it's sub zero outside, not having to deal with a commute or anyone I choose not to associate myself with.

Have Seasonal depression they say get a mood lamp. I say get a couple HPS's and a few plants, it will surely stop any seasonal depression in it's tracks, ime.

angelgoob

when you get free hash and seeds.

If a tornado was coming I'd just bring some hash into the crawl space and grab my phone and hope my internet doesn't go out. Fuck about my life. Internet? Very useful.

Floridian

Veteran
I don't have a problem feeling isolated when people aren't knocking on my door.I have one neighbor and the person that moves my erb coming over and the occasional Jehovas Witness of course.I like the peace and solitude.I can always go out when I want to become disillusioned or disappointed in people lol

Z

Ziggaro

This hobby makes me close myself off. I go to work and school and the park with my kids and I act out my role as the upstanding citizen.
My biggest interests have to do with this plant so I don't have too much to say to straight folks unless they wanna talk bball. Buut this is a football town and football state.
Still my wife, kids, and all of my other favorite females make life pretty blissful.