What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

no need for greed

relic1981

Veteran
i dont know what it is but lately ive encountered several really greedy people and it makes my skin crwl. i see cannabis as medicine and it has really helped me in life and still does. where im at the priceskeep fluctating, mostly down, so that has put lots of growers under stress. that said i dont see that as an excuse to act like a dick. ive had several people try and push their gear on me for unreasonable prices and then get pissed at me when i cant work with it. if you want top dollar it better be top shelf. seriously, there are so many people growing here, most of whom have their heads up their ass and dont know what they are doing and produce crap that gets sent out of state. one mans trash is another mans treasure. but here in humboldt the patients i support require quality meds not second rate. im tired of listening to the used carsalesman act. your product should speak for itself and usually doess, good or bad. no need to try and pepper in lies about this and that and how you gotta get x amount (even if it isnt worth it) i guess its not so much greed but desperation. too many people think growing will solve their finacial problems and then realize(if they manage to get a decent fist crop out) that they need contacts to sel it. youd be amazed how many people advertize on craigslist for starts, flowers, hash/oil, and the loads of people who have failed and are trying to sell their equipment for what they paid for it. price goes down after its used bro! keep it professional even if you dont grow alot and you will reap the benefits. newbs, dont think you can pull off something you have never tried just because your neighbor does it. its sad too, the dispensaries are carrying crap most the time because its cheaper. the whole point is to help people not price gouge for sub par meds. thanks for letting me get that off my chest!

S

Sat X RB

well, in a reciprocative spirit ... I say: thanks for sharing!

Aust TV visited Humbolt County recently and showed growers discussing their problems.

seems to me this is how the legalisation cookie crumbles. every time goods or a product becomes mainstream-popular, the price AND quality drops. viz: coffee, chocolate, tobacco.

all turned to shit but still consumed enmasse by the general public who think they're enjoying the benefits of our free enterprise system. Ha, Ha.

SO ... similar rave right back at ya, Relic. (I 'm a fuckin relic man ... 40 years older by the looks of the date on yr username.)

Cheers from Oz!

O

OGShaman

I think I replied to the wrong thread. Oops.

Last edited:

purple_man

Veteran
high fambz!

don't be surprised and worried, cash $ rules everything around me type of mentality is fuqin up every aspect of our lives for ages.

as put it nicely, many folks get in the "game" for the dollaz, hence they care most for having product on their hands, why should a $ maker spent extra time, manpower, $, ... to produce a high grade product, when he can dump regs/beasters all day every day for a similar price and get a higher return of investment via the "bunk" pathway???

same way it amazes me when folks who never grew a single plant, enter hydro stores and get 10 - 100 lamp setups with $ signs in their eyes. thats how things work (sadly), or how come rumors speaking of the big ops in the states are mostly ran by SHADY folks at least?

blessss
ps.: maintain your product standards (hopefully a high one :) , wait and see who will maintain longer ;)

MJBadger

Veteran
I`m seeing a lot of people get caught up in this buying of crap weed , it`s 100% illegal in the UK so you would think that people would wise-up & go for quality not just a score . This is where mass production has it`s own drawbacks , no quality control .

I like to think I can spot a good-un from my own experience & have upset people when my loupe comes out & the sale has not happened . Sooner go without than have bad quality .

relic1981

Veteran
idk, maybe its just me but i think if your gonna produce or sell something you should take pride in it and do it right. same reason i dont like walmart. that said i know its not so black and white in life and times are tough.

I think it's all reaches of society. Idiocracy is happening. People are just losing humanity, forgetting values our parents were raised on. We just experienced this with what we thought were longtime friends. Ruined a friendship and business deal over a few hundred dollars. Times are tough I get it. Ask me for help. Greed and filth is everywhere. If it's not bad drugs it's bad morals.

Anchorite

You are absolutely right about the product speaking for itself.
You reap what you sow, and everyone gets whats coming to them.
Sooner or later..

blastfrompast

Veteran
Don't forget people are stupid also...and hung up on the latest strain craze or at least the Cash croppers are....

Around here (MB) you can get cheap bc PK for 350 a qp...but locally grown "heirloom" budz fetch $500-550 and are gone faster than they are grown....so quality will always reign supreme...Most people I know are soo sick of the Kush's and KushX's that they jsut don't wanna smoke em anymore....

Growcephus

Veteran
The biggest losers are the idiots that support keeping cannabis criminalized so as to keep prices high.

They'd rather see lives destroyed and people locked in cages than lose their profit margins.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Good luck trying to keep greed out of the weed market as it is greed that is driving the change in laws we are seeing steadily happen in the past few years. Just today I was reading about how Washington DC has it on the ballot to legalize marijuana so they can regulate and tax it. We like to think the laws are changing because more reasonable people are gaining political power but the truth is they're changing because there is a metric shit ton of money to be made off of marijuana and it's by-products.

Gry

What is it about human nature that lets people feel they can trade their integrity for profit with no loss ?

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
What is it about human nature that lets people feel they can trade their integrity for profit with no loss ?

Maybe the people trading integrity never really had any to begin with? So for them trading integrity for profit would be like letting someone buy the Brooklyn Bridge from them. We like to think that because we share the love of marijuana we all also share most other values and beliefs, this is really just a fool's notion.

People are all bloodsucking leaches. No matter what you do you are the bad guy. Huge blowup on my property today. For taking care of people who don't want to help themselves. Fuck humanity. It was lost years ago. The world needs to be light up. Billions of monkeys unable to function for a few days is what we need.

newbert

its funny you made this thread relic. ive been readin this guys wordpress site. hes out of humboldt and decries the marijuana scene as run by greedy "dope yuppies" as he calls them. i have no personal experience with humboldt but read it because i feel his assessment on humboldt is just a microcosm of the marijuana industry as a whole.

john hardin's wordpress- https://lygsbtd.wordpress.com/