What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Professor P's Macro thread

professor p

Veteran
Hello,

I've had a few friends tell me I need to post over here, so here we go!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sativa dry sift.. Still needed to be cleaned a bit more.
picture.php

Dried shot of Salmon River OG
picture.php

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice shots P :tiphat: Your friend had a good idea, it's nice to see quality pictures of our passion.
Can you also tell us wich body and lens have been used?

professor p

Veteran
Nice shots P :tiphat: Your friend had a good idea, it's nice to see quality pictures of our passion.
Can you also tell us wich body and lens have been used?

Hi noreason,

Canon 6d/mpe-65mm (x5 magnification) for all shots besides the last trichome shot, it was taken with a nikon D800e & nikon 105mm, Kenko extension tubes.

Cheers

randalika

Mentor
Veteran
hey prof p :wave:
good too see you around here.
those are some beautiful shots. lightened up my day!
keep 'em coming!

professor p

Veteran
Absolutely stunning macros professor p...

Thank you Fatsack79!.... This is a transition period for me, I've recently switched to canon after shooting nikon for years.. It's been fun, but I'm always learning.. That's what keeps me fired up :woohoo:

picture.php

fatsack79

No thanks needed from u to me... You deserve the compliment... The pleasure of viewing your strikingly beautiful and meticulous work, is my pleasure... So thank you, professor p... Keep'm come'n...

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
:kewlpics:STUNNING photography prof p!!:bigeye:

Welcome to ICMag,
I came here originally to learn how to take great shots of my buds
Looks like you joined to share your amazing photos with us (your clearly less selfish)

How do you like your new cannon setup?
I was gifted a bridge camera 6 months ago.
I had asked for a cannon.
Received a Nikon, no complaints whatsoever.

Before asking for a dig SLR / bridge, I asked around plenty and everyone I spoke with said cannon's newer models were just overall better than nikons.

Excited to watch and learn as much as I can from you :)

All the best,
BeL

professor p

Veteran
Holy shit dude, you take killer pics! Keep up the DANK work.

Thank you very much... It's been a passion of mine for a very long time and I'm just happy we can share photos and info more openly nowadays :D
STUNNING photography prof p!!:bigeye:

Welcome to ICMag,
I came here originally to learn how to take great shots of my buds
Looks like you joined to share your amazing photos with us (your clearly less selfish)

How do you like your new cannon setup?
I was gifted a bridge camera 6 months ago.
I had asked for a cannon.
Received a Nikon, no complaints whatsoever.

Before asking for a dig SLR / bridge, I asked around plenty and everyone I spoke with said cannon's newer models were just overall better than nikons.

Excited to watch and learn as much as I can from you :)

All the best,
BeL
Hi Bel,

Well, to start off let me thank you for welcoming me to the community.

I shot macro with nikon for about 8yrs before I recently switched to canon. I had a Nikon D800e and went to Canon 6d.. The body was a downgrade but the Mpe -65mm was worn the sacrifice.. The last bud shot was taken with the nikon d800e & nikkor 105mm macro lens..

With the D800e, 105mm lens and Kenko extension tubes, I was able to get a 2:1 reproduction.

With my current setup I can get 5:1 reproduction with just the Canon 6d and Mpe-65mm lens...

I also added some components that I believe are crucial for the quality I'm trying to achieve... A more stable tripod, manfrotto 410 junior geared head and a novoflex Q focus rail (it moves forward/back and side to side).. Critical for framing a tiny trichome ;)

Feel free to message me if anyone has any direct Qs they need answered.

Excellent camera work Prof P
Thank you Resin Ryder!... Learning more and more every time I do another photo shoot.. Some of my favorite shots often happen when I'm inspecting my plants ;)

Cheers