What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fla. mom arrested after pic of baby with bong

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I'd say that posting the pic was the dumb move, the kid with the bong wasn't the worst. Worst was posting, bet she doesn't post anything any more.:2cents:

mjg132

Hydrosun will be posting us a pic of a day old innocent with a joint next week...it's really hilarious!!! :rolleyes:

Japanfreakier

Veteran
So when it comes down to it you're really against the freedom of expression. I think if anybody was honest their first reaction to the pic was a laugh, it's funny shit. You might find it distasteful or vulgar, I don't.

In fact this kind of humor has been around for a while so it doesn't really surprise me that a woman as young as the mother in this story would have no qualms about taking a pic like this, times are a changing and good for them.

picture.php

mjg132

..'So when it comes down to it you're really against the freedom of expression.'

Nope.I am expressing myself.You are the oppressors.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
I worry about my Son being taken aways because I'm a patient and my man's a medical grower....I shouldn't, it's wrong. But, this! This is fucked up! I don't want to see my Son anywhere near weed, bongs...notta! ....until he's 17, then Mom and Dad have a lot to teach him about responsible smoking. Hopefully he takes after his Daddy and becomes an eithical, awesome grower....but not until he's mature enough to do so and the State says he can.

This picture may be funny to look at, but it's also an indication of irresponsible parenting....OBVIOUS bad parenting. Should she have her kid taken away for just the photo? No. But she's a stupid bitch if she thinks CPS isn't going to investigate her. SOMETIMES, PEOPLE....there are parents that NEED to be investigated. Stupidity is dangerous to kids...there's just no arguement there. Is weed? Not for the most part, but in my house, it's not gonna be in my kid's face. Period. That's my call.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
This picture may be funny to look at, but it's also an indication of irresponsible parenting....OBVIOUS bad parenting.

The only thing that is bad parenting about the pic is the fact that a move like that can take the mother away from her child, or in other words the drug war is bad, but we already knew that was bad. Other than that there is nothing about the pic that says to me this baby isn't loved and looked after, nothing at all.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
By the way, most of us on these boards who are parents are making the same choice really, if I'm caught I'll be taken away from my kids. If this mother is a bad parent for taking that pic that I'm the worst fucking parent on earth for growing weed. That's the logic people if you follow it out. I don't buy that for a second.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
My honest first reaction was....if this girl is stupid enough to put a picture up like that, knowing what it could do....how smart is she? Is she even really taking care of this kid? NO intelligent woman would do this. To me, it was an indication. But, it's just a photo, none of us know shit about her, so we can simply say what we think about it and move on.

I grow weed too JpF....but in my judgement, it has to be relocated to a place my baby isn't sleeping. We are currently looking for a spot to grow away from our house and Daddy will go back to working outside our home. There's no solidity in NOT having your kids taken away from you...here, our children are wards of the state, not ours. Regardless of what is right and wrong, I'll sacrifice MY thoughts....to keep my Son with me. He comes before my ideals, my thoughts, my wants in this life. Until I am bigger than the state and have more money than God to go to court and fight for him, I WILL do what I have to to keep him. I WILL NOT test the system over my bull-headed beliefs. What I think is if this bitch is stupid enough to test the system without being big enough to beat it, she risked her child going into foster care. Have any idea what happens to some kids in foster care??? Not good things a lot of the time. THAT'S the fucked up part of it. She thought a funny picture was worth her kid's security in HER home. I think stupid people ruin children....the bong didn't do anything wrong.

Last edited:

mjg132

Miss Blunted,i have no doubts that your a great parent,good for you. :D
The thoughts of these,albeit very articulate idiots,are downright irresponsible.

'lol are you feeling oppressed?'....well,no,i just wanted you to see that you are forcing and inserting yourself on others opinions and beliefs.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Miss Blunted,i have no doubts that your a great parent,good for you. :D
The thoughts of these,albeit very articulate idiots,are downright irresponsible.

'lol are you feeling oppressed?'....well,no,i just wanted you to see that you are forcing and inserting yourself on others opinions and beliefs.

Obviously no-one has forced anything on your opinions or beliefs because you have expressed ZERO change in your stateist views.

Ms. B admits that the system is wrong, but powerful and she is taking huge steps to keep her son away from her husband's career and love. She and her family are making huge sacrifices to avoid judgement and inspection by people like you. The power of the state to imprison and steal children is real, but only because the people support it. I just wish the majority wasn't filled with small minded haters that would steal a child or imprison a parent because of a flower.

:joint:

JCJ

Every1 should just find as many baby pics with beer,meds, and cigs and send it to every Florida politician and news channel. Thatz the dumbest excuse i've ever seen to take a child away. Theres parents out there that are actually abusing there kids and there taking one away because of something he's goin to be doin in the future. There are actual mothers who scream at there infants and abuse them. I've even heard that if a mother tries 2 kill herself wen the child is present they treat the mother for a couple months and let them take the baby back!!! WTF IS WRONG WITH PPL WAKE THE FUK UP AN START DOIN SOMETHING B4 ANY1 AND EVERY1 CAN HAVE THIS HAPPEN

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Obviously no-one has forced anything on your opinions or beliefs because you have expressed ZERO change in your stateist views.

Ms. B admits that the system is wrong, but powerful and she is taking huge steps to keep her son away from her husband's career and love. She and her family are making huge sacrifices to avoid judgement and inspection by people like you. The power of the state to imprison and steal children is real, but only because the people support it. I just wish the majority wasn't filled with small minded haters that would steal a child or imprison a parent because of a flower.

Yeah nobody here in my house is choosing having children OVER the right the State gave us to grow meds...I'm just keeping the grow and my son's home separate for good measure. I have to, he's my son and I won't ever give him up....even if I have to swallow my pride and wants to keep him, that's all.

mjg132

I've never commented on the state taking the kid away,at what point have i?...it was the baby with the bong pic i find reprehensible.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Sounds perfect. How about we agree that we may judge the actions of our neighbors with our personal moral compasses, but no matter our personal opinion; the state should refrain from interfering with a family absent actual harm.

In this case the state of FL had no right to take the kid from his mother and transfer custody to another person, BECAUSE the baby was not harmed.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
My honest first reaction was....if this girl is stupid enough to put a picture up like that, knowing what it could do....how smart is she? Is she even really taking care of this kid? NO intelligent woman would do this. To me, it was an indication. But, it's just a photo, none of us know shit about her, so we can simply say what we think about it and move on.

But that's not what you said, you said she was a bad parent because she took a joke pic that her friend stole and put on-line.

What I think is if this bitch is stupid enough to test the system without being big enough to beat it, she risked her child going into foster care. Have any idea what happens to some kids in foster care???

Now she's a bitch? Before she was just a bad parent now she's a bitch? Damn you must be the best parent and most perfect person in the world to know so much. If you and your husband are every arrested all your neighbors are going to call you a stupid bitch and bad parent just like you are doing now.

I'm Dykster

Poor parenting skils and poor judgement usally doesn't produce a happy family. Now the picture of the kid with the beer is fine..cause we know he didn't drink beer...but the rest are signs of neglect.

Bad new..the social system in the us for kids ...well..they could be moved to a worse location.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
We know that the kid didn't have thc in his system because they tested him.

Don't forget that the mother is only 19 herself, I think it's fair to say she still has a lot to learn herself.