What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fla. mom arrested after pic of baby with bong

Hazelnuts

While it surely isn't an example of responsible parenting, the picture definitely doesn't justify the baby being taken away by anyone. No fucking way. I've heard way too many stories about child protective services and their foster homes to think the kid would be better off with them. And again, even if that was the case, merely taking a picture of a kid with a bong isn't EVER going to justify taking a kid being taken away from its parents. Some people here seem to overestimate the impact that kind of stuff has on the further life of someone.

Children should never be exposed to drugs (or weed) as it can be harmful for their mental and physiological development. Besides did she really think nothing would happen if anyone saw the pic? :spank: :spanky:

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Children should never be exposed to drugs (or weed) as it can be harmful for their mental and physiological development. Besides did she really think nothing would happen if anyone saw the pic? :spank: :spanky:

Beer (DRUG) Cigs (DRUG) in all 50 states I can sit at the kitchen table drink a beer and smoke a cig. The seat next to me could be occupied with a one year old or an eighty year old. I don't smoke cigs, but I do drink beer and wine with meals and have done it HUNDREDS of times in front of children.

When I was a child adults smoke and drank around me.

For you to claim that being exposed to WEED is harmful to mental and physiological development of children is disgusting! Please enlighten us with stories and studies of how poorly the children of weed smokers do when compared to the children of non-weed smokers.

As many on this thread have posted EXPOSURE to the STATE via the foster parent system is PROVEN to be harmful to the mental and physiological development of children.

I can't believe how many people are brainwashed into being agents of the state. If it is this bad on ICmag imagine how zombified the rest of the population is. The individual has almost no hope against the oppressive immoral majority.

:joint:

mjg132

You really do have your own agenda here..i'm not speaking as any kind of zombie, agent,or Rat.
Have a word with yourself.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
You really do have your own agenda here..i'm not speaking as any kind of zombie, agent,or Rat.
Have a word with yourself.

My own agenda is to be left alone and free from small minded people who would insert themselves in my business.

Justify your abuse of other's human rights and family life as you wish.

I have words with myself every day and I refrain from interfering in others business.

Where do you get the moral superiority to judge this woman? If being an agent, zombie, or rat isn't the motivation then what is leading you to the thought that "that photo is just wrong" and then the conclusion that you have the moral authority to rip that baby from its mother?

sit at the kitchen table drink a beer and smoke a cig. The seat next to me could be occupied with a one year old or an eighty year old.

For you to claim that being exposed to WEED is harmful to mental and physiological development of children is disgusting!

I don't know if you're a troll or just completely retarded but drinking a beer next to a child is not the same as smoking because when you smoke, the kid breathes the smoke.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
What I love is that people assume that the very shit that we know to be good for us, is somehow bad for children.

Have you seen the study about the kids in Jamaica?

"Ironically, some of Dreher's findings suggest that ganja use by mothers during pregnancy, and by their children after birth, might actually be good for children."

The reason to keep kids away from grass has nothing to do with the kid's health and safety and everything with other people's opinion. Bowing down to other people is actually closer to the truth.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
What a bunch of trash....just imagine if you found a pic of yourself as a baby,,holding dads bong...its like "thanks Mom And Dad" for leading me on the path of vocational college.

Personally I would laugh my ass off, wish I had baby pic like that.

And there is nothing wrong with vocational schools, I think they have a bad rap because people everywhere need to think that their B.A. degrees that left them in debt and no real job skills is somehow superior to actually learning something useful in life.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I don't know if you're a troll or just completely retarded but drinking a beer next to a child is not the same as smoking because when you smoke, the kid breathes the smoke.

There is no impact of second hand heroine if the guy next to you is shooting up, but I'd prefer that not happen next to my kid and has been pointed out there is ZERO issue from second hand MJ smoke.

Who is the troll here, the guy wishing people were left alone or the guy who wants to put people in cages because of what might happen to "THE CHILDREN"?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran

That is the point here-- The Mother took a staged photo of her kid with a bong-- The kid was not smoking...there is nothing saying the mother was...just took the picture-- Now she lost her kid-- Is that Right?? Do you agree she should have gotten her kid taken away because the kid touched a bong??

D

Disguised

I've got a baby pic of me drinking a beer in Key West, Florida in 1981. But I think I was actually drinking the beer :)

What can I say? my parents thought it was funny. I turned out alright.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
What's all this talk about her losing her baby? I thought they said they were not charging her with child abuse and it was done and over with.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
What's all this talk about her losing her baby? I thought they said they were not charging her with child abuse and it was done and over with.

Post the link. The story I liked to in post #2 made me think kid was grabbed by social services and she was facing criminal charges complements of the state of Florida.

If they are less retarded than I thought they were, pleas fill me in.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
"Florida authorities said a woman who posted a picture of her baby with a bong to Facebook was arrested on a drug paraphernalia charge.

Rachel Stieringer, 19, of Keystone Heights, who said the picture was a joke, was charged with a first-degree misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia, WFTV, Orlando, Fla., reported.

The state Department of Children and Families said a drug test on the infant came back negative and the woman was not being charged with child abuse.

The baby boy was turned over to the custody of his grandparents."

I mean obviously the state can't see a pic like that and not act, but all the people in here saying throw her in jail and shit? Shiiiiiiiiiiit, you guys are just nutz.

One of the really fucked up things about our society is that the legal process has been turned into a game and everybody is lining up to be the fat dude Dynamo. Everybody so jacked up to say guilty and hand out some 10,000 bolt justice that they totally lose sight of right and wrong.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
I mean obviously the state can't see a pic like that and not act,

That is where I disagree, as we saw just a few posts above a ICmager was drinking beer in a photo WELL under age and turned out fine.

The state is not meant to be a PROACTIVE parenting tool.

You don't like money spent like this, legalize it, and minimize government.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
"Florida authorities said a woman who posted a picture of her baby with a bong to Facebook was arrested on a drug paraphernalia charge.

Rachel Stieringer, 19, of Keystone Heights, who said the picture was a joke, was charged with a first-degree misdemeanor count of possession of drug paraphernalia, WFTV, Orlando, Fla., reported.

The state Department of Children and Families said a drug test on the infant came back negative and the woman was not being charged with child abuse.

The baby boy was turned over to the custody of his grandparents."

I mean obviously the state can't see a pic like that and not act, but all the people in here saying throw her in jail and shit? Shiiiiiiiiiiit, you guys are just nutz.

One of the really fucked up things about our society is that the legal process has been turned into a game and everybody is lining up to be the fat dude Dynamo. Everybody so jacked up to say guilty and hand out some 10,000 bolt justice that they totally lose sight of right and wrong.

My bad...I thought they took the kid and charged her-- At least the Grandmother has the kid, not the State-- But he should be with his mom--

Like has been said before...you can find thousands of pics online with babies with beer bottles or ciggs...this should be treated no different--

midgethorse

"My own agenda is to be left alone and free from small minded people who would insert themselves in my business."

Eaaaaasy hydro,
You lettin it get to deep bro...its alll good!
Lifes too fucking short..
You hate god.. I get it..

Midgethorse

Japanfreakier

Veteran
That is where I disagree, as we saw just a few posts above a ICmager was drinking beer in a photo WELL under age and turned out fine.

The state is not meant to be a PROACTIVE parenting tool.

You don't like money spent like this, legalize it, and minimize government.

And if beer was illegal I'm sure the state would do something about those as well. There's the way we would like things to be and reality.

Latest posts

Latest posts