What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First time visit Grove Street Salem Mass.

perismoke

My first visit was more of an exploration than a dire need for bud.
The appointments are made online,by invitation from an established mailing list. There are very few appointments available,..as this is the only operating dispensary in Massachusetts.
The security was high, with multiple checks of licenses. A video was given first to review..as well as ample written material. Back to school folks....
There were only two strains available...the White Rhino was sold out but Serious Happiness was available. At $13 a gram I made a minimal acquisition. The staff were personable and polite. The ATM in the place was shut down,..and it was a cash only service.
I understand that the system is in its infancy...and can submit a generally pleasurable experience.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I used to live in salem .. winter island road PHB... yeehaw.. love me the witches and bitches...mass is way behind where it should be by now...

omg that bud was horrible.. lol my buddy lives out there.. and brought some serious happiness.. which is garbage.. and even the prices suck for the quality. ill grow my own and smoke my friends until mine is done.. I couldn't believe that shit. medicine my ass.

medicine should be of a higher quality .. and should be regulated that way!. we have better black market dealers in mass then caregivers or dispensaries.

perismoke

Second Grove Street Dispensary Visit

Second Grove Street Dispensary Visit

The second visit to the only open Dispensary in Massachusetts went as follows:
Appointments are still made online,by the ATG automated system,and likely State monitored.
Since we have been indoctrinated at our first visit,albeit on a rudimentary level, about Marijuana,its effects,strain varieties,modes of use,etc..we are allowed to progress directly to the cashier and make purchases.
A sign board on a tripod listed the following strains available;
Incredible Bulk (1/8 oz limit),Cookies Kush (1/8 oz limit),White Widow and Big Bud (1/8 oz limit) , Grand Daddy purple (1/8 oz limit) and a cannatonic strain.
I grabbed 1/8 oz of all but Cannatonic,...for a total of 1/2 oz..::moon:..thats all that is available,folks...:(
Also,..a short note on the bashers of Serious Happiness from my first visit...I thought it was pretty damm good..AK47 and Warlock genetics aint too shabby. All of the bud was expertly manicured,clean,etc.
Admittedly,long dense colas like my Cindy 99 (Mosca's, of course) were not to be found in the pathetic little pill jars provided.
Lets try to give the State of taxachusetts some credit..they are trying,slowly,and less efficiently than,say,Maine or Colorado.
Verdict: Home grown still reigns king.

perismoke

Hi Overgrow...I would have to say the White Widow (old school genetics?) had the best head rush and non anxiety energy enhancement. The bud was clean,fresh,well trimmed and,yes,more expensive than on "the street". The trichromes were light amber..stalks slightly curved and the bud appeared to be handled carefully..... The GDPurple was,true to form,heavy on indica couch lock and caused a serious cooking fest with grilled dry-aged rib eye steaks,bacon-stuffed potato skins and a Boston Coffee Cake warmed up in the oven!!

Granted..the dispensary is trying..we would love to see what they have on the
website,continually updated. Maybe sometime...as other dispensaries open up in taxachusetts
there might be some competition which should foster improvement.

perismoke

Hi Joint..I know you didn't like the Serious Happiness,...(i'm a lightweight and it kicked my ass) but the latest entries are pretty good. They are $13.40 per gram...1/8 oz was $47...which,I understand, is expensive. There are a lot of folks that have no knowledge or ability to grow and this allows them to pick up some pretty good stuff. But,the state has mandated a temporary 60 day limit of 4.23 oz purchased through the dispensary...God knows where they got that number since the state laws allow for 10 oz,..I think...
I would love to grow some more of Moscas C99 but alas thats not possible now.

the state has mandated a temporary 60 day limit of 4.23 oz purchased through the dispensary...God knows where they got that number

I would speculate that demand exceeds supply and the limit is a form of rationing. Perhaps they got there by calculating the production capacity divided by the number of patients. It might be that new production will be coming online in a few months.

perismoke

Hi Hipster....I'm sure you're right about the supply/demand issue and rationing....makes sense.
Taxachusetts is trying but agreed slow and ponderous paperwork and hoops to jump through.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
salem is a nice place ..go to the willows by the water area..i lived there for a few years ....yeehaw...witches and bitches ... tell Talbot I said hi

i think its a joke honestly. the buds alright. don't get me wrong for people who cant get quality. its a great start.. but the quality on the street just seems to be BETTER BUD for BETTER PRICE..

jmk18

I agree with most of you guys. The bud that I'm getting from this dispensary(1 time} was ok. white widow. Nothing like I expected from a Licensed Dispensary. ALso most of the caregivers bud is chopped too early and dried way too fast. I really only have 1 or 2 c

jmk18

I really only have 1 or 2 caregivers out of about 10 that I can get what I consider high quality meds. But still the street reigns over All..

Blaze_420

I was just in ATG for my first time last week just got my temp license finally deciding it's time to get help. I found their prices high but never saw the bud but they had like 6-8 strains to choose from. Personally as I can't smoke due to lung problems I got 2 of their tinctures. One was an indicated made from White Rhino the other was a high CBD called cannatonic. I love the tinctures as they last awhile and help me with my ptsd and mood issues as well as chronic pain very well. I thought their bud prices we're way high but they are very nice in there. I will personally go back as I get more relief from the cannatonic than anything and the tincs helped me better than any weed I've gotten from my only source and help me get through my day well. Drop the high price of the bud and it would be my go to place every time. I'd rather get what works than some random strain I can't use.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
The dispo cannabis is complete garbage. The grower they use grows everything the same. It all tastes like bland cali outdoor that got shipped over and left in a crate for 2 years then found and sold. Even good genetics are bland compared to a closet grower that grows the same strains.
They simply cannot grow well and dont do the genetics any justice.
Only plus is that if you cant get any canna off the black market, then the dispo is always there for ya. Incase of emergency or dry spell.

Latest posts

Latest posts