What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado Seed Banks

floralheart

Veteran
What are the laws regarding Seed sales in Colorado?

I'm guessing Amendment 64 is a solid place to start reading, same as I did with my own home state.

Is anyone getting involved in this that wishes to out themselves?

I'm sure this is probably a legal gray area, because of the nature of politicians and lawyers manipulating the law, as we've all seen in our own home states; your opinion is appreciated on Colorado and seed banking.

monsoon

Some of the medical dispensaries carry/sell seeds. If they do, they must produce then themselves/within the scope of their own operation. In other words, I'm pretty sure you can't just bring in seed and resell them ala Seedbay, etc. from behind the counter. Therefore, all you are buying is what the dispensary is growing. Yawn...stretch.

And keep in mind that seed weight counts towards your 2 ounce medical limit as well....if anyone in LEO takes it that far when or if you have a problem.

Time will tell what 64 has to offer as there are no sales of any cannabis/cannabis products on a recreational level yet. (if ever)

satva

Veteran
One of the seeds banks has some sativa strands. I'll wait for retail sales, to spend too much effort. I don't have a MMJ green card. Centennial Seeds Colorado MMJ seed bank has some appealing "Made in Colorado strains".

I'm looking for made in Colorado - Highland Mexican - Acapulco, Guerrero, Michoacan and maybe made in Colorado Nepalese Highland. One of the Colorado seeds banks came up in a search. This may have been the one, or maybe not.

http://www.centennialseeds.com/seed-varieties/

jbones81

that is so sad to hear that col only has a 2 oz med limit that is stepping on your rights as a free American there should be no limits on things that mother nature supplies us on this rock they call earth

satva

Veteran
Amendment 64 will supersede the MMJ laws. MMJ laws and A-64 laws may be similar in some respects. The personal limit of 6 plants per person is the same.

Amendment 64 allows you to keep and use your 3 plants in flower and 3 plants in vegetation. If you need pounds of marijuana for your personal use, then learn how to grow big plants.

For recreational sales amendment 64 limits purchases to 1 ounce for Colorado residents. If you want to buy several ounces everyday, you'll probably have to visit several different stores everyday.

Yesterday, in front of the Colorado State Capital and today on the Boulder City Municipal building there was a group of people giving out free joints, urging the governments to limit taxation on marijuana. IMO, free marijuana, advertised in the newspaper and handed out near the State Capital is liberal,free and open compared to most places in the world.

I don't understand. The question was about purchasing seeds. Are you saying that Washington State's legalization laws are better than Colorado's legalization laws? I haven't read Washington State marijuana legalization, so I'm aware of other places that have more favorable legalization laws than Colorado.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
There are a few seed banks in CO that grow their own seeds only in CO and sell them only here. Reserva Privata medical, Centennial , Rare Dankness medical. They are independently run and very loosely affiliated with the majors you have heard about. For some reason dispensaries don't carry seeds much (competition maybe). By the way I ordered seeds (not from S. Boo) and customs got them in L.A. even with my CO address. Customs is a different branch of government than Eric Holder of Justice which runs DEA. Oh well I will try again.

monsoon

I'm pretty sure I saw they lowered the amount you can purchase as a resident to 1/4 ounce, not 1 ounce. Non-residents are limited to 1/8 ounce purchases. (Obviously, the State made the allowable sales limit lower so folks will pay more taxes on their purchases)

Centennial seeds is still around after the complete clusterfuck of most, if not all of their gear hermie'ing? I was lucky my Roughneck never herm'd but many, many others were not so lucky.
Pretty sad someone would jump the gun like that before testing it all out multiple runs/etc. >Whatever< happened, they soured many CO growers on their wares on their initial offerings. Dunno what they are doing/offering now, but be careful just the same folks.

monsoon

I stand corrected.

But who in this state will be >buying< pot? I know I never will! Either way, I hope the tourists have fun with this and generate a lot of tax dollars for the state.

Come-spend-leave. We love it.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm pretty sure I saw they lowered the amount you can purchase as a resident to 1/4 ounce, not 1 ounce. Non-residents are limited to 1/8 ounce purchases. (Obviously, the State made the allowable sales limit lower so folks will pay more taxes on their purchases)

Centennial seeds is still around after the complete clusterfuck of most, if not all of their gear hermie'ing? I was lucky my Roughneck never herm'd but many, many others were not so lucky.
Pretty sad someone would jump the gun like that before testing it all out multiple runs/etc. >Whatever< happened, they soured many CO growers on their wares on their initial offerings. Dunno what they are doing/offering now, but be careful just the same folks.

Yes, best to test out several grows as we do before dispensing.
Dispensaries may ease up their tight reign if they know they can get a cut of revenue from we independent breeders in Colorado.

I say, grow on!! Times, they are a changin'.

Jhhnn

Veteran
I stand corrected.

But who in this state will be >buying< pot? I know I never will! Either way, I hope the tourists have fun with this and generate a lot of tax dollars for the state.

Come-spend-leave. We love it.

I think a lot of non-gardener types will buy retail, even some people who grow their own. If nothing else, it's an opportunity to try unfamiliar strains w/o having to grow 'em.

I want a New Year's Day Special- eight eighths of different top shelf varieties for the price of an ounce. A sampler pack. A64 brings a lot of people into the scene or back into the scene, people eager to experience & understand what breeders have done to create modern cannabis in all its variety. It'll be a trip, a journey, an awakening, something that would be difficult to experience without a lifetime of growing.

I might have to wait in line for hours, but I'd like to be there, to support the effort, and to have the receipt framed for posterity. It's a truly historic occasion.

McNerdius

2 ounce medical limit in Co? Time to move I would say.

that is so sad to hear that col only has a 2 oz med limit that is stepping on your rights as a free American there should be no limits on things that mother nature supplies us on this rock they call earth

Sorry to bump for these old posts, but... wha ? That's the "default" limit i guess you'd call it. I told my doc that my main method of medicating is coconut pills / edibles. My limit is 6oz/18 plants. No haggling required. Not sure how that compares to other states, but, i'm surely not in a hurry to move. Just wanted to make sure others know this.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
A friend works at a dispensary and is always moving product. He just tells the Dr. he needs a bigger limit for his work. I don't know how many oz he is up to now but it is a lot. If you tell the Dr. you do edibles, it takes a lot more weed so you get a bigger limit. I have heard that if you pay some Doctors more they will write a bigger limit. Just saying.

argo430

Veteran
some crazy folks are selling nugs,wax,seeds and clones on craigslist under health and beauty for sale. I don't know if i would try it however.

satva

Veteran
Since Washington state doesn't allow everybody to grow, (correct?) its up to Colorado to begin a legal preservation of seeds / strains.

On my list is Highland Thai and Highland Mexican both clear and euphoric sativas from the 1970's but available in the mothers via hybrids from Cannabiogen - Destroyer Meao Thai /Mexican x Colombian and Chimera - Highland Mexican / Blueberry.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Strain preservation is not for Coloradans in general... It is up to those that are interested in that type of product & have the time, patience & dedication to take on such an endeavor. If all Coloradans got involved these plants would devolved to hemp extremely quickly dye to a lack of experience.

Since the State has interest in the plant only via tax collection it is wise for anybody to obtain quality genetics for themselves.

Where's the Colorado Cannabis Seed Exchange?
Oh there not one... Some folks should get together and put one together... Id donate. ;)

satva

Veteran
Its still early in the game for an official Colorado Cannabis Seed Exchange. A few Colorado seed makers are mentioned in this article. Making only a few seeds is not that easy - I'd donate.

http://modernfarmer.com/2013/11/seeds-legal-pot/

Boulder's farming community has few small commercial farms with seed exchanges for heirloom vegetable seeds, that's what I'm thinking.

Skip

Veteran
Yesterday, in front of the Colorado State Capital and today on the Boulder City Municipal building there was a group of people giving out free joints, urging the governments to limit taxation on marijuana. IMO, free marijuana, advertised in the newspaper and handed out near the State Capital is liberal,free and open compared to most places in the world.
If it's free, not sold, then it can't be taxed, I suppose.

Are there any limits in CO on what can be traded or given freely, without any money changing hands?

I'm surprised there aren't any seed banks in CO yet, even if limited to local product.

Latest posts

Latest posts