What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help Choosing Oregon Hemp Seeds

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I'm sourcing hemp seeds to grow for myself and to produce seeds. This is for my small personal hemp patch not a large operation. I think Oregon cbd is the most trusted supplier but they have a 5000 seed minimum order on seeds and other restrictions. I'm considering some seeds that have been lab tested on seedsherenow.com by Best Coast Genetics called "hang ten" and "indicators". Also I'm looking at seeds from Oregon Green Seeds Willamette Valley Hemp Seed selections. I contacted the Boring Hemp Company but haven't heard back yet. Those companies sell seeds in lots as little as 10 seeds and claim they pass Oregon hemp testing guidelines. I like the idea of buying hemp seed from the region I'm going to grow it in. I'm located in the willamette valley.

I want to know if anybody has had good or bad experiences with these companies? Any suggestions or feedback? I dont want to buy seeds that test hot by the inspector.... Has to be legit!

https://oregongreenseed.com/seed-company/w-v-h-s/

https://www.seedsherenow.com/best-coast-genetics-indicators.html

https://www.seedsherenow.com/best-coast-genetics-hang-ten.html

Lab Tests for Best Coast Genetics

https://www.seedsherenow.com/content/seedtests.html

Seed Buyer

I have several friends that planted multiple Oregon CBD varieties here in South Carolina and their genetics dominated the fields. Such better specimens than any of the cuttings making the rounds here in the Carolinas (Cherry Wine, Boax, Wife, Abacus). I am recommending Oregon CBD to every hemp grower we consult with. Getting a hold of them seems to be the biggest challenge.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
I have several friends that planted multiple Oregon CBD varieties here in South Carolina and their genetics dominated the fields. Such better specimens than any of the cuttings making the rounds here in the Carolinas (Cherry Wine, Boax, Wife, Abacus). I am recommending Oregon CBD to every hemp grower we consult with. Getting a hold of them seems to be the biggest challenge.

I agree, I think Oregon CBD has the best seeds but unfortunately there's a 5000 seed minimum purchase order and I dont need that many. Ideally I do not want feminized or autoflower seeds either. I want full photoperiod plants that can be vegged into big ganja trees just like photoperiod thc weed. I dont want to grow large numbers of small plants. I want to grow 100 big ganja trees that pass the test for .03% thc. If I grow larger numbers I'd only grow 500-1000 plants next year.

Seed Buyer

If you want small amounts of seed stock look at Key Of Life out of Colorado. Why would you want male plants to ultimately have to cull out? Are you looking to grow hemp to extract oil or to bring a trimmed flower to the market? I may be talking out of turn but I have not seen any cultivar that you are going to put into a 300 gal smart pot and get a 8'x8' canopy.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
If you want small amounts of seed stock look at Key Of Life out of Colorado. Why would you want male plants to ultimately have to cull out? Are you looking to grow hemp to extract oil or to bring a trimmed flower to the market? I may be talking out of turn but I have not seen any cultivar that you are going to put into a 300 gal smart pot and get a 8'x8' canopy.

Ok I'll check out key of life thanks for the tip. I figure if they are photoperiod I'll start them in the greenhouse and sex them before I put the females outdoors just like thc photoperiod plants. I want to do a little of both oil and bud as I'm doing r&d for some end products at the moment. I'm not sure if I've seen what im looking for either but I know what I need so im gonna look until I figure out what's actually possible. I wanna get a hemp patch going on my property.

PDX Dopesmoker

Does ODA publish a list of all of the businesses and individuals who've paid the extra $120 for the agricultural hemp seed production registration fee?