What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home tent grow

insomniac_AU

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi everyone!
smiley_abzv.gif

My current grow is 3 x Jean Guy from House of the Great Gardener and 1 x Black Russian. 36 days flower.

The set up is as follows:
-flower chamber is 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0M tent with home made DWC set up with air pump and 2 x air stones.

-Air handling is taken care of by a Westaflex fan and Canfilter carbon filter + 2 x mixing fans.
-600HPS + Kroplite shade

-Nutrients are Nefarious (an Australian company) and I find them excellent and I've tried quite a few different major brands.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] -I also have a veg chamber / clone chamber with 2 x 80W 6500k CFLs[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]

insomniac_AU

Hi everyone!
My current grow is 3 x jean Guy from the House of the Great Gardener and 1 x black Russian. This is day 36 of flower.
The set up is as follows:
-flower chamber is a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0M tent with home made hydrponic set up with air pump and 2 x air stones.
-air handling is taken care of by a Westaflex fan and Canfilter carbon filter + 2 mixing fans.
-Kroplite shade + 600HPS.
-Nutrients are Nefarious and Australian company.
-I also have a veg chamber / clone chamber with 2 x 6500K 80W CFLs.

Last edited:

insomniac_AU

Looking good buddy, I have a similar sized tent but you have waay more nugs in there!

Thanks mate. It's just been experimentation over the years. If you can get the canopy fairly even and SCROG out the tops to take full advantage of the available area you can do well in one of these tents. I regularly get over a pound.

insomniac_AU

The biggest problem I find with these tents is when you have a negative pressure (all the time) inside the tent the walls suck inwards and reduce the effective size. I am working on a solution to this.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Garden is looking awesome, scrog is great for max yield. Ive been sharing this around alot lately and thought you might appreciate it, side lighting can be really beneficial as well. Check out the how to get 1.5+gpw link in my signature for more good info.

Dr.King:
4 plants 3gal pots coco 2.5-3lbs 580 watts light.
It sure is achievable. Lots of top notch growers currently hitting that mark and above. Anytime anyone needs some information about how to hit 2+ gpw check my thread out or feel free to pm me, no worries :tiphat:.

My old keeper Chemdog. I was hitting 2.5-3 pounds with 4 rounds per year under 500 watts in a 5' x '5 x 7' tent.

Here Is Dr.king's Thread Hitting 2+ gpw going for more (Ace, Bog, GHS)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=318715

insomniac_AU

Garden is looking awesome, scrog is great for max yield. Ive been sharing this around alot lately and thought you might appreciate it, side lighting can be really beneficial as well. Check out the how to get 1.5+gpw link in my signature for more good info.

Dr.King:
4 plants 3gal pots coco 2.5-3lbs 580 watts light.

Here Is Dr.king's Thread Hitting 2+ gpw going for more (Ace, Bog, GHS)
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=318715

Thanks for the kind words. Yes I agree side lighting is beneficial but in my situation at the moment I don't think it's practical. When I move to my new house I will set up a proper room.
Here are some Jean Guy buds from last crop. It was less than perfect so I'm hoping for better results this time. Still killer smoke though. Carbon filters are not an option with this strain but a necessity.

green404

Nice, little grow. What size bucket did you use ?

The biggest problem I find with these tents is when you have a negative pressure (all the time) inside the tent the walls suck inwards and reduce the effective size. I am working on a solution to this.

Do you have a fan speed controller to turn the exhaust fan down ?

insomniac_AU

Nice, little grow. What size bucket did you use ?

Do you have a fan speed controller to turn the exhaust fan down ?

Thanks brother!

I use standard hydro pots and grow wool they are about 140mm diameter at the top. I use these because I can easily transfer from veg chamber to flower chamber seamlessly. I usually harvest and get the next crop going same day.

The Westaflex fan I use has a speed controller but I need it on maximum toward the end of flower to lower the humidity. If I don't there's a risk of mold. I may have to add an in fan but I always want a slight negative pressure so smells don't leak into the house. It's an inherent problem with all tents that don't have bracing between the corners. I'm thinking about adding some.

insomniac_AU

As far as the other tubs go. The top section that contains the pots / roots / sprayers I'm guessing is about 30 litres. The res is a 50 litre container. It's on the small side but I find changing nutes regularly is a good thing. It keeps everything in balance.

This design allows me to easily remove and wash the the res and stops roots getting in the res. I have to change nutes every 4-5 days at the start of the cycle and every 3-4 days toward the end. I am growing inside my house in the suburbs so I need it to be fairly clean and easy to manage. I move water with a 10 litre watering can.

Chappi

I figured that one out, you have to get a fan to push in air and at the same time you need to be able to control the speed on your exhaust fan. You want SOME negative pressure but not cave in pressure. Imo too much negative pressure fucks up the stitchings on your tent from the stretching of the fabric.