What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DON'T read if you've spent money on "Girl Scout Cookies"....

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's pretty simple as I understood it - some packs of cookies went out when it was still very early on the scene - guys got some seeds in the flowers...they grew the seeds, forum was kept and shared with the community because it was the best representation of the cut from those seeds...

And like many other cuts - people were super cool about sharing her and she got around and now everyone has access to cannabis that people enjoy smoking and growing...

The core group that spread her were never the ones making seeds for sale or anything else...just heads passing along some weed they enjoyed...

dank.Frank

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yup pretty much, theres a few of us who could have been dicks, held her tightly, made s1 or other shitty untested seeds and flooded attitude and seed bay and i would have a new truck and a new bike right now. but nope we passed them around to other people, who then ran off and made their crosses and money off it.

there are literally a dozen seed companies who made their start off forum cut, guys who never bred or released seed before until they got forum.

TimeKeeper

Good points being made here. Glad to see that you guys handled things like gentlemen(microbe & frank) and this didn't turn into yet another pissing match. This whole debate about whose cut is real or not is so old. It gets harder and harder to find breeders/seed banks that have any integrity. A lot are in it for a quick money grab and will lie, cheat, and steal just to move bunk beans. In the long run these people will be found out and exposed because the bottom line is the quality of the plants that are produced. And for all of cookie crosses out there, for me the whole point is to find something better/different in the cross. If I want an exact replica of gs then i'll find a good cut and rock it. I forgot what the hell I was talking about. I'll check back latter.:smoker:

HillBilly1

Veteran
More shity seedy. Crazy Cookies grown in 2gal hard pot and crossed to
Spyder Tracks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 20

DoobTube

the beauty is in nature. The fact that a variety of cannabis so happened to be called Girl Scout Cookies, and that, that particular plant captivated the minds and lungs of so many is the very thiing that so many of us enjoy most about this plant. Its ability to change and grow and constantly lead our interest is why it still works. The cannabis plant evolves just like us.

I'm so excited to talk about Girl Scout cookies 5 years from now when something beyond our minds is being grown.

Love everyone

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
Anyone seen the article in the current HT, about origin of GSC ?
hidden in plain sight, the answer to many a grower seed woes! access to tons of genetics by growers everywhere! will folks begin raising males for the pollen? pollenbay anyone? i'll buy alot!:biggrin:
shit can be legally mailed worldwide! holy shit! why aint this happening already?
let it rain pollen!
"Pollen Nation"
rock on cookie family!
:tiphat:
mg

theJointedOne

Veteran
there are literally a dozen seed companies who made their start off forum cut, guys who never bred or released seed before until they got forum.

yea its nice to know the same ones wont last more than a couple years, at the most, surviving, before they close up shop bc they have no real passion.

passion trumps greed everytime in the long run.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You can read it online. Can't wait to see what the price of that pollen will be.

Also teaming up w/ DNA for some X's. Everything else are "fortune cookies", seeds found in their buds.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
cali is the WORST for strain hype. worst is the cut only strains. spreadin cannabis herpes everywhere! i'd like to lay out three indica, sativa or hybrid strains and see if anybody could reliably identify the strain! lets do that next cup!
:laughing:

Who cares? We make THE MOST money....

Ollie

Veteran
ya it just got online today on there website, previously it mag only.

WIthout taking sides nor anything, i really like the idea about a pollen banks..

However, not having tried it, i cant say how viable the pollen would be, when shipping (temp diff, etc. etc.) maybe Sam or others could chime in,

Ofcourse if its all local with fast ship, no worries i guess ..

ThaCollieMann

theres all kinds issues with that pollen idea....first off....where did the male come from? is it stable ? what kind of hermie rate does it have? is it a bx1? furthermore.....I think its just a way for the cookie fam to corner the next big thing....think about it....they shoot pollen out to everyone the next big hybrid that works out they got first dibs too....idk...I think that whole krew is shady...everything they do is sideways .....idk..I got love for flux and a few of them...but jigga and pieguy are as full of shit as rez dog as far as im concerned

where can I get more info about cookie fam? if possible?.... I live far away from Cali, but I like to be tuned in on whats going on in the ganja scene.....

from the outside of the box, it seems that things are really messed up in canna world in Cali....

from my point of view, lots of folks getting in the buziness for the wrong reasons..... its like a rat race, but with no final destination.....

Latest posts

Latest posts